The Klipsch Audio Community
Tarheel

Cables, Coffee, and Cocktails

1 minute ago, dtel said:

Had no idea, there is a resemblance.

lightned it a little for you

0603002257.jpg.90a023966cfc343fa91ed39df8b00306.jpg

he is a true red neck ....

some people stick bullet hole stickers... on their vehicle...

Cory... just shoots his bed of his truck..

• Haha 6

He just wants to keep it authentic with all the fake stuff out there today. 

Still better than someone else doing it, especially with him in it.

• Like 2

Looks a little like his dad.

48 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

he is a true red neck ....

how long did it take his dad to grow out of it? lol

trying to noodle out horn dynamics.... relating it to brass instruments. My head hurts.  That's just from thinking about it. Haven't looked anything up.  I learn enough to go "That can be done easier/better". I tend to be a tinkerer by nature.  A little sub... might have to be a wall mount. 8ft X 8ft and 6inches deep/thick.

@jimjimbo

don't worry. I am not thinking of cutting those LS apart.

• Like 3

Ok ... idiot of the day award goes to me.  I grab a beer and a bottle of water and head to the bedroom.  Then i get distracted and toss the bottle of water AND the beer onto the bed. Then I realize that the beer was already open and the entire beer has now emptied onto my bed.  My laptop is wet; but, still working.  i’m behind on the laundry of spare linen, so i’m sleeping in the recliner tonight.  

I deserve it ... and i deserve another beer since i didn’t get to drink that one.

Somedays i just want to give up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

51 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

Ok ... idiot of the day award goes to me.  I grab a beer and a bottle of water and head to the bedroom.  Then i get distracted and toss the bottle of water AND the beer onto the bed. Then I realize that the beer was already open and the entire beer has now emptied onto my bed.  My laptop is wet; but, still working.  i’m behind on the laundry of spare linen, so i’m sleeping in the recliner tonight.  

I deserve it ... and i deserve another beer since i didn’t get to drink that one.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Now that's a commercial for BigStewMan, Mr ketchup.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, dtel said:

Had no idea, there is a resemblance.

lightned it a little for you

0603002257.jpg.90a023966cfc343fa91ed39df8b00306.jpg

They're still cute!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

warmin' up today.  105` in Tucson

.... in the "heat index", does wind cause the index to go up or down?  I know, from riding a motorcycle, that it is quite comfortable up to 100` [with our "humidity"]... then the breeze ceases to feel good.  Turns HOT.

Juggling the speakers in the doghouse around. I have corners to work with.  Getting them to sound the same is tricky as...  I'm sure there is good reason for the rear port, but ....

and my bottomless cup of coffee i still empty.  Good help is so hard to find.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

=== consider yourself lucky the beer emptied itself “prior” to consumption. To your embarrassment it may work in reverse as the years pile on —😨

• Haha 4

10 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

My laptop is wet; but, still working.

I bet the keys get sticky when it dries.

when I was flying/crashing R/C helicopter, we had a procedure for drying out wet electronics. Beer, IDK.  I had a cordless phone [not iphone/cell] that survived the dunk test.

...... because I didn't read the book.

What does it say about having dampening material behind a rear ported speaker? ... a foot away, in the corner.  I seem to be hearing more bottom.

wasn't by design. Circumstance.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, dtel said:

Now that's a commercial for BigStewMan, Mr ketchup.

when i was a kid, my mom threatened to give me just a bowl of ketchup for dinner -- i was so excited.

• Haha 4

A long time ago my wife was sick so her sister volunteered to cook spaghetti, she used ketchup as the sauce, the first taste was rather shocking, nobody could eat it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

that sounds like my wife's approach to Italian...   lol

she's good for curries. Her aunt raised her. I don't think AuntRuby was a very good cook.

one day I was making sauce

took a taste and near tossed my cookies

tasted like tomato "soup"... I hate that stuff.   worse that catsup/ketchup   I will use catsup once in a while... Eat tomato soup... not unless under severe duress.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dtel said:

A long time ago my wife was sick so her sister volunteered to cook spaghetti, she used ketchup as the sauce, the first taste was rather shocking, nobody could eat it.

Bet i could’ve.  i’ve been known to eat ketchup straight up.  The wonder of ketchup is that food is optional. there should be a separate thread about ketchup.

• Haha 2

58 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

that sounds like my wife's approach to Italian...   lol

she's good for curries. Her aunt raised her. I don't think AuntRuby was a very good cook.

one day I was making sauce

took a taste and near tossed my cookies

tasted like tomato "soup"... I hate that stuff.   worse that catsup/ketchup   I will use catsup once in a while... Eat tomato soup... not unless under severe duress.

Man are we miles apart.  I love tomato soup and ketchup on everything ... well, not quite everything.  All meat, potatoes, pasta, macaroni salad,  Funny story, my cousins were visiting while my brother was in the hospital. We went out to eat and the server brings the ketchup to the table and places it in front of me.  My cousin looks at her and says, “You’re going to need more than that."

I may be on the wall of fame at Johnny Rocket’s in Long Beach ... i once used an entire bottle on my fries. 

• Haha 3

I really like it also, especially with either a bunch of Sriracha or horseradish and a little lemon juice and always a little more salt.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

We went out to eat and the server brings the ketchup to the table and places it in front of me.

They must have known you.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dtel said:

They must have known you.

at some places, yes.  but at this time, they asked if i wanted ketchup.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Sancho Panza said:

Who'd want to ruin food with catch up?

i don’t waste perfectly good ketchup on crappy food.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1