K402 Fact Sheet

mikebse2a3

Like ive mentioned before,,The 402 and Jube are but an unfinished product, shoved into the Pro cimema division,,,The Hobbiest Klipsch members have pulled it into the Two way home unit,,With many variations

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...for $24,000 a pair the JBL M2´s should sound pretty good, hard to compare them in any way with Klipsch offerings...

I still feel a fair amount of guilt for the TAD TD-4002s that I acquired 4 years ago--at about a tenth of that price. (They do sound good, however.)

I believe that the K-402 horn is worthy of its own thread regardless of the differing opinions: there isn't another horn that I've heard that sounds as natural and as big at the same same time regardless of 2" full-range compression driver used, including the now-depreciated K-69-A. To my ears, it's still amazing. It easily blows away anything else that I've heard.

Chris

Like ive mentioned before,,The 402 and Jube are but an unfinished product, shoved into the Pro cimema division,,,The Hobbiest Klipsch members have pulled it into the Two way home unit,,With many variations

When is a product finished? Klipsch still updates the Heritage line. You are right about the hobbiest pulling the Jub into the home.........some of us pulled the MCM into the home too. More people keep doing these things because they found these speakers can sound better than Klipsch's other speakers. Yeah, they take a little skill to run correctly, but the return is great.

I agree that the K402 is the best horn Klipsch has ever made to date. The driver that you use may be based on your budget. But you will still get results with a K69 that eclipse the other speakers in the Klipsch line up.

Yes ,,,Updating the Heritage line is wise,,Or the product will die,,PWK new this, And his baby (Khorn) matured,,,Also introducing other horn designs,,I hope the 510 and 402 will not be the last,,,Driver design is improving,,in a positive direction,,JBL driver 456 and D2.,,,Woofer designs are improving too, With differential dual voicecoil designs,,

• Moderators

The driver that you use may be based on your budget. But you will still get results with a K69 that eclipse the other speakers in the Klipsch line up.

Positively

I have compared them to almost every mid and larger horn from klipsch in my own room, not even close and that is with the much cheaper K69 driver.

Great design, Thanks Roy.

Here we go again. Who wants to hold his arms back so I can get a clear shot?

Dean...this Fact Sheet was to help anyone that has an interest in the K402 and wants reliable information from the designer.

I suggest we all try not to feed into the non-sense.

mike tn

However, none of this has anything to do with this thread other than to say there have been several new drivers intorduced since Roy designed the K402 horn and since Klipsch has sold systems with K69 and 1132 and 1133. This is a very good thing!

In fact I have a couple of pairs of K402s and have been experimenting with some of these different drivers, and have a couple more to try. It's exciting that there are more choices now as time has gone on.

Mike, thanks for posting this info. It answers a few questions about why someone might prefer the sound of a K402 over the older exponential horns or even a pure tractrix or conical horn.

Exactly Mark...it's important that people understand that the K402 is a very neutral design compared to most horns and that means it will allow any driver to give it's best performance IMHO.

Thanks,

mike tn

Moron speaks again!!

rigma

• 7 months later...

Great information. Now more than ever, I want to find three K-402's to mate with the KPT-904-LF's I have! My poor 904's are shelved. Well... actually floored since my shelves can't hold them. :)

It would be very nice to see some errata in this thread of this horn matched with different drivers like the K69A, the K1132, the JBL offerings, and any other which folks here are using or have tried and have measurements for.

Dean...this Fact Sheet was to help anyone that has an interest in the K402 and wants reliable information from the designer.

I suggest we all try not to feed into the non-sense.

mike tn

Mike, I was thinking that wouldn't it be nice if there was a sticky thread or locked thread that would only have the Jubilee interview and specs on it. This could substitute for the lack of advertising info and spec sheet for the "home" version of the Jubilee.

It would be a valuable (and easy to find) source of info for those wanting to drink the kool aid.

I am not sure what should go into it. Certainly the above interview and specs for the K-510 and K-402 versions, dimensions, and crossover setup. By keeping the thread locked, then all the nonsense and contentiousness could be eliminated. I am thinking about what unfortunately happened when a fact sheet was posted for the bass bin and all heck broke loose with a flood of misinformation.

What are your thoughts and do you think the moderators might allow this.

I like the way you guys think on this, I don't want to flood this thread with ideas. But while your at it, what if someone with Jubs had taken some plots or measurements in their environment emailed them to the mod to have them applied to the sticky, that way folks who question how them might respond with certain room criteria would get a good Idea.