Little bass from K-horns

loudandclear

Hello everyone, wondering if a Yamaha 5150 home theater receiver is too poor of a receiver to push the bottom end of K-horns? The bass is almost non-existent. The highs and mids are good. I am waiting to pick up a Sansui 9090 just haven't got it yet. Also would length of speaker lead have a direct bearing on this issue? It is 16 ga. approx 35 ft. P.S. I understand this receiver is way less than ideal but just want to see if this is what is causing poor bass response. Thanks

Could be a lot of things...polarity on speakers.....on drivers in woofer chamber.....loudness switch on receiver ......need a little more info. I got mine running on HK 430 with 24 watts and that's more than enough. Maybe a pic if you can figure out how to do it there is a link to show you. Rick

Does your receiver have the feature to set them to full range? Are they set up that way? Do you have a subwoofer?

That's what I was thinking. I peeked a the Yamaha manual, and you need to set the [MAIN (MAIN SPEAKERS)] as "LARGE". You should set the [bASS (LFE/BASS OUT)] to "SW".

Here is why:

[MAIN (MAIN SPEAKERS)]

LARGE: Select this position if your main speakers have high ability for bass reproduction. In this position, full-range signals present on the main channels are output from the main speakers

[bASS (LFE/BASS OUT)]

...When the LARGE position is selected for "MAIN", in the SW position, no signal is distributed from the main channels to the SUBWOOFER OUTPUT terminal...

What year are your Khorns? 6 ohms DCR indicates an 8 ohm woofer. The DCR of a Khorn woofer should be 3.2 ohms, unless a change has been made on the newer models. I am unaware of any such change.

Yes, what year are they? You may need to update the crossovers!

Old Caps = low bass!

Dennie ;)