How to Get The Most Out of Your Stereo

thebes

• 4 years later...
  • Moderators

Oh, well that explains it, now that make sense I didn't catch what was going on, I was thinking it was different people, two separate people.

I had no idea, and she is 78 now. 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, babadono said:

God made another mistake.

I like to think of it as nothing's perfect, but you might be onto something with the mistake thing. Just look at the news these days, there is no shortage of crazy, new standards have been set, and will probably be broken again before long.

• Like 1

I thought God was perfect, never made mistakes!  Otherwise Wendy Carlos is the greatest synthesist we have heard in the last 50 years when she broke ground with Switched-on Bach in 1968. I think after double platinum it is now the best selling classical album of all time. Still selling in good numbers! The artistry of playing (and thats with over 40 layered tracks on an old Ampex 8 track recorder) and quality of the recording (also the first to use the new at the time Dolby system) , well it's high time some of you who haven't heard it to give it a try. It sounds fantastic on any Klipsch Heritage ( I can vouch hearing S-OB on Heresy's, Cornwall's, and Khorns).  I'm positive it would sound great on LaScalas and Belles also. BTW, in her studio in NYC, Wendy had 4 Cornwalls hanging by chains from her ceiling 6 1/2 feet off the ground and angled to a point in the center of her room where her seat to the Moog was. Also the whole room was a Faraday cage to keep out unwanted gremlins.

Steve

• Like 2

• Moderators

That is cool, I had no idea of any of the story, I did read about her earlier when I first found this and was quite surprised at the story.

This thread is over 4 years old, and I had no idea. 

• Like 2