New Klipsch owner checking in

JeremyM

Hi everyone. Youthman steered me over here so I thought I would post a little about my setup.

First off I demoed a set of RF-82II's a few months ago, now I would have loved to been able to purchase them. But that price point was just a touch out of my reach. Not to be discouraged, I turned to looking for a used set. As luck would have it, I found a set of RF-35's about an hour away from me for a great price. They are in good shape but the laminate on the top corners is wrinkled a little bit.

After snatching those up, the search was on for a matching center. Browsing E-bay netted me a RB-35 for $100. The catch was the missing grill. Which really doesn't bother me, as I love the look of those copper woofers.

Right now my surrounds are my previous Infinity RS-3's. But I'm on the lookout for that perfect deal on a set of RS-42's.

Driving it all is a Pioneer 1020k currently, with plans to upgrade later on. Video is handled by my trusty PS3, and my "little" big screen Mitsubishi 73" DLP. And a few gaming duties handled by the X-box Kinect. Also running a couple Aura BassShakers in the couch. Did I mention this is in my apartment? Currently working towards purchasing my first home next year. And my wife and I both agree that a dedicated theater is a high priority.

Anyway, here is some pics for everybody

Posted Image

Posted Image

The wrinkles in the RF's

Posted Image

And what do I think of my new Klipsch? I am not a big 2 channel guy, however, I spent the first week of owning these listening to music. I have heard things that I never have before in songs that I've listened too at least a hundred times. My old music has become new, my favorite movies are different. The clarity, vibrance, and how bright they are is absolutely amazing.

My name is Jeremy, and I'm a Klipsch addict.

Hi everyone. Youthman steered me over here so I thought I would post a little about my setup.

Welcome Jeremy! Nice pictures and set up, especially in an apartment[:o]

This is a great community but be careful when you ask us to help spend YOUR money.

By the way, who the heck is Youthman?[*-)]

• Moderators

Good to see you in the Klipsch forums Jeremy. I told you these guys were "enablers". We have no problem helping other people spend their money. [:D]

Just an FYI, the forums will crop your images if they are too wide. Try to keep them around 700 pixels wide and they will fit nicely.

I think the RB-35 center is a great idea. Looks sweet with all those copper cones.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! I am fully prepared for the upgrade bug!

This was my system back in March:

Posted Image

It seems to be growing!

Once again, thank you guys for the warm welcome. I don't have much time tonight, but I'll be on later in the week.

• Moderators

Youthman is off his game....I missed a sweet deal last night because my Craigslist app notified me 5hrs after the guy posted. Pair of B&W floorstanding speakers for $150 and a Krell 300i (200 x 2) amp for $300. Said they sold within the hour. [:(]

You gotta be quick on the draw for those really sweet deals but they are definitely out there to help you build your dream system on the cheap.

• Moderators

AND speaking about himself in the third person! Big Smile

It's that split personality talking. [:P]

Sorry you missed the B&Ws and Krell. That means you'll score a different deal down the road.

No doubt....I just added another "tool" to my arsenal. On the hunt....