Calibration issue

Hutch1814

I'll start off by saying Happy New Year and I hope everybody had a great holiday!

Now my issue, I've been on vacation for 2 weeks and been playing with my AVR. Issue is no matter what I do audyssey sets my sub to -12, my settings on the sub is power at 50% and I've tried the gain at 50, 75, and 100 (dial wise) and it still sets it to -12? Anybody have any ideas?

• Like 1

have you tried the sub at lower than 50 percent? 50 might still be too high on the gain for the calibration to set it properly. my buddy has the old bash version pb-13 ultra and that gain in so sensitive its only at like 20%. you want it to be in calibration.

• Like 1

I'll start off by saying Happy New Year and I hope everybody had a great holiday!

Now my issue, I've been on vacation for 2 weeks and been playing with my AVR. Issue is no matter what I do audyssey sets my sub to -12, my settings on the sub is power at 50% and I've tried the gain at 50, 75, and 100 (dial wise) and it still sets it to -12? Anybody have any ideas?

If it sets your trim level at -12 at half volume then you need to lower it not raise it on the sub. Fwiw, my subs below are probably only at 1/4 (25 per your calculations) and the sub ends up being -5 compared to my other speakers which are between -4 to -8.

Btw, are you using a tripod and have multiple Audyssey set up points?

Edited by tkdamerica

No, I'm using the mic at ear level at 3 places where me and my wife sit the most in the living room. It's weird, if I go lower it blows the sub way out of where the rest of the speakers are at, if I go up to 50% it kills the sub to -12, I can't find a happy medium for some odd reason. The room is 21X14 with hard wood floors. Question, we're currently in the process of moving so I'm missing a lot of pictures, blankets, coverings, etc. that would possibly help tone down the system. Would this possibly be causing an issue?

No, I'm using the mic at ear level at 3 places where me and my wife sit the most in the living room. It's weird, if I go lower it blows the sub way out of where the rest of the speakers are at, if I go up to 50% it kills the sub to -12, I can't find a happy medium for some odd reason. The room is 21X14 with hard wood floors. Question, we're currently in the process of moving so I'm missing a lot of pictures, blankets, coverings, etc. that would possibly help tone down the system. Would this possibly be causing an issue?

Hmmm. Imo, if you aren't using a tripod or running Audyssey as instructed then there could be several reasons you aren't getting good results.

EDIT: Here is an informative link: http://www.avsforum.com/t/795421/official-audyssey-thread-faq-in-post-51779/51750#post_21783025

Edited by tkdamerica

Hmmm. Imo, if you aren't using a tripod or running Audyssey as instructed then there could be several reasons you aren't getting good results.

EDIT: Here is an informative link: http://www.avsforum.com/t/795421/official-audyssey-thread-faq-in-post-51779/51750#post_21783025

Great read! Thank you! Guess I'm better off picking up a tripod and waiting until the move is complete and just deal with what I have Edited by Hutch1814

If the subs are level matched with the mains they sound weak. Go ahead and bump it up as everyone has stated.

i don't know about that statement at all. i agree with music they should be bumped up but feel free to come hear my setup in the basement. i run my subs all level matched and they sound unreal. my buddies who all run their subs 5-10 db hot. fun for demos, but not everyday movie watching. IMO anyways

i run my subs all level matched and they sound unreal.

The perceived loudness at 20 Hz is much les then 2000 Hz. If the subs and mains are level matched, the bass will sound weak. See the Fletcher-Munson curve. Have you run a graph on your room? I'd be curious to see it.