What is you favorite Klipschorn Network?

Max2

I picked up some Khorns with AK-2's and the mid is a few db lower compared to my LaScala's with AL-3's, hence they aren't matching up well. I have just a couple of hours experience with these Khorns and would like to hear what traditional crossovers the seasoned Khorn owner prefers. Im not after any boutique style networks as I want to stay with something somewhat close to the original offering with this line and money is a little short now after the purchase. I will likely change the tweeters to the Crites 125's and get one of Bobs Networks. I am more focused on the two channel listening since I picked these up, but I do miss the more pronounced mid output that I was used to with my Lascala's and the AL-3's.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Budman has the dubious distinction of having both versions - a pair of ALK Universals for his Klipschorns and a pair for his Cornwalls.

I personally prefer the Type A built my way. I have a small room and like to listen at lower levels, and nothing touches that network for that kind of listening.

The different K and LS xovers go with the evolution of mid and tweeter drivers. My K and LS came with 'AA' xovers and K55V and K77 alnico drivers. Newer K and LS had K55M mid range and K77M tweeters. Crossovers such as AK and AL( 2,3) went with these M drivers.

You could run any sort of older xover and get some ? result. I suggest updating your K to AK-3 if you want to match your LS AL-3 sound.

The K55M is the ceramic magnet version of the Alnico dual phase plug version of the K55V. When Klipsch went to the dual phase plug version of the K55V, they made no changes to the filter - they stayed with the Type AA.

There is virtually no difference between the drivers.

Of interest is that the AK-2 is set 6dB down in the midrange (like the Cornwall), while the AK-3 is 4dB down - and they both use the same driver.