Hotel Dtel

CECAA850

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There's no way I could show up under those circumstances empty handed.

Carl, come visit me then. Hint Hint....I like KHorns.Big Smile

K-horns wouldn't fit in my little car. A bottle however doesWink.

bring two bottles then...i have four heresy speakers, we'll stack them and pretend they're khorns....but then the cornwalls aren't at all disappointing on their own.

Anytime your a couple thousand miles away from home stop by, and yes if I get lost and end up in California I will be looking you up, and would want to go sneak up on Fini and just knock on his door just to see his face. Surprise

Dude, I can send you an 8X10 glossy! [;)]

Carl, sorry to hear about your Dad. 75 year marriage? WOW!

Even though I've never had the opportunity to visit Elden and Christy, they've both made it clear on multiple occasions that the invitation is open! I hope to take them up on that one of these days, and of course I'd love to have them out here! As Dee (who himself has been such a generous host and good friend to me and my family) said, the Luquets are some of the nicest folks you'd ever want to meet. I love 'em!

BigStew, still just the one fork? Reminds me of the medieval stories where everyone carried their own spoon and of course their eating knife. Give me a shout I have more than I will ever use.

Not for long...my brother is moving in with me on Tuesday. He likes to cook and has a full kitchen. i'm sure the local economy will take a hit, as i spend about $400 per month in fast food going on five years now. I think i'll take the fork and stab the tv if the raiders don't work out their problems quick!

Dude, I can send you an 8X10 glossy! Wink

I could only be so lucky, I doubt the wife could contain herself looking at that pic. Big Smile

Very few have been able to "contain" themselves of Fini's dance of joy in his birthday suit upon Klipsch's announcement of The Console [:o] Rumor has it there is a film available on You Tube. Let's pray it's just a rumor. [:S]

Carl, sorry to hear about you loss. Glad that you were able to take a travel break with Dtels. It's my guess that more Forum members have spent a night at Dtel's than any other home. What Dtel says about the visits is absolutely true, there is something else that binds us other than jus love of music and loudspeakers. Their hospitality is without end and it's always a good, and certainly interesting time. Playing with the big horns is just a bonus. Love you guys!

• Moderators

Michael, I think Carl got off easy! [:o] Although we didn't subject Carl to any life threatening adventures...you know like swimming in a lightening storm off Panama City Beach, FL's coast, or nearly drowning while kayaking, or sliding off an icy road in the Great Smoky Mountains! Then again....we didn't leave the house!!!! Sure do miss you Michael...it was lots of fun!!! [H]

Michael, I'm trying to talk Carl into going on a cruise with us...Carl's daughter, Christina says, "Dad doesn't like his feet to leave the ground!" Looks like we may need some help convincing him! [ip]

Carl's daughter, Christina says, "Dad doesn't like his feet to leave the ground!" Looks like we may need some help convincing him! Paradise

The deck of a cruise ship is pretty much loke standing on solid ground or a building isn't it? Probalby more solid underfoot than the 7th floor of a 7 floor atrium shopping centerf?

Cruise ship's I htink are pretty stable. Not like taking out a small launch to swim with dolphins in the ocean.

Come on, go Carl, you know you want to.

The deck of a cruise ship is pretty much loke standing on solid ground or a building isn't it? Probalby more solid underfoot than the 7th floor of a 7 floor atrium shopping centerf?

Ummm....more like the 17th floor on a couple of the big boys that cruise out of Galveston. It's stunning to see a couple of these moored at the docks on the Strand, as they tower mightily above every building around.

"Huge" is an understatement as when you look at a picture of one of these things without reference it may look "big," but when you note that these things ARE the skyline of the Strand when they are there it really makes an impression. Great to hear them "big ol' horns" too as they slip away down the channel.

Good stuff...really should try it, Carl. Titanic was a LONG time ago and the Captain of the Costa Concordia was a complete idiot. No doubt in my mind that cruise travel is closer to air travel in safety record than it is to being in your own home.

Dave

• Moderators

Carl, it's a conspiracy! She actually "paid" us off!! Ha ha! Not really...it is something that we really enjoy. Like you...I don't like my feet to leave solid ground. In addition, I'm not exactly crazy about water! I never imagined I would feel the way I do about cruising. I still get butterflies when thinking about an upcoming cruise we have planned. We will be cruising on December 9 out of New Orleans...and I assure you I have mild "panic attacks" when I think about it. However, those "attacks" are quickly replaced by thoughts of the beauty of the Caribbean! It is a sight to behold. Dave, we are still hoping you guys make it with us one day soon! As for flying....I don't know that I will overcome that fear!!!