Man cave getting some big screen...

mustang guy

Today all of my equipment except the HDMI cord arrived for the projection screen in the mancave. I bought the Epson 5020UB projector, and a DA-LITE Perm Wall 133" diag with the High Contrast Cinema Vision screen, part number 90286, Peerless PRG-UNV mount with 10' drop conduit. I will be mounting the screen and getting started on the ceiling mount tomorrow. I will take some pictures as I go so I can post them. Wish me luck. The ridge height where I am mounting the top of the drop pole is 22' high, and I am afraid of heights. In the picture, the yellow thing is the projector. It is 12' above the floor.

post-49931-1381982587306_thumb.jpg

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is a huge job but well worth it. My best advise is take your time set up the screen first put the projector on something and watch a few movies to see how you like it from that distance. (ps. congrats).

Sage advice. I have a forklift with a manbasket I can set the projector on. The intended position is about 19' from the screen, with the projector level with the top of the screen. This should provide great gain, as the bottom of the screen is about level with the eye, except the seating is a couple feet farther back..

Congrats! That is a huge room. I can't wait to see some pictures.

The screen is up, and though I haven't mounted the projector, I have played a Blu-Ray for a few minutes, and it looks great! I don't think it will do so well when my curtains aren't pulled, so I will find a way to integrate the 55" TV into the shop. That's gonna be a challenge if I want to use the LaScala system for sound, as there isn't a place in the center for it. Perhaps I can figure out a way to have it drop down behind the center speaker and subs when using the big screen.

I have plenty of pictures, but my camera is at the shop. I will get those posted tomorrow.

The screen is pretty washed out without the curtains drawn and lights off. It is because of that I will have to find a way to integrate the old TV for most of the time. I think I may build a pallet TV stand, and use my forklift to remove the TV and set it back up. The LaScala will be the base. I hope and pray I don't stab it with a forklift fork.