Klipsch THX 7.2

beatbrother

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beatbrother,
Is this where you purchased your Fiber Optics?
http://trinorthlighting.com/Store/index.php?cPath=8&main_page=index

Your HT is going to be great.....! The ceiling truly makes the room....Great job....!
W. C.

Hi W.C.

No, I found it via a UK Ebay shop.
but it really looks kind of similar of the ones you are showing,
but I had an 800 fiber star field in 3 different sizes.
A lot of work, but I'm really happy with the result.

A Klipsch question. [:D]

I'm about to connect my Klipsch setup this week, so I was reading in the manual for the connections.
I have 1 interlink cable to connect my receiver to my Klipsch Subwoofer amp.
In the subwoofer amp manual they say you can connect 1 cable or you can split it and connect 2 cables.
What's the purpose or difference and what do I have to do ?

I have an Anthem MRX-700 receiver.
That has DTS modes etc, but no specific THX modes like some other receivers do have.
What do I have to do with the sub amp ? Put it on THX or not ?

Beatbrother,

THX Certified is a specific set of signals that your receiver decodes. If your receiver were THX Certified, it would have a stamp on the face plate saying so along with the myriad of other signals that it can decode. Aparently, your Anthem is NOT a THX receiver. That has NO bearing on its quality, as it could just be an older receiver. I would venture to guess that all you need to your THX amp is the Sub out cable and there should be no need to split it. For now leave the THX amp on the non THX setting. When you upgrade to a receiver or pre/pro that IS THX Certified, make the change to the THX setting then. In the THX mode, the amp is just looking for a specific signal from the receiver or pre/pro. I hope this helps, but not being there and seeing the connections or equipment, I am only guessing as to the configuration. Feel free to try different configurations as you may find that it sounds better another way. Your THX System should sound great with any move that you play and the Anthem is a fine receiver.

Hope this helped and I am sure some others may jump in, that may have more experience with your particular set up,

W. C.

That looks great! I have been contemplating something like that when I get a dedicated HT room. I was looking at Nightsky Murals but they are probably quite expensive because you apparently have to fly some guy out to your house and he paints them, and I can't see the paint having the ability to keep it's vibrance over a long period of time.

Dude the stars look awesome, did you have to drill 800 different holes in the dry wall for each strand to come threw. I will have to youtube some install videos on that, seems like it could be alot of work.

Hehe ... no drilling was necessary ... thank god ! :D

I have a ceiling with acoustic tiles.

So it is quite easy to install them, you just can push it through the tiles.

Afterwards you just have to push the fibers back untill they are all on the same level als the tiles.

So it's easy, but it's just a lot of work doing every star one by one. ;)

• Moderators

Ceiling looks great!

Afterwards you just have to push the fibers back untill they are all on the same level als the tiles

I thought I read one time that you could take sissors and trim them. If so, I would think that would be much easier. Either way, still a LOT of work but the end result is worth it.

Yesterday was the big day !

I have watched my first movie in my HT.
The HT is not fully finished yet. I have to add some details, like putting in the lights etc, but
I'm able to watch a movie.

So it was also yesterday I first heard my speakers.

WOW ! Really amazing ! I just love them.
The only thing that is not so good is that I think I have 1 broken speaker.
The right back surround (KL-525) has only high sounds, but no low or bass sounds.
Could it be the wiring ?

And 1 more thing I still haven't figured it out.
How do I set my Subwoofer amp ? what is the best way to start off with the right settings ?

With THX or not ? Boundarie gain compensation ? crossover etc.

So if someone can help me out with it, that would be great. :D

Greetz,

Bart

Glad you love em

Already. Check and make sure the binding post jumpers are on that jacked up surround. As for the sub stuff. Well I don't about compensation or any of that but I run my gain as high as I can on the amp and then let my receiver turn it's gain all the way down. That was what svs recommended for setup.

• Moderators

Bart...less talking...more pictures. [:P] I'm sure everyone wants to see some more pics of your room with your new speakers.

Congrats on the new setup. I bet it sounds amazing. I've only seen the Ultra2 setup, never heard it myself.

THX Recommends settings crossovers to 80. Depending on your room and what your personal preference is, it could go up, probably not down. Most people set the crossover on their sub all the way up and let the receiver handle it. The only thing you don't want to do is set the crossover on your sub to lower than the cross over on your receiver, because than a chunk of frequencies will not be played. Example if you set the sub to 70 hz and the receiver to 120, the receiver will be sending everything under 120 hz to your sub, but your sub will be playing only 70hz and below so you would not be getting anything from the range of 70-120hz..

If you have trouble, your best bet is calling Klipsch and see what they recommend. Not many people have that sub.