I ain't the sharpest knife but I used to be able

USNRET

to look around a web site and then play phone menu but darned if I can get a live person to answer a sales question at Klipsch. No, not technical support, no I don't want computer speakers, no I do not have warranty issues and YES, I know that I can find product info on your web site. What I want is a human on the line to answer a question about your in-wall speakers (hell, a menu selection for sales would be a start).

BTW, the email I sent didn't get a response either.

Regarding any automated phone system....

How about when you finally get a person on the line, after 30 minutes of effort, you are "somehow" disconnected. Now that is madness...

Don't get me started!!! Spend an hour on the phone with my bank... guy puts me on hold to then transfer me to someone else and I pop back into the regular queue. With all the transfers and glitches, it only took about three hours. [8-)]
Bruce

dem Klipsch dudes and dudettes must be REALLY busy selling stuff 'cause thay have not been in contact about the items I wanted to buy. Wish I had a telephone number to call or one o' them emails messages replied to.

Oh never mind it must be whinning that Klipsch does not publish a telephone number to ask questions and ORDER product.

I needed advice from Klipsch on which in-wall speakers would be the closest surround match up with my Belles. I know that none would match but who else to get the next best recommendation than from Klipsch themselves. Too much to ask for I guess.

Yesterday I did receive some non-committal 'suggestion' but it was tempered with a statement that perhaps the selection might be too expensive so I might make a cheaper choice. HEY, I didn't ask price I asked what the current in-wall surround product is to get close to my Belles since I wanted to stay loyal to the brand.

BTW, the suggestion had an MSRP of 499.99 each and my budget was 2,000.00 for the pair. I have to ask, was the recommendation based on 'match' or some assumed price point? One or two questions asked of me would have been appropriate.

Back to you Dog Face! (humor intended)

I am about to open my long-standing can of worms with marketing again, but maybe NOW that Klipsch is under new ownership, they will actually LISTEN to common sense in the marketing department!

The previous regime has had its marketing head stuck in the sand for a decade while they have almost let the opportunity to familiarize a whole new generation of military people with their best stuff slip through their fingers, during the current conflict, which will be over soon!

They have one last chance, it seems, to get into the marketing ballpark before the game is over! I hope they will take it! Fact is, in this time of belt tightening, nobody will buy a product that does NOT carry with it brand recognition, which Klipsch needs badly whether they realize it or not!

I have some very good, but relatively inexpensive marketing ploys that COULD bring lots of sales for Klipsch if they would only listen to me for once!

I'll give it one last try!

Andy, the ALMOST RETIRED airborne grunt!

• Moderators

I know I have some crazy ideas sometimes, but I can't help it. [:S]

Being you have plenty of budget................I know it's an abnormal idea

To bad it was not in-ceiling speakers you were looking for. If you had enough room in the space above where you wanted in-ceilings you could just use Heritage drivers and crossovers mounted in the ceiling and boxed in from the back, nothing fancy just an enclosure. It wouldn't have to have that big of a bass driver, just enough to maby like 80-100, your bass would come from somewhere else anyway.

To bad the mid horn of the Heresy is to deep for standard wall thickness, because you could make you own in- walls.

• Moderators

I am about to open my long-standing can of worms with marketing again, but maybe NOW that Klipsch is under new ownership, they will actually LISTEN to common sense in the marketing department!

The previous regime has had its marketing head stuck in the sand for a decade while they have almost let the opportunity to familiarize a whole new generation of military people with their best stuff slip through their fingers, during the current conflict, which will be over soon!

They have one last chance, it seems, to get into the marketing ballpark before the game is over! I hope they will take it! Fact is, in this time of belt tightening, nobody will buy a product that does NOT carry with it brand recognition, which Klipsch needs badly whether they realize it or not!

I have some very good, but relatively inexpensive marketing ploys that COULD bring lots of sales for Klipsch if they would only listen to me for once!

Hi Andy,

I've been with the marketing department since 2004, and I'm sorry, but I don't think I've ever heard one of your ideas! Can you send them directly to me? And while we are under new ownership, the daily operations of Klipsch have not changed, and the marketing department that was before is still in tact.

All that said, resources are tight, but we do what we can.

Hi Andy,

I've been with the marketing department since 2004, and I'm sorry, but I don't think I've ever heard one of your ideas! Can you send them directly to me? And while we are under new ownership, the daily operations of Klipsch have not changed, and the marketing department that was before is still in tact.

All that said, resources are tight, but we do what we can.

burn.

Hey USNRET...I saw that you didn't have the e-mail to send to Amy because it was sent through the site e-mail button...so...

Since I have had experience with joint-service task forces and helping out an old swab kinda falls under that...sorta...here is what I always do when sending an e-mail or making a post or whatever...

I open up a blank word document, then after I finish the body of the e-mail or posting or whatever, I copy and paste it into the word document, then downsize the word document and hit send on the e-mail or post...that way if I need it again later on for reasons like the post not showing up, or the e-mail not getting where it needs to go, I can just copy and paste from the word document back to blank post or another blank e-mail and don't have to type it all again.

It works for me pretty well, especially since I am such a lazy-arsed guy to begin with!

But, you probably already knew this and were just checking to see if I was one of those old airborne Army grunts who carries on the old-fashioned inter-service rivalry thing or not, right?

Andy

Nice idea And...IF I were not so lazy and un-organized. I wouldn't be able to find the Word .doc

For suggesting I do more work when in reality the company I sent it to should be contacting ME to make a sale I will suggest that YOU, my friend, go jump outta a perfectly good airplane.