Economical shipping?

Buddy Shagmore

I'm not sure about cost but you may look into freight shipping the speakers can be boxed then strapped to a pallet with freight shipping you have a better chance of recurring them undamaged.used ups to ship corn lll one was pretty much destroyed with ups they will be loaded and unloaded several times depending on distance my corn lll looked like they had been flipped end for end several to the point both midrange drivers were broke from horn cabinets were crashed on corners one had a 4 inch crack in side of cabinet they were boxed in klipsch original boxes if you use ups make sure they are boxed real secure and by all means get the insurance best of luck Stacy

I'm not sure about cost but you may look into freight shipping the speakers can be boxed then strapped to a pallet with freight shipping you have a better chance of recurring them undamaged.used ups to ship corn lll one was pretty much destroyed with ups they will be loaded and unloaded several times depending on distance my corn lll looked like they had been flipped end for end several to the point both midrange drivers were broke from horn cabinets were crashed on corners one had a 4 inch crack in side of cabinet they were boxed in klipsch original boxes if you use ups make sure they are boxed real secure and by all means get the insurance best of luck Stacy

I just sent 455 lbs of speakers that way yesterday. Craters and Freighters (YRC freight in this instance).

There's a company named Forward Air. I've used them to ship heavy items. The only hassle is they don't deliver, you have to pick up at the station (usually near the local airport), the sender would have to drop it off at the local station (usually near the local airport). The items would have to be strapped to a palet. The price is pretty cheap though. If I remember correctly, the price is approximately $60-65 per 100lbs.

For example, I shipped a car engine with a bunch of other parts strapped to a palet from Portland, OR to Canton, OH. The total came out to $210 with insurance coverage for $3500.

Josh has given me fair quotes before on some Belles and RF-83s; the deals fell thru so I have not actually used him. A quote is free!

Below is a copy of his email to me

I
am looking for shipments to move. Please let me know what you need moved this
week.

Here
is what I would like to have to do a proper quote:

·
Origin City, State and/or zip code –

o
Is this a business with a dock or forklift?

o
If no, is it a residential location?

o
Does it need a lift gate?

·
Destination City, State and/or zip code –

o
Is this a business with a dock or forklift?

o
If no, is it a residential location?

o
Does it need a lift gate?

·
Commodity –

·
Is the commodity Hazardous?

o
IF so please provide the following;

UN# -

Packing Group -

Hazard Class -

Emergency Contact -

MSDS

·
Commodity value –

·
Packaging type –

·
Piece count –

·
Piece dimensions –

·
Piece weight –

·
Shipment frequency –

·
Target shipping cost (optional but helpful)-

·
Next pick up date –

Joshua P. Collichio

Senior Account Manager

FREIGHTQUOTE.COM

16025 West 113th Street

Lenexa, Kansas 66219

P- 800.323.5441 X-1704

F- 913.319.0745

E- jcollichio@freightquote.com

www.freightquote.com

For immediate assistance contact:

Matt Kelley x-1820

E- mkelley@freightquote.com

Senior Logistics Representative

Liz Raven X-1648

E- lraven@freightquote.com

Account Coordinator

Teressa McCaughey X-1745

E- tmccaughey@freightquote.com

Account Coordinator

I just sent 455 lbs of speakers that way yesterday. Craters and Freighters (YRC freight in this instance).

CECAA850, did craters and freighters pack the items after drop off, or did you pack them first? trying to get some 402's shipped and at a hundred pounds a pair.. the quotes I have received are a little high...

I shrink wrapped averything and strapped it to a pallet here at the house. It took 4 of us to pick it up and put it in the bed of a pick up. I then had to deliver it to the freight co (10 minutes from home). They'll pick up but it's an added expense.

Forwardair would most likely have been cheaper but the closest depot to me was about an hour and a half and about a 2 hour trip, one way, for the recipient.

post-15193-13819828585836_thumb.jpg

Thanks CECAA850, Great packing job, and Thanks for the info! seeing your build threads, I wonder what you were shipping???

I was shipping a pair of KP-250's and a pair of bass bins I built to go with them. The box contained the casters, bolts and speaker wiring harness I had made for the combo.

You might also investigate U-ship

http://www.uship.com/

When I bought my two MWM single cabinets, I tried it. I bought them for $250 total so I didn't have much to lose. As it turned out I was very lucky. Found a guy who was a piano mover who lived near the speakers AND had family near me. His father was in failing health so he made the trip from Orlando Florida to East Tennessee every 2-3 weeks so I was essentially right on his way.

I paid $250 to have them moved.

Given his specific background as a piano mover, they were very well taken care of.