Mikey's Home Theater Construction mode.

MichaelandKlipsch

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Final pic of the evening sorry for all the photos but wanted to give a good representation of the last 1.5 months work. almost done a little more photos in 2 weeks and i wont post any more. Good night Klipsch family.

Why would you stop posting pics? I still have plenty of paper towels left to wipe the drool off of the floor when my jaw hits it, repeatedly :) Well done, sir.

We know who's been scooping up the DVD's when the Blockbuster stores go out of business. Stick out tongue

The one by me just posted its "going out of business, sale" sign. I resist temptation from stopping in as I find myself streaming more and more these days, and only buying blu rays that I think are great. When I hit 600 dvd's I stopped counting, when I realized I haven't watched most of these more than once I was sad. 40-50, I've never seen and are still wrapped. The newly self imposed buying rules started over a year ago.

Actually to be honest I try not to buy movies anymore. Only Blurays of something I really want. The last one I bought was the dark knight rises but I plan to pick up Skyfall, Argo and Lincoln, and on the waterfront this month. Looking into getting (2) 4TB hard drives and rip all the dvds and put them on the drive. Then going to sell all the hard copies and just keep the blurays. Dont have time to watch all those darn movies and definitely stream a lot via the apple tvs now. Still want to keep my library of movies just rather have them in 2 hard drives and save the space. This technology becomes so outdated so quickly now blurays will be obsolete when 4k blurays are out then I have read about hvd discs Holographic Video Disks on the horizon. Heres to hoping we will have a holodeck to enjoy things in one day like on star trek LOL.

• 1 month later...

Thanks man. Indeed did a lot of work and came out nicely. Just painted the ceiling black and added a 115 cinescope 2:35 screen + JVCRS45 Projector. Doing the finishing touch install over the weekend and next week and will post some more photos. Ordered an Automated curtain for the screen. Got a lot of advice along the way from both Youthman and Refrence head. Big thanks to both those guys. Thanks for the comment.