HARBOR FREIGHT TOOLS

Gilbert

so I take it we don't think much of the quality of their tools? I was going to take a drive down and do a walk about....but if the quality is that bad...maybe I'll save the gas.

so I take it we don't think much of the quality of their tools? I was going to take a drive down and do a walk about....but if the quality is that bad...maybe I'll save the gas.

Cheaper than you could imagine. Some things are at least usable but not much in the way of quality. I'll buy things like rope or casters there, but normally not tools. It's fun to look around though, you should go.

Farcical indeed. Every year close to $1 BILLION is spent on glucosamine/chondroitin concoctions - just in America - and there is not once ounce of real scientific evidence supporting the wondrous outcomes professed by its purveyors. I do wish every product produced in Commie China was prominently labeled. There are major outlets selling some really lousy stuff. I bought a smoker cover for my smoker and during the 1st winter hard freeze it literally fell into a pile of plastic chips and blew away. Guess it doesn't freeze in China. Love the truth in advertising theme.

Is there someone that don't know what Harbor Freight is for? You don't go there to buy adjustable wrenches etc.. You go there for the items they sell that are decent quality or disposable items like a box of paint brushes for things besides painting. Maybe an air hose reel , or cheap knee pads, or $1.99 oil drain pan, or $2.99 digital test meter I had for 7 years still works etc...75% cheap goods, 25% stuff I would use, and a good value on sale.

Is there someone that don't know what Harbor Freight is for? You don't go there to buy adjustable wrenches etc.. You go there for the items they sell that are decent quality or disposable items like a box of paint brushes for things besides painting. Maybe an air hose reel , or cheap knee pads, or $1.99 oil drain pan, or $2.99 digital test meter I had for 7 years still works etc...75% cheap goods, 25% stuff I would use, and a good value on sale.

25%!! Nah, it's not that high, but there is some useful crap there, just don't buy the tools. That Buffalo brand is pure crapola, I've busted my knuckles using that garbage when I was a kid, because I couldn't afford good tools. Good place to buy a box of rags, a shyti rope or some made in Pakistan dental picks.

Thanks for the laugh! Big Smile

Your quite welcome.... When I read the email I laughed so hard it brought tears to my eyes.

There's a place called "Wholesale Tool", they have a location in Tulsa, they're primarily a catalog order store, great place for die grinder accessories, micrometers and lots of others stuff as well, but they sell some cheap crap too. There one of my all time favorite stores for tool box goodies.

Fantastic deals if you need, say, a disposable grinder for $7. For a small job, purchase 3 or 4...

I purchased a rotary hammer for around $50 about 10 years ago for a job that I had to drill 10 holes and didn't want to drive back to the shop (80 miles) to get the Bosch. It made it through the drilling and was still working but I intentionally left it for the customer to find so I wouldn't be tempted to think it might possibly make it through another job because it was a real POS, but I never forgot the Bosch again.

25%!! Nah, it's not that high, but there is some useful crap there, just don't buy the tools. That Buffalo brand is pure crapola, I've busted my knuckles using that garbage when I was a kid, because I couldn't afford good tools. Good place to buy a box of rags, a shyti rope or some made in Pakistan dental picks.

I'll stick with my 25% but totally agree that's not the place to buy electric tools and the like. They also sell a lot of crap, so do a lot of other companies. I don't think I've ever known any contractor buying drills, skilsaw etc.. there. Need ramps to load your 4 wheeler, a dolly for cheap( had mine 10 years, like new, unlike the high fashion one I sold in a yard sale cause the tires always went flat).I could name hundreds of items that are just as good as any run of the mill. We all agree that paying 5 times more will get a better item usually. I don't really want to defend them, I know it's always more fun to pile on but I'm weird.

Yes most of it is garbage but sometimes, kinda like above, you need a "tool" for a small job and it is a lot easier to use their PO* for one or two things and often it is less expensive too. Some of the stuff is OK, I need a tach to measure some shaft RPM, they had a no contact laser tach (seen on line for $15 plus shipping from the tool con artists online) and they had one for $30 out the door. It did work just fine and it still is working with no issues at all, infact other than being slightly odd shapped to hold, it is a fair to middlin tool.

Wrenches, sockets, welders etc...... buyer beware.