Colorado residents: Fess up

Rick

going to make a pilgrimage to Pueblo in May in the RV for a couple of weeks with the dogs and wife, can't wait, I remember in 1972 made a trip to golden for pony cans of coors in my VW and

brother, we slept in the VW. I never thought this day would come in my life time.

Oh, and for clarification,anyone in Colorado can grow, and the prices are still in the dirt cheap range.

It is my understanding that anyone of legal age in CO can possess up to 6 plants, as long as 3 or fewer are mature flowering plants, and only if they are being grown in non-public spaces.

The can't drive under the influence part gets me... Getting outside of the paranoid media there isn't really any medical evidence showing pot to contribute to car accidents. I would think a relaxed or even slightly paranoid driver going under the speed limit would be less of a danger than a woman on the cell phone doing her makeup and guzzling Starbucks 15 minutes late to work.

Oh, and for clarification,anyone in Colorado can grow, and the prices are still in the dirt cheap range.

It is my understanding that anyone of legal age in CO can possess up to 6 plants, as long as 3 or fewer are mature flowering plants, and only if they are being grown in non-public spaces.

This is correct that is exactly what the local news said yesterday!!!

Expect prices to fall rapidly. Frankly, if I were the Colorado legislature I'd have placed the tax at 100% or more. I don't think they realize it is just a WEED. It's only the Federal government that drove up the price.

Thai stick of one's dreams dipped in opium/honeywater was about 3 dollars for a brick...probably 4 ounces or so, but who was weighing it...when I was stationed there during the Viet war. Was about the same in the late 80s when I lived in Singapore.

Dave

The can't drive under the influence part gets me... Getting outside of the paranoid media there isn't really any medical evidence showing pot to contribute to car accidents. I would think a relaxed or even slightly paranoid driver going under the speed limit would be less of a danger than a woman on the cell phone doing her makeup and guzzling Starbucks 15 minutes late to work.

Like everything else, there are degrees of intoxication, from "barely affected", to "can't remember if it's the red light or the green light that means 'Stop'".

Also, while a mildly intoxicated driver may be able to cope safely with normal traffic situations, it's the unexpected emergency situation, where all the driver's attention and skill is required, that makes someone impaired for any reason unable to respond as quickly and correctly as they should.

Would you want to be the person saying, "I ALMOST missed that kid chasing the ball onto the street. I know I would not have hit him if I hadn't had that joint (or that beer, for that matter)"?

• Moderators
Well, first off, shooting the guests who are in your yard would violate Southern norms of hospitality, wouldn't it?

Your right, even when I wanted to shoot a 2 legged guest in the @ss I didn't. But I have been trained/married for 35 years, I'm a slow learner.

Personally I think the whole weed thing is crazy, after many years of personal extensive testing it's alcohol that is the much bigger problem. And for the people who say it's not they obviously have no experience, gateway drug, addicting, more dangerous and leads to crime is all :pwk_bs: imo

Personally I think the whole weed thing is crazy, after many years of personal extensive testing it's alcohol that is the much bigger problem. And for the people who say it's not they obviously have no experience, gateway drug, addicting, more dangerous and leads to crime is all :pwk_bs: imo

I agree. Also, illegal pot is how most people, young or old, first come into contact with criminals. Legal pot should put an end to that.

Anyway, milk is the #1 gateway drug. Nearly every drug addict started out on milk. It leads to crime, too. Nearly all bank robbers and carjackers drank milk in their formative years, and eventually they became criminals. Q.E.D.

I agree. Also, illegal pot is how most people, young or old, first come into contact with criminals. Legal pot should put an end to tha

I agree, most people I have known who are into smoking are not interested in trying anything else, and would never have the opportunity to do so if they were not buying it from a drug dealer who wants you to try the other more addictve drugs.