Ten Years have flown by.

kuisis

I don't need an out, silly. Most of you don't care what I think anyway because I'm a GIRL. (This would be a much better post if I was allowed to insert a winkie face)

why do you need a winkie face? You need an angry face. Because as a woman, you think most equates to some... there was only one dummy who attempted to criticise you because you were a woman. the rest of us think he is... dang it, I am supposed to be nicer now.

I'm just waiting to see if this one thread has more replies than posts I've had in ten years. I am very interested in the differences between the two preamps as well. I have the Peach and Tercel, which it seems, is what the Blueberry is in one unit. I also want to thank Amy for not closing it.

• Moderators

I don't need an out, silly. Most of you don't care what I think anyway because I'm a GIRL. (This would be a much better post if I was allowed to insert a winkie face)

why do you need a winkie face? You need an angry face. Because as a woman, you think most equates to some... there was only one dummy who attempted to criticise you because you were a woman. the rest of us think he is... dang it, I am supposed to be nicer now.

Life is far too short for anger.

Quite the opposite, you're the only girl who will talk to us.

FWIW, the other thread attacking you was offensive and needed to be delted. And I do not get offended very often.

Ok, now you have pissed me off. I have a perfectly good 1st run Tercel sitting here. You changed it for subsequent kits because the print was wrong. I lived with that because I don't look at the face to see which tubes belong where. But... there was a Hot Rod Tercel? Prick. You know, I am getting ready to call Craig and GIVE him money. He won't talk to me, he damn sure wouldn't send anything to me, but he certainly would let me know that he had something better than I had. You don't even give me the respect that you build a HOT ROD Tercel and I only got the first generation attempt. Oh, you should take your spot next to Hitler; you surely aren't Jesus.

Do you have any idea how much I have spent in tubes? Jeez. I spent months tracing down authentic vintage Mullards. Give me the details. Other folks say DIY Tercels were a problem. Mine kicks butt (is that egotistical.) If I can improve it, however, I would love to do so. The 1% improvement wouldn't be the best thing ever, but it would allow me to claim superiority over other pedestrian music lovers.

I bet I have more money tied up in tubes than in the two preamps. I have Mullards in the Tercel, and I'm running the two stock tubes with a Siemen'sCCA in the Peach. I have tried Phillips SQ and PQ E188CC's, Siemens E188cc's, Mullard CV2493, Mullard CV2492, and Mazda E188cc. I found a guy in Holland and he hooked me up. What cable would you recommend Mark? Yes, I am reading this. Also what caps would you recommend? My amps are 2 MC250's refreshed and running in mono through my 54 and 56 Khorns. I'll be in Northern California over labor day weekend if you have any left over for sale.

I dunno--My wife got online and saw that I was the Number 1 poster and she was not too pleased that I didn't do the household chores I said I would do...I don't know if that qualifies, but I gotta go as not to become more than an Internet statistic... {Note: I didn't use emoticons and it wasn't because I was afraid of offending Mark, but because it could be misinterpreted if she gets back on and sees that I had to post yet one more time.}

That's a bit sad, really.

It was a joke and proves using an emoticon could have helped in the delivery.[;)]

Um, not really. You see, it's not written in a humorous way. So, adding a smiley is like having to explain a punchline to someone. If I wanted to say something similar and have it be a joke, I'd write it out as humor.

Here's what goes on with smileys, and I promise this is my last word on it. A person wants to be a smartarse, a wiseguy, a name caller. But he doesn't want to actuaally take any responsibility for it. So, the smiley is the "pre-purchased cop out." Watch...

...There are hundreds more ways to communicate a similar sentiment, and each has a nuance that the recipient will know how to interpret. These are all more honest examples that while equivocating the exclamation, they provide important nuance to the recipient. Far better than just shooting off your mouth and then paving it all over with a string of smileys.

You like them and that's your choice. I am explaining logically and linguistically why they are not the best choice for language.

Great books and great essays don't use smiley faces, and I think that is my best ultimate argument.

Jeez, Mark--I will admit not to be a Henny Youngman and you are not Victor Hugo. [:S]

If I were writing a book or an essay then of course I would not use emoticons...That said, if you wouldn't have appreciated if I added a [;)] in my attempt at humor, then that is your prerogative, but I feel others would have gotten the joke...That is my last comment on the subject except to say adding it wasn't for any of the reasons you stated above and the emoticon I used in this post was a quick way of saying "I am tongue-tied at your response."

I drank too many [D], and ran my [au] into some [ip]. I got [8o|] at myself, and started to walk home. I started to feel [+o(], and threw-up on a [&].

It then started to [st], and I didn't have a [um]. Feeling depressed, I started to [:'(] . What [bs] it was.

I guess the sniveling emoticon doesn't work...

I drank too many Drinks, and ran my Automobile into some Paradise. I got Super Angry at myself, and started to walk home. I started to feel Ick!, and threw-up on a Dog.

It then started to Storm, and I didn't have a Umbrella. Feeling depressed, I started to [:'(] . What PWK BS Button it was.

I guess the sniveling emoticon doesn't work...

Mark: Here's your answer why.

Edit: Post refers to Mark's question of why not to tkd not using emoticons in an essay.