Nyad makes it the 103 miles!

Marvel

Whether she was in a cage or not (she wasn't) I find it ompressive that Diana Nyad finally completed the swim from Cuba to Florida. I couldn't swim a quarter mile, and we are the same age.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/02/world/americas/diana-nyad-cuba-florida-swim/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Bruce

yes, that was an incredible feat. Never give up on your dreams, huh?

Yes incredible, and crazy, I don't even dream that big, they would find me floating possibly at even less than 1/2 mile.

1/2 mile? Are you a professional athlete? I couldn't make it that far. Besides, I was a nervous wreck watching Nik Walenda walk across that section of the Grand Canyon. No shark cage for her, no safety harness for him...a couple of thrill seekers those two.

Trying to do something you failed at four times before goes beyond thrill seeking. That's some serious determination.

As well, swimming (or doing anything) for 53 hours doesn't sound at all thrilling to me.

In any case, I'm really impressed with her accomplishment. [Y][Y][Y][Y][Y]

Trying to do something you failed at four times before goes beyond thrill seeking. That's some serious determination.

Talking about serious determination, last night I watched the movie Men of Honor. Not only was the acting incredible, but the true story about Carl Brashear was one of the most inspiring that I have ever encountered!

Maynard