I'm Wearing Her Down!!!......I forsee a 2ch living room setup in Youthman's living room.

Youthman

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We have several Ashley furniture retail stores in our area(well about 45 mins away). But there is a local retail that sells them, we have furnished our whole house from them. I have never had a complaint with their furniture. We purchased a lot of it about 8-10 years ago, unless they have gone down hill I think they make a good quality piece. Then again I don't know how rough your family and friends are with furniture, and we don't let the dogs on them as well. The local sells rep says she has their leather line with dogs and don't have many problems. I think their life time warranty pertains to the frame not the fabric, but we paid extra for the scotch guard protection as well.

• Moderators

She already said you can move the speakers in there, she can't go back on it now! =^P

Oh I can move them in the living room, I just can't buy a receiver, bluray player, entertainment center etc to be able to enjoy them. [;)]

we have furnished our whole house from them.
I have never had a complaint with their furniture.

That's good to know.

Then again I don't know how rough your family and friends are with furniture

Although
my youngest 3 are 6, 10 and 12, they aren't bad with our furniture.
The furniture in their room is a different story altogether. LOL.

No
pets so that's not a problem and will never be one. I tell them all
the time, when they decide to move out on their own, they can buy all
the dogs they want but I have enough responsibility raising 4 children, I
don't need a pet to add to my responsibilities.

I think their life time warranty pertains to the frame
not the fabric, but we paid extra for the scotch guard protection as
well.

They told me at the store today, the lifetime covers
anything, rips, tears, fading etc. From what I can see online, this
simply is not true.

• Moderators

He needs a place to sleep first.Stick out tongue

Actually in 16 years of marriage, I have only slept on the couch once and that was by choice. Believe I had kidney stone pain that night and didn't want to keep her up all night.

Bill, thx for the links. One of them links to the Klipsch forum.

Bill, thx for the links. One of them links to the Klipsch forum.

Your welcome and the first link is fixed.

Some quality brands to consider are Broyhill and Thomasville and of course Ethan Allen but you will pay more $$$.

Bill

Actually in 16 years of marriage, I have only slept on the couch once and that was by choice. Believe I had kidney stone pain that night and didn't want to keep her up all night.

Happy to hear that. [Y]

I got my sectional from a CL ad. She had bought it new while in the process of moving / selling her home. She stored it for 4 months and realized it was too big for her new home. She was past her return period and made me a great deal.

Good luck with your search.....

• Moderators

Thx Bill and Stevo. I'll check CL for those brands to see if anything pops up. I've just been searching for "Leather" on CL and narrowing the search to $1000 - $2500. I figure starting at $1000 will help weed out a lot of the garbage. Then again, I could be missing out on a really sweet deal on a set.

• Moderators

Well, after a few weeks of looking on CL, I took the wife out tonight with cash in hand. I tried some of Dave Ramsey's techniques (show sales associate that you have cash in hand, awkward silence (I did that and she lowered the price $50 and gave me the 5 year Warranty Free without me even asking), and the "Since you can't do this, I would need you to do this to seal the deal."

It worked. Ended up with 25% off, an extra $50 off, Free 5 Year Extended Warranty and Free Delivery. Definitely fit within a very modest budget we had set aside especially after deducting the amount we received from selling our other furniture. For what we paid for it, even if it did only last a few years, we will have gotten our money's worth from it.

They will deliver the Sofa & Love Seat next Saturday. Just gotta buy a small entertainment center, coffee table, end tables and lamps and then I can begin looking for a receiver and bluray player for the 2ch setup.

Progress

leathercouch.jpg