New Klipsch Website

mark1101

I didn't know where to post this so I put it here.

I like the new navigation, but I hope the site is still under construction.

Most of the cinema products are missing right now. The Jubs are not there either. The MCM-4 Grand has old info and picture that is incorrect as the XII mid-bass module no longer exists, the KPT-305 is an 8" driver, not 12" as is stated.........There's more.......just a lot of mistakes carried over.

I hope the cinema line is still as broad as it used to be.

Also, the front page says that Paul Klipsch was a "madman". I'm not sure how to take that comment.

That comment bothered me too, but I think it's an attention grabber for the younger folks who appreciate those who "don't follow the crowd", break off from mainstream thinking, etc. "Madman" is synonymous with "lunatic" in my book, and I think the word is inappropriate. He was eccentric, but the focus should be on his intelligence. How about "wild eyed genius"?

• Moderators

Most of the cinema products are missing right now. The Jubs are not there either.

The Jubilee is right here: http://www.klipsch.com/tri-amp

Can you tell me what else is missing specifically? The only thing I moved to discontinued is the MCM-3. Everything else should be there. We will be adding several new models in the coming weeks as well. I'll also double check those mistakes. If they were wrong on the old site, chances are they will be wrong on the new site. Most things were migrated over automatically.

Also, the front page says that Paul Klipsch was a "madman".

This is a nod to the TV show Mad Men, which takes place in the 60s and has a very similar look to the Klipsch ad it accompanies. It didn't seem to offend anyone here who knew him, but I will double check. It certainly isn't meant to be disrespectful.

• Moderators

As for the website, I hope it is still under development since somethings appear to be missing and it is a bit harder to navigate to the forum.

Please let me know specifically what is missing.

There's a direct link to the forum in the footer.

As for the website, I hope it is still under development since somethings appear to be missing and it is a bit harder to navigate to the forum.

Please let me know specifically what is missing.

There's a direct link to the forum in the footer.

I never saw that till you pointed it out. When the home page loads, all I see is the top half. You can scroll down, but most home pages are just one non scrollable screen with links.

I think the renovations are wonderful. However, I remain disappointed at not making the 8 Card the centerpiece of at least the PWK legend area, if not on page one. After all, it's the fountainhead of Klipsch and PWKs manifesto. Until one has read and digested it there's no way you can really understand him or the company he built. It's the root of "Heresy," as PWK was acknowledging that design did not meet all the criteria of the 8 Card, but there was a reason for the deviation. If all designers truly understood the 8 Card, and knew precisely why they were deviating from it, we'd have a lot better speakers. PWK's rules were intended as baselines, not "8 Commandments." Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I believe the Kg2 was the first Klipsch product not designed by PWK. However, once I understood the design it was easy to see that he'd followed PWKs rubrics except as required to meet the design aim, in that case size and cost efficiency. I am not at all surprised that PWK blessed it as it did a great job in that regard.

Heck, if I were grand poobah at Klipsch, I'd stop new hires in the hall and say "Summarize cardinal point 6" or whatever to make sure everyone understood the heritage of Heritage and the fundamental principles originated by PWK that remain the best summary of loudspeaker design ever written.

Dave

• Moderators

I think the renovations are wonderful. However, I remain disappointed at not making the 8 Card the centerpiece of at least the PWK legend area, if not on page one.

I still have it, we just don't have anything written about it yet, or decided exactly where to put it. The historical section will always remain a work in progress!

Okies, Amy. I'll shut up about it, but only with this last thought: A company needs a clear understanding of its core business, and I see that document as both a technical landmark and a mission statement.

Thanks for keeping it in mind!

Dave

Excellent job on the update! Easy to navigate and graphically interesting. Clean product presentation with lots of good historical stuff. I think that the mad man reference makes sense after entering the Paul Klipsch area and you see it in the context of the 50's ad that appears. On it's own on the home page without that reference I can see that some might question it. But I have to say I didnt have an issue because I immediately understood the pop culture reference. Now whether it makes sense to equate him to womanizing hard drinkers, that is another question! ;)

Great job!!

Josh