Ten Years have flown by.

kuisis

. . . Neil, I bought a 16 ohm university and a converted 16 ohm T35 I tried out the speakers with the universites and t-35's. The T-35's won out, not by much, so I replaced the one University with the T-35. I kept the others though, for future experimentation. The only other change was the new crossovers. I kept the originals and had Bob Crites make me new ones. The new ones are about half as big. That's about it, except for cleaning the grill cloth and cleaning the outside. I listened to them last night.

You're doing it the right way Tom.

Get rid of nothing until the History Channel threatens to tape an episode of "Hoarders," Then only jettison enough to get them to leave you to your music.[:)]

Congrats, yes ten years goes by fast. It's funny, I've gotten into so many other hobbies and ventured off for a year or so at a time here like others have mentioned but I always come back. That's the great thing about this hobby and this forum, you can pick right back up where you left off when you're ready.

Time flies and good times we had...

Hang on... I just noticed I am two months short of my 10 year membership! Wow...

Hey timmikid,... how are those MC30's singing? Hope you're still in love with them today as you were almost 10 yrs. ago when you acquired them. I still remember that.... Here's CHEERS to 10 years, and counting.

BTW, for those who'd like a taste of the Wild Wild Forum of old, take a look a the NBS topology thread. It's a real mudslinger and I am frankly surprised the Sheriff hasn't stepped in.

Dave

I'm sure it's getting close to a lock by now. It's quite entertaining though. Egos that big tend to amuse me.

BTW, for those who'd like a taste of the Wild Wild Forum of old, take a look a the NBS topology thread. It's a real mudslinger and I am frankly surprised the Sheriff hasn't stepped in.

Dave

I'm sure it's getting close to a lock by now. It's quite entertaining though. Egos that big tend to amuse me.

Our fearless leader may be on the side... laughing....

What was once an immersive, authentic and pertinent drama of audio enthusiasts is now a river of cheap GIF cartoons and hipster memes. Pity.

OTOH, unseemly mudslinging without basis is controlled. Good thing.

I still find good advice here, and the company of ladies and gentlemen. Yes, I miss high drama...but the recent locked donneybrook should have been stopped long before.

Dave

Mark, if you wish to discuss, you know where to take it.

There were no ethical, moral, or legal questions discussed. When religion came up, you did not, as someone who has been here awhile should, indicate it was not appropriate and decline to respond. Given your post count, that suggests to me you were looking for a lock. You got it.

No further discussion of this here from me.

Dave

As an aside, I just want to say that I do own a Peach and Tercel, and must say that they are great pieces of equipment. I didn't find anything offensive in the other thread, except that guy who kept posting idiotic pictures, with absolutely nothing to add to the conversation. I find debate, without personal attacks, very informative myself. Anyway. I have an average of 70 posts a year so I try read more than post.

I have to say that I quite enjoyed the thread. Thought provoking and at times informative. What more would you want!

I was not quite sure why folks were calling for it to be shut down. Aside from a few personal attacks it was a good read.

Josh

For what it's worth I also don't believe the thread should have been shut down.

I've not always seen eye to eye with Mark in the past but the man felt a wrong had been done to him and was trying to explain why he saw things the way he did. People were free to read what he said and reach their own conclusions.

My question is why were there some trying so hard to shut him up?

miketn

As an individual with some added insight on the powers that be here at the Klipsch Forum, I can give you one reason in particular that put them across the line: Religion. It is strictly verboten for good historic reason. Anyone who has been in this group for any length of time will know that.

Beyond that, matters of opinion on personal business belong on the phone or in personal email, not here.

If that makes it too tame for some, it makes it a better place for many. Few find any personal enrichment by being exposed to infantile temper tantrums and person vendettas regardless of how elevated the language may be.

I am in total and complete support of the Klipsch moderators. I've yet to see them suppress anything a teacher wouldn't put a stop to on an elementary school playground.

Dave

I am in total and complete support of the Klipsch moderators. I've yet to see them suppress anything a teacher wouldn't put a stop to on an elementary school playground.

Dave

8e0856e4-f537-4785-b8fc-95b9ba5344f4.jpg

Credits:

jacksonbart for "Top Notch" expression

Some advertising agency for "MIMITW" concept

As an individual with some added insight on the powers that be here at the Klipsch Forum, I can give you one reason in particular that put them across the line: Religion. It is strictly verboten for good historic reason. Anyone who has been in this group for any length of time will know that.

Dave I don't have much time to respond to this now but I respectfully disagree.

Should the thread in general for the man with terminal cancer be locked down because many have brought religion in the form of prayer for this person..? miketn

Beyond that, matters of opinion on personal business belong on the phone or in personal email, not here.

Then that begs the question of why the people selling products to forum members are allowed to use the forum to explain and promote these products. Don't they have there own websites for that purpose?

Now don't get me wrong here, I'm OK with these people being here if we are free to fully interact and question any aspect of what they are saying or promoting but if not then again why should they be allowed to promote on this forum? miketn