Our oldest moved back home 1-1/2 weeks ago

fini

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have kids so I am the perfect person to offer advice. Buy a shipping container and since you are in Cali there are tons of them around. Setup the shipping container so it is level and put all her stuff in it. Then you convert it into a living space by poking a couple holes in it or going all out and turning it into a swank pad.You get your house back and some space.

http://storagecontainerhomes.net/shipping-container-home-tips-and-considerations/

OK, I see DVD's and not the ones on the top of the K Horn.

Something Juicy that is to go into "storage".

a 4" roach on the wall [:$] (Maybe not)

Something called "Hole 1000"

A curtain rod sealed for freshness

Some fab four study material.

A dustpan

I found the turntable, he really does have a stereo in there.

A yoga mat.

Still looking for the Shih Tzu...

• Moderators

I'm just shocked to hear you're 6'-4"! I always pictured you as 5'-7", maybe 5'-8" tops.

He is 6' 4", and looks like Grizzly Adams, Ok maby not that hairy, not bad looking in a Sasquatch kind of way. [:o][;)]

Good luck Fini [:D]

Isnt there a TV show about people that cant throw anything away ???

That is funny. Let's do an intervention and get Fini on hoarders.

Here are the instructions (I think he qualifies):

http://www.hoardersdocumentary.com/

HELP FOR COMPULSIVE HOARDERS

Compulsive hoarding is a very serious problem affecting millions of Americans and their friends and families. But little is known about this disorder, and too often hoarders are misunderstood and can’t find the help they need.

A major cable network is casting for a groundbreaking new documentary television series that will help shed much needed light on this complicated and underreported condition.

We will provide free services, such as a mental health support, professional organizers, and professional clean up and/or junk removal services. Each case will be considered on an individual basis, and services will be tailored to fit individual needs. Our professionals all have experience treating this population and are appropriately trained and credentialed.

We are looking for individuals willing to spend 3-5 days sharing their stories on camera. We understand that compulsive hoarding is an extremely emotional and difficult disorder, and it is our hope that by sharing the personal stories of our guests it will help others realize they are not alone.

What we are looking for:

1. 1. Individuals willing to tell their story.
  2. 2. Individuals motivated to change by a crisis caused by hoarding that needs to be addressed immediately.
  3. 3. We need to show how the hoarding has impacted friends and/or loved ones. These individuals will need to appear on camera and share their side of the story.
  4. 4. Non-stereotypical cases

Whatever your crisis, whatever your story, if you or someone you know is suffering from compulsive hoarding, and you would like him or her to be considered for participation on Hoarders, please fill out the form here. The information you provide will be submitted directly to the production team that produces Hoarders. Your information will not be seen by the network unless presented by the production team. By submitting this information, you give the right to use the information below in connection with Hoarders.

You acknowledge that you may not receive a response from this submission. IF YOU BELIEVE THAT THE SITUATION YOU DESCRIBE BELOW REQUIRES URGENT ATTENTION, PLEASE CONTACT AN APPROPRIATE CARE PROVIDER.

If you are chosen to participate you will be required to sign appropriate releases. Please remember that the person suffering from compulsive hoarding must be willing to participate and appear on camera.

For questions please email: hoarders@sfpseattle.com

CLICK HERE TO APPLY

I think Steve Shreffler is THE Klipsch hoarder, although he says he is not a collector or seller of any kind. I delivered a set of Chorus II to him once.

He has quite the collection...

http://www.ss427.com/steve-and-doras-home-theater.htm (opens in new tab or window)

Bruce

There is just something repulsive about is website. [+o(]

Gregg, thinking of you, bro.

Yeah don't panic we are here to help.

Thanks, old friends!

Seti, I'm surprised you didn't offer to take my 23 year old daughter off my hands! [;)]

I like the "I Spy" direction this thread has taken. I should have placed one of the travelling ducks in there!

Gregg, thinking of you, bro.

Yeah don't panic we are here to help.

Thanks, old friends!

Seti, I'm surprised you didn't offer to take my 23 year old daughter off my hands! Wink

I like the "I Spy" direction this thread has taken. I should have placed one of the travelling ducks in there!

Well you know me I didn't want to be inappropriate...

I will gladly trade 12 goats 8 sheep and 6 chickens for your daughter.

• Moderators

Well you know me I didn't want to be inappropriate...

I will gladly trade 12 goats 8 sheep and 6 chickens for your daughter.

Not a bad offer really, at times I would have traded one for much less. [:o][;)]

That's what I call acoustic room treatment! To finish it off, I'd nail her clothes and Uggs to the wall. No deflection anywhere. Next step is to keep her quiet and destroy her digital music files.

Or... Torch it, park across the street, laughing, watching it burn, and discover Klipsch headphones!

Just kidding ofcourse. Share your love!