Life with BOSE :-\

Quiet_Hollow

When people start bragging about their Bose, I just let them.

When people ask me about Bose, I tell them that of the speakers I have owned, the bose arethe bottomfeeders.

I suspect little to no disagreement Here.

Even had Bose repair tech speak pooly of them. Of course I did not see him trying to sell any bose products

My wife, who has a hearing problem, has always trusted my position in regards to Bose and all criticisms being accurate.

That being said, one of my systems in our basement has a vintage 70's Technics receiver and a pair of Klipsch KHO7 speakers.

One day we were over at Best Buy hunting down something for her computer as I was wondering around the other departments and saw their display of the outdoor speakers. After she was done with what she was doing I asked her to follow me to this display, I didn't say why.

I turned on the Bose outdoor speakers and turned up the volume to a very modest level. Not touching anything else on the receiver I threw the switch to play the Klipsch's. The sound was fuller, louder and had a bit of a bass thump.

She drops her jaw and looks at me to say that now she understands completely why Bose is opined how it is and for the $20 price difference the Klipsch's were well worth the extra cost.

• Moderators

Nice of you to not talk trash about his choice but when your in one of those discussions about audio just ask him, what frequency range does that set cover ? Say every manufacturer in the world tells what freq there speaker covers. You can leave out the fact that everyone except bose and the models at the dollar store ask him to look into that for you.

Nice bose Sunburn.

Edited by dtel

Is there really such a thing as a Bose Acolyte... and if so, is the pity we feel just a waste of emotion?

I can't take this, I am walking directly into my living room and cranking up my system!

Edited by Schu

Duuude! Just grab up some Quintets, I think they call them, re-badge them with the Bose logo and say they are the latest offering from Smoze. It's xmas, pop-in-law, my extra special present to you.
Excellent idea. Quintets would be my first pick also. :emotion-21:
I can't take this, I am walking directly into my living room and cranking up my system!
Thanks for the laugh! :lol:

I feel the same way, except I don't get to "run home to mama" this time around.