I'm Wearing Her Down!!!......I forsee a 2ch living room setup in Youthman's living room.

Youthman

• Moderators

I read a lot of reviews on how musical they were and how much smoother they were than the reference series for music.

I'll have to do some research myself as I know nothing about them. I guess I hesitate when Best Buy is selling them. Maybe that's a wrong assumption but I figure it has something to say about the quality.

I love them and you'll be very surprised at how much bass three 5.25 inch woofers can make.

They probably would be sufficient for the living room setup but I know my brain still goes back to the B&W DM 604 S2's. They are sexy, elegant and sound fantastic.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I can't believe I am going to say this but If I were you I would keep it small, but nice sounding.

What do you mean by keep it small? You talking bookshelves or just smaller speakers? If so, what are you thinking?

Rememeber, he's got some MWM's in his living room.... small (to him) might mean a pair of KP-600's... Now that I think about them... they do have a nice grill on the front to hide behind!

[:^)]

• Moderators

That's funny coyotee! [:)d]

Wow the forum isn't Mac friendly. Have to manually type in HTML code for emoticons and to bold text and stuff. C'mon Klipsch...can we please update to a more updated forum? And one that is easier to upload pics too? lol

Best buy sells the icon series not the icon w series. I think magnolia sold the w series one since they retailed 1500$ because of the finish. Now I don't think they are worth 1500 but are worth every penny of 600 to me. For a new speaker that is. Newegg is the only place to buy them from now. The bass signature on them is tighter than my rf-62's. more similarly behaved like my rf-63's with an amp running them. But I think the reason them being tighter is the smaller woofers. I took a pair of wf-34's with me to a high end audio shop and compared them to paradigm studio 60's and the guy was really surprised at how well they sounded. He said he might start looking at klipsch again cause he thought the only good thing they ever made was the khorn

Those Fortes are very clean, I'm sure they will sound great but don't talk yourself into only using Klipsch. The Fortes can be modified easily to really shine but it sounds like the B&Ws left quite an impression on you, nothing wrong with that at all either.

st curious how you think the Icon might sound compared to the RF-5, Forte II or the B&W DM 604 S2?

I can't comment on the other speakers but, the VF 36 has a nice low end. The three bass/midrange driver are similar to the 63 and 83's in that respect. Easy placemet due to front port and great off axis response due to the flower style horn. Here is a pic of the VF 36 next to the RF 7. They go for around $150- $300 a pair. The exterior finish is very nice. I missed the VF 36's and would buy them again.

• Moderators

I can't believe I am going to say this but If I were you I would keep it small, but nice sounding.

What do you mean by keep it small? You talking bookshelves or just smaller speakers? If so, what are you thinking?

Rememeber, he's got some MWM's in his living room.... small (to him) might mean a pair of KP-600's... Now that I think about them... they do have a nice grill on the front to hide behind!

Huh?

That's funny, but no I really was thinking "not big", but I do consider fortes not big, barely medium size really.

BUT I DO NOT have a dedicated room like Youthman or I "might" have reasonable speakers in the living room.

Coytee shouldn't really talk he has enough PRO speakers for a band to set up and play and fill an auditorium easily. but they are cool [:$]

Never had anything in particular in mind really, see what pops up, you have been lucky.

Think about where you would put them and get a rough measurement of what size would look best in that space and go from there trying to match that with what models would sound good.

Whatever you decide make it simple to operate for everyone, that way they will tend to listen to more music in that part of the house.

If you have wireless in the house have something they can just turn on and it plays like Pandora or other internet radio stations, the main goal is to get the music playing. YesMusic

I know that the squeezebox touches are discontinued but you do a pretty good job locating things on the inter web. I absolutely love mine, I have all my music in a lossless format that streams from my computer to the touch using an iPad. Making playlists on the fly is pretty cool, and the sound is great.

Very nice house , by the way.

Mark

I'm a die hard klipsch fantastic but id lean towards the b&ws I love front ported speakers!! The b&ws I had were extremely musical paired with an older mcintosh amp.

Im in a similar dilemma. Looking at la scallas, klipschorns or back to b&w for a 2 ch setup this summer. Wonder what the newer models sound like.

• Moderators

If I have time, I might setup the Forte II's into the Living Room to see how they look and sound.

Well they do go down to 32 hz and very convenient that you have them already.

• Moderators

Thanks guys. We were busy most of the weekend so I didn't have a chance to bring the Forte into the living room. I'll probably put them in the original packaging and store them in my garage until we buy furniture for the living room. I have to do a few design projects to pay for the living room set before I can begin to worry about the 2ch setup. Just saying....it's coming soon. [:D]