Mikey's Home Theater Construction mode.

MichaelandKlipsch

4 more photos and im done for the evening i promise just like the feedback from everyone. next up is the now painted black theater ceiling. See how the THX KL-650s fade away in the backdrop. Thinking of doing a stone wall eventually but not until the screen is mounted and the automated/motorized curtain is installed.

will post photos of completion of mounted screen tomorrow evening.

post-54550-13819832349964_thumb.jpg

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No sir, The garage is the entire first floor (soon to be mostly living space. The second floor is the main floor of the home. The 3 floor consists of laundry room 4 bedrooms bathrooms etc. but most importantly the entrance way (staircase) to the theater room. The 4th floor of the home is a single room (dedicated theater room 23x12x10. Hard to picture it from the photos. Thanks for the comments guys. Let me know what you think for floor standers in the living room. Would love to get them after the summer.

Also forgot to post this. The name of my fiance's Restaurant is Zen Asian Fusion and Lounge. Feel free to stop by Charleston members.

I just looked at your web site... Looks very nice. My wife is from the Philippines, so we are always checking out asian restos. If we make it down that way, we'll be sure to stop in.

Bruce

• Moderators

Absolute gorgeous home Michael! And for what it's worth, I love how your black ceiling turned out. It will really open up that room and make it "feel" much larger than what it is. The front speakers blend in so nicely with them. You are going to have one sick setup when you are finished.

As far as speakers for the other rooms, why not try some of each. Maybe RF-7ii on one floor and some form of Heritage on another.

In the vast Klipsch speakers that I have owned, I have thoroughly enjoyed all of them from KLF-30's to Chorus II's, to Forte II's to RF-7's to RF-83's....they all sound different but all of them sounded great too.

The name of my fiance's Restaurant is Zen Asian Fusion and Lounge. Feel free to stop by Charleston members.

What !!!

I love that place , best sushi in Charleston ! I work at Magnolias in downtown Charleston and used to recommend Wasabi until Zen opened up . I tell all my customers looking for sushi that Zen is worth the trip from downtown . Some very elaborate presentations going on there although I'm kinda fond of the simple Godzilla Roll myself . Tell your fiancee congrats on a wonderful place from me .

Anyway , beautiful home you have there looks like one of my friends old home in Stono Ferry . Enjoy !

Awesome gotta come up soon and we can talk home theater :)

Youth - thinking hard on a pait of rf 7iis since they are narrow etc they may fit better in the living room... But always wanted a pair of khorns they would fit in in the garage once its finished ? Wish I kept my 83s lol but the wife said nothing black so a pair of cherry or maple would be sweet.

Michael, if you want to hear the best sounding all Heritage system in Charleston (probably in South Carolina and beyond) go check out Sunburnwilly's. He's practically your neighbor.

On another note, before you finish off under your house you need to do some homework. It is very doubtful (impossible in fact) that you'll be able to get a permit because that area is below flood. Trust me on this, I deal with it every day in the HVAC business. Now you can do the work yourself and not pull a permit but (1) if they catch you they will burn you a new one and (2) when you go to sell the house you will have a problem. #2 might not matter to you and that's fine but just know there's more to consider when finishing off spaces that are below flood, especially in this town.

Finally got the room all together and everything cleaned up. the screen is absolutely gigantic. Feels like a mini Imax in there. Screen fits like a glove and stretches from the Left to Right speaker perfectly with about 1 clearance on the top and bottom from the ceiling to subs so about 2 feet off the floor. Youth your correct. At first it made the room feel awkward with the black ceiling but I have gotten used to it quickly and with the huge screen it does open up the room. feels extremely big in there now like when you are at the movies and you walk across the front row looking for your family after they sent you on popcorn and candy patrol. When you stand at the bottom looking up at the stadium seating it feels huge in there. Has the same feeling in my theater now. Glad I took your advice Youth/RH. Was a busy but productive weekend. Was half glad to come to work so I can relax a little. Sunburn- Would love to hear those Heritage Klipschs. Maybe you could post a few photos of them. Always nice to see photos of people speaks while at work heh.

Sunburn- Would love to hear those Heritage Klipschs. Maybe you could post a few photos of them.

Here's a pic of the front 3 Belles , 2 Chorus II's and sub that I took last May when I just acquired the Chorus II's to use as a separate 2 channel rig . 2 more Belles in back for surround duty . Oh yeah , the blind on the right has been fixed . ;)

Posted Image