Surprise Klipsch speaker

Shodrewken

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So my brother in-law called me up last night saying he bid on one of those auction storage places and won a container.

So now the big question is, what did your brother in law pay for the storage unit? Any other lost treasures discovered in there? Ok, 2 questions..... [:)]

So my brother in-law called me up last night saying he bid on one of those auction storage places and won a container.

So now the big question is, what did your brother in law pay for the storage unit? Any other lost treasures discovered in there? Ok, 2 questions..... Smile

He spent $3K on the unit. It had a table saw, lots of tools, two flat screen tv's, the sub, and a couple of big fancy looking rugs for the main cool things. Then lots of misc. items.

Please excuse my ignorance. I don't watch "Storage Wars," so I don't know how these things work.

Did your brother-in-law know the contents prior to bidding? I certainly hope so. That's a lot of money to pay for what could be a locked storage unit full of dirty laundry, or worse.

In any case, its a great score for you on the speaker and the bother-in-law.

At 3k I hope he is able to make a profit on it

Sorry I was typing on my iPhone, he spent 2K on the unit. And he's already made his money back on the two rugs that were in there, then I guess he's got some other deals going on wih the tools that were there also.

Sorry I was typing on my iPhone, he spent 2K on the unit. And he's already made his money back on the two rugs that were in there, then I guess he's got some other deals going on wih the tools that were there also.

Good for him. Sounds like a win/win for you both. Great story.

Please excuse my ignorance. I don't watch "Storage Wars," so I don't know how these things work.

Did your brother-in-law know the contents prior to bidding? I certainly hope so. That's a lot of money to pay for what could be a locked storage unit full of dirty laundry, or worse.

In any case, its a great score for you on the speaker and the bother-in-law.

Not quite sure how the bidding went down. From what I gathered they are allowed to look on the outside, but not go in the unit. I guess the rsw-15 wasn't even visible. It was the tools and the rugs that he was after. He deals a lot with antique items, buys and sells, and I guess he regonized the what the rugs were. And there were some pretty nice tools in there as well.

Good for him. Sounds like a win/win for you both. Great story.

Thanks man, it certainly was a most pleasant surprise.

• Moderators

That's fantastic. Yeah you have to be able to see the potential value to succeed at those things. I've heard of them selling usually around $500. Maybe that's in Florida when there is mostly junk in them. Lol

Definitely would throw him a thank you of some form. That was extremely nice of him.

The bigger question is who leaves an Rsw-15 in a storage unit and let's it go

• Moderators

I guess it's apparent how much I enjoy mine considering I just traded my Velodyne HGS15 and still have the RSW-15 as my avatar. [:D]

I just texted one of my customer's that owns 3 storage facilities to keep an eye out for any Klipsch boxes or speakers. [:D] I seriously just did.

That's fantastic. Yeah you have to be able to see the potential value to succeed at those things. I've heard of them selling usually around $500. Maybe that's in Florida when there is mostly junk in them. Lol

Definitely would throw him a thank you of some form. That was extremely nice of him.

The bigger question is who leaves an Rsw-15 in a storage unit and let's it go

I dunno who'd leave a rsw-15 in there either. I was talking to Jason earlier today and he was thinking it might of been a EBayer's, or something like that storage unit, due to how random the items were. He hasn't had a chance to go through everything yet, so maybe he'll find something out. And yes I owe him big, I've heard talks of the outside of his house needs some painting, so I have an idea my help will be required soon [:P]

I guess it's apparent how much I enjoy mine considering I just traded my Velodyne HGS15 and still have the RSW-15 as my avatar. Big Smile

I just texted one of my customer's that owns 3 storage facilities to keep an eye out for any Klipsch boxes or speakers. Big Smile I seriously just did.

You're funny dude [:P]

• Moderators

I spoke to my friend tonight and he said they do have occassional auctions and said there are some great finds, however, most of them are duds. LOL. He said they have a long process of paperwork they have to go through before the items in the unit become their property to dispose of how they wish. He said he would let me know if he finds any Klipsch or other high end audio gear. Never hurts to ask. Who knows, he might call me saying, "Hey Michael....we have a really large pair of Klipsch speakers that are missing the back so they might need to be repaired." Youthman smiles as he walks away with a free pair of Khorns. [:D]