Mikey's Home Theater Construction mode.

MichaelandKlipsch

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

What an extremely classy setup you have Michael. You have put a lot of thought and effort into your room. Looks fantastic and I bet will sound incredible once you have everything setup.

So what is the timeline? When will you have it all setup and be able to calibrate it?

Thanks youthman, you know I value your opinion my guess is if the 4 surrounds come this week I can mount all of those next weekend and do the audio room correction calibrations then it's really just cause medics up and down the hallway into the theater but the room itself will be done so I'm assuming 2 weekends I can watch a movie :))

I was going for a nice clean cut look which I got from your room all the wires behind walls everything in its place I like how your room is painted as well I might eventually do some nice dark coats in the room but for now I'm almost done my other hobby a saltwater aquarium so it's time to start delving into that

Great looking setup and I dig how you used the angled ceiling in that room .

The living room on the second floor. Resting place of My Pioneer Elite 60" Pro 151. Still love this TV. Possibly adding 2 Klipsch RF-7iis over the holidays here.

I gotta ask , since it's late February what holiday are you aiming for ? :)

Looks great I'm sure you are looking forward to having it all connected. One recommendation for when your done and ready to start the final calibrating be sure to get an SPL meter if you already haven't.

Run your room calibration system and then go back and make a few manual settings. Make sure to use the correct mike positions and at ear level on a tripod or boom and be sure to use every position for calibrating.

After running the room correction manually make these changes first check and reset if needed all speaker crossover settings, your speakers should be set to small and with your THX setup all crossovers set to 80hz. Then using the SPL meter at the prime seating middle position at ear level on the tripod or boom again, manually reset speaker levels. Normally start with the center channel and then match all other speaker levels to the center.

This is just some quick basics but proper calibration really makes a nice difference. [:)]

• Moderators

I'm assuming 2 weekends I can watch a movie :))

Sweet! 2 weeks cannot get here fast enough huh? Ah but it will be worth the wait and all the effort you have put into your room. I definitely don't think your front speakers are too high as they really aren't very high to begin with. I think you are going to love the setup.

It was an eBay auction youth. They made these a while ago and were available from the Dolby store (thats where I bought my light up Dolby sign) but I dont think they sell them anymore. Once and a while these pop up on eBay usually around 45-50 dollars for this one. One of those would look nice in your room with the Red walls. They have a matching DTS sign for it as well.

It may be overkill for a 23x11x10 foot room but man it feels

I know what you mean! My room is the exact same size as yours except mine is 23 long and 12 wide with 10 foot ceilings. So I have three rows of seating three seats wide. I am running three subs that total five 15" woofers. The bass is insane. I can now turn it down and have the smoothest, chest pounding bass I have ever heard in a theater room. It has amazing impact. I'm sure your four KW-120s have a little more punch than my three subs but I can't be too far off so I know what you're feeling in there! Your room looks awesome btw, great job!