music recommendation based off of Etta James

The Dude

I don't what ever inspired me to start a Soul/motown radio station on Pandora. But as I listen there are several artist that I have learned to enjoy. Such as Etta James, Ray Charles, James Brown, Otis Redding. I was going to try and make it to a record store this early afternoon as I go downtown. Anything I should look for, I know when I usually go down to one store they are usually out of a lot of those artist so maybe I will just get what ever. But is there some other artist I should look for. I should say I am really starting to like power full vocals and power full horns, such as trumpets and trombones.

I don't what ever inspired me to start a Soul/motown radio station on Pandora. But as I listen there are several artist that I have learned to enjoy. Such as Etta James, Ray Charles, James Brown, Otis Redding.

There is just something about the old Motown stuff that sure sounds great and makes you feel great. Just have fun looking for records and see what you find. It sound like it will be a fun day to pickup some vitage recordings and have a afternoon of good listening.

BUY THIS RECORD NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Irma Thomas Live! Simply The Best.Recorded live at Slim's in San Francisco with her backing band The Professionals. One of the best live recordings in my collection, showcasing one of the greatest American singers I know of.Listen to Time is on My Side & see why the Stones covered it. You Can Have my Husband, Oh Me Oh My, I Needed Somebody, Hittin' On Nothin'. This record is full of gems. I have seen Irma a bunch of times and gladly pay to see her everytime she comes to NYC.

Simply the Best Live

BUY THIS RECORD NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Irma Thomas Live! Simply The Best.Recorded live at Slim's in San Francisco with her backing band The Professionals. One of the best live recordings in my collection, showcasing one of the greatest American singers I know of.Listen to Time is on My Side & see why the Stones covered it. You Can Have my Husband, Oh Me Oh My, I Needed Somebody, Hittin' On Nothin'. This record is full of gems. I have seen Irma a bunch of times and gladly pay to see her everytime she comes to NYC.

Simply the Best Live

Stephen, do you have a vinyl source for this? All I can find are cd's.