Ten Years have flown by.

kuisis

I'm just waiting to see if this one thread has more replies than posts I've had in ten years. I am very interested in the differences between the two preamps as well. I have the Peach and Tercel, which it seems, is what the Blueberry is in one unit. I also want to thank Amy for not closing it.

Trust me folks this is not the place for such product promotions or explanations that went away with the wild west days. I do my best to live within the rules set forth by the folks that provide us this great forum.

Many of the most important difference are right in plain sight. The differences that cannot be seen are minor tweaking nothing to write home about. I think they are well worth it but I'm anal retentive about many things that have my name going with them. The main jest of the product is indeed based on the Blueberry audio circuits no denying it (as if I ever did). Anyone building these as a DIY product that wants some pointers is more then welcome to email me WHEN they are well on the way to actually building it (no curious cats please). But if you want to do it with excellent results you need to spend some bucks it is not going to be some $150 endeavor so get that figure way out of your mind, closer to a $1000 or so plus tons of your time, it takes me 3 to 4 solid days to build one front to back (of course I have a business to run along with it). In the end you will find THAT EVERYTHING matters.

Cheers Craig

I guess I wasn't really interested in building anything, just improving what I have, like so many of us do on here to our speakers. Some even upgrade amps. Technically, since Juicy Music isn't in business anymore, it's really not promoting a product. I am very curious to know, in layman's terms, how I could improve the sonics of my tercel/peach combo, not that it doesn't sound great already. I have a couple thousand in tubes and have seen differences between them. I am guessing there will be a difference in capacitors. I am going to use the search function on here to aid my search. Getting the audio bug again after being very content with my system since I added Khorns a few years ago. It's really not about getting something done on the cheap, it's about the satisfaction of improving something on my own, without having to pay someone to do it for me. Just my few cents. Again, this is about me upgrading my equipment, not comparing it to other manufacturers stuff.

Kuisis,

Upgrading parts is fairly straight forward. The first thing when dealing with a circuit board based unit like the Tercel is to have some idea what will fit and have the leads actually reach the solder pads for each component you want to upgrade. No sense drooling over some Boutique cap only to find you have no practical way to install it in the given piece of gear. If you want to take a picture of the business dine of your Tercel I might be able to shed some light on the subject. I've seen the inside before but it has been a while.

Craig

• 9 years later...

Very sad to share that Tom Kuisis has passed away.  He loved this forum, spent so many hours reading and sharing his knowledge, not to mention had an impressive Klipsch collection accumulated over the years to show for it.  In addition to being a good friend to me and many others, he was the one who got me and a few other nuts into this habit...  His KHorns just blew me away and I've never had an experience like that since (even now that I have my own & some pCATs both of which he helped me find!).  He was a loyal & loving guy and will be missed.  If you knew him or posted with him here, please think of him when you're cranking it up.  May he rest in peace and occasionally grace Morgantown.

Tom.jpg

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, x107 said:

Very sad to share that Tom Kuisis has passed away.  He loved this forum, spent so many hours reading and sharing his knowledge, not to mention had an impressive Klipsch collection accumulated over the years to show for it.  In addition to being a good friend to me and many others, he was the one who got me and a few other nuts into this habit...  His KHorns just blew me away and I've never had an experience like that since (even now that I have my own & some pCATs both of which he helped me find!).  He was a loyal & loving guy and will be missed.  If you knew him or posted with him here, please think of him when you're cranking it up.  May he rest in peace and occasionally grace Morgantown.

Tom.jpg

Thanks for posting.  I added this information to the thread “Fallen forum friends” for others to see.

• Thanks 1