Ten Years have flown by.

kuisis

Ok, let me sum this experiment up right now.

Was anyone injured here in this thread today? Did anyone get a broken nose, busted rib or black eye, like you might get in a Donnybrook, fistfight, beat down?

...Imagine if you let people have their own interests for their own reasons, and kept your nose out of things that you didn't enjoy?

I dunno--My wife got online and saw that I was the Number 1 poster and she was not too pleased that I didn't do the household chores I said I would do...I don't know if that qualifies, but I gotta go as not to become more than an Internet statistic... {Note: I didn't use emoticons and it wasn't because I was afraid of offending Mark, but because it could be misinterpreted if she gets back on and sees that I had to post yet one more time.}

EDIT:

Having smileycons adds nothing. In fact, it is more often than not, a lie being perpetrated by the user of the emoticon. He wan't the sting to be real, but give himself cover if someone calls him on it. "I didn't mean it. It was just a joke. Didn't you see my smiley! Got no sense of humor?"

Yeah--That's why I didn't use one in this post.

I can't stand all this nonsense. Why isn't this thread locked already? Now I have to put up with it all weekend.

If you wanna stop it, bring up Jesus or Adolf...your choice. Both have the same effect, fast and effective when used as directed.

Dave

Dave, Dave. I love this place and I love it when Mark drops down from the Olympus of his mind to share with us mere mortals his thoughts and dreams, opinions and scolds, his genius and his disingenuous.

No knock at Mark at all, I really am not being sarcastic. Hell, I'm always awed when Mark shares audio. The reason I love this place, is it's potentialioty, dat's a Thebes word. Granted a lot of the life has been squeezed out of it over the last couple of years, When I first came here I suddenly recalled why most of us got into music in the first place. To stretch our minds. No not chemically, although...

Now, now Thebes let's not get distracted, go off on tangents, oh look at the pretty candle.

Now stop that right now mister! Your a grown man, But can't I still dream? Am I only allowed old man stuff. Trusses and trust funds, SS and SSi, arches and walkers. Pah!

I dream when I come here. A killer system. Grooving with some buds. Grooving on some buds. Stop[ that right there!

It's a shame, but understandable after all these years, that right now Mark's essentially bored by audio, but his is an active mind that refuses to stay at rest.When he wants to talk audio or just pick a fight, I say more power to him. He one of our assets, our treasures, our link to the vibrant past.

And Craig, I love Craig,. He's a bud, a teacher, a technician non-pariel, and, yes someone, who has been mentored along the way, like all of us have.

But I'm not getting into that particular debate. I'm not drawing lines, and I'm, not about to get into all the we're a slightly disfunctional family drivel.

Hey were mostly guys with a shared passion, thoughts, fears, hopes, dreams, responsibilities and shared lust for killer audio toys which somehow we will acquire despite the machinations of that odder side of humanity, girls who don't like stereos. One of the great things about this place is that personalities are welcome. Or whatever aspect of our personality we'd like to share.

Sure sometimes theres controversy, sure its somewhat silly and sophomoric, sure certain truths will be approached but not revealed. So be it.

It's summer and the Forum is rockin!

Speaking of summer, Dave, how about climbing aboard a conveyance we once shared before. Maybe, if we're lucky, we'll find the crossroads. But bring an axe, and be prepared to play for your soul. Bumped up on a sweaty summer in August:

http://community.klipsch.com/forums/t/55055.aspx?PageIndex=1

I was sitting on the porch the other day drinking a cold beer watching my wife cut the grass. And boy, was it hot. An old lady that lives next door came marching up onto my porch and said here you are sitting on the porch drinking a cold beer watching your wife cut the grass, you should be hung! To which I responded, I am, that's why I'm sitting on my porch drinking a cold beer and she's cutting the grass.

Keith

Jesus, it is like Adolf has forced all the insane people out of hell and onto the forum.

Is there anyone interested in audio? I would like to know if there are any interesting preamps to experiment with... the last interesting things were 10 years ago. The days of arguing over Eico's and Dynaco's and Welbournes.... was the Poseidon better than the board Mark created or the board offered by tubes4hifi... was the SDS board better than monster caps stuck into the power supply...now... we have nothing.

The previous thread... while contentious was largely non-offensive. It was merely disagreeable. It wasn't until someone hurled personal insults and I took offense despite the insult not being hurled my way, and responded poorly, that the thread actually became ugly. For my part, I removed what I felt was objectionable. Mark and Craig...yes, they asserted various things and there were some jabs in there but nothing to fear. Frankly, the discussion was informative and was becoming more educational as it continued.

The problem, I assert and expect no real challenge, is that society and the participants on this forum have become overly conditioned. Disagree but do so in such a polite manner no disagreement can be inferred. Respect diversity but assimilate. Speak your mind but don't offend. Any generalization is a personal affront. Respect labels and find offense at every opportunity. Seek authority to appease your position. Rights are but privileges. Freedom is limited.

It is no wonder we can't build a better mousetrap. I have been here longer than 10 years... I feel my time is nearing its end. I am not challenged and I am not intellectually stimulated anymore. The Mark vs Kelly days... stimulating and learning experiences. The Mark tutoring Craig days... stimulating, educational, and resulting in great products... The Mark vs Craig days... your daily comedy show. The half-wits with their gif posts... not much point.

Why am I still here? Certain relationships I have built over the years. I also enjoy watching how Amy and Steven change over the years.

Speaking of summer, Dave, how about climbing aboard a conveyance we once shared before. Maybe, if we're lucky, we'll find the crossroads. But bring an axe, and be prepared to play for your soul. Bumped up on a sweaty summer in August

Oh, Lord, my man, I love you! Don't tell the twins...

Them wuz the days...

I long ago lay down my pen before you. A man must know his limitations and recognize greatness. Your humor is entertaining, but your painting...Michaelangelo, bow down!

I am on board, take me back to the Delta, kind sir.

Dave

• Moderators

Why am I still here? Certain relationships I have built over the years. I also enjoy watching how Amy and Steven change over the years.

Aw, that's nice to hear. Here's Steven and me reacting to this thread (speaking of emoticons):

Aw, that's nice to hear. Here's Steven and me reacting to this thread (speaking of emoticons):

Well said Amy!

Josh

Look'n great!

Amy is drinking or decided everyone here is to stupid to attend to.

Wonderful pic. I was single when I first met you but you blew me off. I understand; with that little man at your side why put up with a big kid who is a PITA.

These posts, aside from Amy's, honestly, are stupid. Actually, aside from the pride in being here ten years (which I might think on occasion is an indication of retardedness), this thread has been less than insightful (aside from the beautiful pictures posted by Amy).

I again ask, and do so earnestly, is anyone actually interested in audio and are you willing to listen to Mark and Craig debate in order to learn. Mark posts with big words and intellect. Craig posts with smaller words, poor spelling, and considerable practicality. It leads to volatility. If not, continue to post stupid animated pictures and proclaim your interest in agreement and harmony.

Lest I say something invaluable, I sincerely want to know what the difference is between a Blueberry and a NBS. I want to know how Craig improved upon Mark's work or I want to know buying a NBS gets me the same thing - in a prettier package. Sorry, Mark, but I never was a fan of the weird colors. Craig adds value if he did nothing more than take a Blueberry and put it in a more aesthetic box. And I would be perfectly content if he said that was all he did.

But I don't want to live through accusations and implausible denials; nor do I want to read a bunch of 'let me evade the question' responses, nor do I want to view a boatload of stupid cartoons that reflect an inability to think and type.

Some may say this is a vendor issue; I say BS. I own a dozen Klipsch speakers. I want to know what will provide me the ability to best enjoy them. Mark, Craig, or anyone else can disappear along with their products. I will still own all my Klipsch speakers and will never forget hearing the first one in junior high. If I wanted to piss them off, I would point out one of my favorite amps is a Consonance; it has the best asthetics of anything discussed in 2c forever. Some would argue square transformer covers are better. Neither answer is absolute, but those who disagree with my opinion are blind.

PS. I just want to say, I have never hear a word from Craig in the week since I defended his craftsmanship, while Mark drove across the country, built a Blueberry v4 (it is incredible) and had it shipped to me via overnight and didn't charge me a thing. That, along with Dean who loves me like a brother and shipped me a pair of new, very esoteric cross-overs with the most expensive capacitors and resistors anyone has ever found (not available to any one else) for free no less, has taken my ability to listen to the Pet Shop Boys to levels I never imagined.

Seniority does have its benefits.

Amy is drinking or decided everyone here is to stupid to attend to.

I can assure you Robert, I am not drinking.

I was trying to give you an out. Now most of these people know you think they are stupid. Oops, sorry, if you (the stupid people) are offended, please understand I thought you already knew. Dang... Amy is going to pistol whip me tomorrow.