Cornwall / 1's

John Chi-town

Looking for input regarding Cornwall speakers. I have and still enjoy my first and only set of Klipsch speakers, 1992 forte II which I purchased new back in the day. At the time I could not afford a better "New" set of Klipsch speakers. I have always wondered about the original Cornwall, love the look of a set with cane grill covers!

My question is this: When reviewing the 2 speakers on paper, performance seems near identical. The forte II actually digs a little deeper as well.

Can anyone describe the difference in sound between the two? I am thinking that the Cornwall will be a little more layed back with the exponential mid? Perhaps more placement choices as well with no passive radiator in the rear?

Thanks in advance for any input!

Best regards,

John

• Like 1

the best looking Klipsch speaker ever made ( Heritage or not ) would be the Belle. not even up for discussion. end of story

i have never heard the forte but i would take a cornwall over a forte everyday of the week. to me a forte is a heresy in a bigger cabinet. i'm sure the forte 2's you have rock

Edited by Budman
  • Like 1

I heard Cornwall IIs 25 years ago and they rocked all day long. Two very large rooms with one speaker in each and you could barely stand the volume and thump in either. I had KG4s since then and last year picked up a pair of corns. Now there is no comparison, but the discussion of needing a sub with a pair of some other klipsch speakers stops here in my opinion. Sure you could go that route but for cost and space, a pair of corns will do a grat job and not need two solid corners for placement - thus corn (er) wall.

Looking for input regarding Cornwall speakers. I have and still enjoy my first and only set of Klipsch speakers, 1992 forte II which I purchased new back in the day. At the time I could not afford a better "New" set of Klipsch speakers. I have always wondered about the original Cornwall, love the look of a set with cane grill covers!

My question is this: When reviewing the 2 speakers on paper, performance seems near identical. The forte II actually digs a little deeper as well.

Can anyone describe the difference in sound between the two? I am thinking that the Cornwall will be a little more layed back with the exponential mid? Perhaps more placement choices as well with no passive radiator in the rear?

Thanks in advance for any input!

Best regards,

John

I had this same question when i was looking for a some older speakers. I bought some quartets the little brother of forte, and they sounded good.

I wanted something bigger so i jumped on the cornwalls 1s. Imo top to bottom they sound quite a bit better then the quats did. The corns are the best speakers i have ever heard. But they usually cost more than the forte so they should sound better

Edited by reference_head

Well under $500 quickly went away with new parts and walnut veneer! But they are mine now. Probably couldn't sell them for a massive profit but don't need to and if I get my way, will make up a nice 5.0 or 7.0 system in my next place.

Now if I could just stop dropping $$ on Oppos, sacds, and such!

I saved a ton of money getting MOG music web. 4.99 a mo run it with a toslink to optical cable. Have more music at my finger tips then i could ever want. I was skeptical and have compared it with a cd in a blu player. And its really close. i love it

Skeptical or stubborn? :)

I saved a ton of money getting MOG music web. 4.99 a mo run it with a toslink to optical cable. Have more music at my finger tips then i could ever want. I was skeptical and have compared it with a cd in a blu player. And its really close. i love it

Skeptical or stubborn? :)

Both probably. Im glad you turned me onto it billy. Listen for hours and hours sometimes. Its really got me back into 2ch (that and the corns)

It's been a while since I put both in the same room. I have forte II and CW here. To me the forte horn is more open and natural sounding, the CW is a bit 'pushier' or strident at loud volumes. Bass response pretty similar although I'd have to say I've always dug the CW low end. The passive radiator on the forte II does need some placement away from the wall, but the CW, with it's 90 degree mid horn, also needs to be toed-in towards the listening position so floor space/placement pretty much a toss up between the two. IOW, I can't name a favorite but I have them both in my home.

• Like 2

the best looking Klipsch speaker ever made ( Heritage or not ) would be the Belle. not even up for discussion. end of story

i have never heard the forte but i would take a cornwall over a forte everyday of the week. to me a forte is a heresy in a bigger cabinet. i'm sure the forte 2's you have rock

and you are entitled to your opinion bud man. I don't dig the dog house look of the belles or the la scalas. End of discussion! Lol

Been through a few of them and I like the Belles the best

Screwed that up, back in a minute

Hope this works. http://s939.photobucket.com/user/Revenoor/library/Speakers?sort=3&page=1

but to answer the question, I find the Chorus IIs, Forte II fairly equal but the Corns are "in the family" with more room filling sound but a little less tight on the bottom end but more of the bottom being audible. Does that make any sense at all?

Do you like tighter bottom (Forte) or deeper, bigger bottom (Cornwall). I prefer tight bottom girls but would like to have the best of both worlds so I go with a pretty face and a little surgery (ALK x-overs and Volti horns) on the Belles.

Edited by USNRET

Been through a few of them and I like the Belles the best

Screwed that up, back in a minute

Hope this works. http://s939.photobucket.com/user/Revenoor/library/Speakers?sort=3&page=1

but to answer the question, I find the Chorus IIs, Forte II fairly equal but the Corns are "in the family" with more room filling sound but a little less tight on the bottom end but more of the bottom being audible. Does that make any since at all?

Love the veneer you used on these Belles Mike! Very nice!

post-51278-0-23020000-1388642101_thumb.j