Fair price for A pair of RF7's and RC7?

kaaihue1

• Moderators

Youth. Additionally, you've totally glided
over the point where you've actually agreed (despite disagreeing) with
me on the % prices of used equipment.

It's probaby because I stink at math. Haha. [:$]

A quick search on Craigslist shows most of them listed at $1000 to $1200 with one pair at $800 "probably in Florida" lol.

That's part of my point, they are still listed. [:P] Just because they are listed for a certain price doesn't mean that's what the going rate or market value of them is.

I just did a nationwide CL search for Klipsch RF-7. Here is what I found

RF-7's for $2000 - LINK . I bet they will be there for awhile.

RF-7's for $1000 - LINK - Notice they were listed over a month ago and have not sold. No way of telling if they have been relisted either.

RF-7's for $800 - LINK - Dents and dings but says "doesn't need....taking up space" which means I'll take a lot less and they too are still available.

You know I'm just stirring the pot don't you. [:P]

Funny thing is all this conversation and we are STILL ON TOPIC! Amazing. [:D]

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TDK....^^^Certainly, you're correct with respect to your own observations and opinions. Lost in context was my kidding about you agreeing with both. Kinda. I do think its funny though. Sure an RC-7 is worth $600, its also worth $13 dollars. Depends on the needs and wants of the buyer. You agreed at two totally diff price ranges (which you've quantified with respect to condition, but you didn't before). Lets magnify your statement, as it equates to an easily 30% difference. "Yeah, I'd pay anywhere between $9k-$12k in taxes each year. That's average" Big difference.

Youth. Additionally, you've totally glided

over the point where you've actually agreed (despite disagreeing) with

me on the % prices of used equipment.

It's probaby because I stink at math. Haha. Embarrassed

A quick search on Craigslist shows most of them listed at $1000 to $1200 with one pair at $800 "probably in Florida" lol.

That's part of my point, they are still listed. Stick out tongue Just because they are listed for a certain price doesn't mean that's what the going rate or market value of them is.

I just did a nationwide CL search for Klipsch RF-7. Here is what I found

RF-7's for $2000 - LINK . I bet they will be there for awhile.

RF-7's for $1000 - LINK - Notice they were listed over a month ago and have not sold. No way of telling if they have been relisted either.

RF-7's for $800 - LINK - Dents and dings but says "doesn't need....taking up space" which means I'll take a lot less and they too are still available.

You know I'm just stirring the pot don't you. Stick out tongue

Funny thing is all this conversation and we are STILL ON TOPIC! Amazing. Big Smile

Math. You do realize this puts the range closer to $1300, lol.

TDK....^^^Certainly, you're correct with respect to your own observations and opinions. Lost in context was my kidding about you agreeing with both. Kinda. I do think its funny though. Sure an RC-7 is worth $600, its also worth $13 dollars. Depends on the needs and wants of the buyer. You agreed at two totally diff price ranges (which you've quantified with respect to condition, but you didn't before). Lets magnify your statement, as it equates to an easily 30% difference. "Yeah, I'd pay anywhere between $9k-$12k in taxes each year. That's average" Big difference.

I really have nothing else to add to this thread except what I've already posted. The question was about a fair price and your example dealing with taxes has nothing to do with how I came up with a fair price...Given their scarcity I contend your price range of $13 to $600 for an RC-7 is tremendously over-exaggerated and complaining about a 30% window depending on availability of the RF-7s is unwarranted.

EDIT: Btw, you are using the word "average," and I contend most markets don't have these speakers for sale except on a limited basis. Heck there are people now looking for RC-7s and I actually have an extra one that I'm not letting go of.

• Moderators

This thread is funny! So I guess the question is... how much will the OP list them for!?

I'm curious too. I stated I two friends that might be interested in them but haven't heard from the OP. Sent an Email & PM.

tdk, "complaining" as it relates to your post, is not accurate, at all. You "agreed" with a huge price diff. Your doing, not mine. I wanted to boil it down to one number, for the OP. The taxes example was simply one that everyone could understand, i apologize if you cannot or don't have to pay taxes. Seemed like an easy one to understand. My mentioning of a $13 dollar speaker was to give a baseline that Everything has a value, but that the lowest value does not signify its true value. "I have an extra one that I'm not letting go of". I have two tucked away, and...... Your mentioning this because why? So, you don't grasp how your 30% price range diff would be confusing to the OP? Yes, my example was exagerated, that was the point, as I stated.

• Moderators

I believe the OP has left the building. [:P] I haven't heard from you so I'm going to move forward with purchasing an RC-7 from another party. I would rather buy one local but since I haven't heard from you via email, PM or a reply in this forum, I'm guessing you might already be selling your speakers elsewhere. Regardless, best wishes with your sale.

I wanted to boil it down to one number, for the OP...

If that was your goal then I hope you accomplished it and I stand by my comments in this thread which didn't have that restriction...To the OP, good luck in selling your speakers.

I meant per person. I apologize if I've offended you in any way as it was not my intention.

• Moderators

My wife is wanting me to get something a little bit more low profile than these monsters.

Kaa, I just sent you a second PM and Email. If you are serious about selling your RC-7, let me know. BTW, where in Florida are you located?

Late to the party but I sadly had to sell my 7's last year. I sold them for $1150 cash to one of the first people to contact me(same day).I would not have sold them for less. I sold my 83's for $900 like hotcakes, I priced both sets based on how much I hated to sell them. I'm onna be selling my rc7, cherry, like new in original packing/box but no bargain basement. There is always someone willing to pay more for like new vs ehh....I probably ask $500 and am sure it will sell close to that, maybe even local but for sure eventually online.I'll offer it on the Klipsch site first but this is a tough market, lol, but still seems right.

• Moderators

Looks like he's in your neck of the woods. Good luck striking a deal

Yes, I have been in contact with Gene and am waiting for a reply to see if he has decided to sell or keep the RC-7. A forum member has one in Texas but I would rather buy local if I can. Hopefully I'll hear from Gene tonight so I can make a decision on which route to take.