The Klipsch Audio Community
Tarheel

Cables, Coffee, and Cocktails

On 12/24/2019 at 5:35 PM, dtel said:

got bJust glad you were not hurt, they say more people are hurt or killed when they try to miss the deer and end up off the road. 

And like you said glad it did not end up in the car, I have never been in a car when the airbags go off either, probably feels like you were hit with a deer ?

If you only had this book  

51ZIIIV9p6L.jpg

100% correct Eldon

Carl,  you should have got the backstraps and inside loins before they got bloody. 

Mark

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

On 12/25/2019 at 8:44 AM, MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE said:

Happy Holidays my friends 

MKP 🙂

Merry Christmas Mark!

Hope everything is OK, I haven't seen you around for a while

Mark

• Like 5

With the rain and cold, I got some unplanned activity. About the last thing I wanted to do in the sleet and rain ... dig up the septic tank. I kinda saw it coming. Hoping things would dry out enough to not need.

Boy is off today. Of things he might have planned, I bet backfilling the septic tank was not anywhere near the top on his list.

• Sad 3

9 hours ago, ZEUS121996 said:

Nice buck on the right. Get him!

Mark

He's a ten point a couple years old, the bigger ones must have been Canyoneroed.

Upper eastern Piedmont towards Raleigh they're 30% bigger than at any age here in the 60s burbs 20 miles inside the city limits now.

• Like 3

Greetings to all from Peru. I´ve been incommunicado as they say down here enjoying Christmas with my family. So it´s late but Merry Christmas to all. @CECAA850 Glad you´re OK after your encounter with Buck. And @MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE it´s good to see you posting again.

My MIL is frail and very weak, confined to a hospital type bed but at least she is here with us at my brother and sister in laws home. Pray for her, Teresa, if you are so inclined. Thank you.

Meanwhile it is my niece´s husband´s 40 th birthday today so sorry to say more partying is in order. Tomorrow we will probably head out to the beach house 50 or 60 miles south of here. To all a safe and Happy New Year

• Like 9

1 hour ago, babadono said:

My MIL is frail and very weak, confined to a hospital type bed but at least she is here with us at my brother and sister in laws home. Pray for her, Teresa, if you are so inclined. Thank you.

Meanwhile it is my niece´s husband´s 40 th birthday today so sorry to say more partying is in order. Tomorrow we will probably head out to the beach house 50 or 60 miles south of here. To all a safe and Happy New Year

Feliz Ano Nuevo to you too

Your MIL is on my prayer list.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, babadono said:

And @MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE it´s good to see you posting again.

Thank you my friend.....good to posting again.

2 hours ago, babadono said:

My MIL is frail and very weak, confined to a hospital type bed but at least she is here with us at my brother and sister in laws home. Pray for her, Teresa,

Prays and good vibes coming..

MKP

• Like 3

15 hours ago, ZEUS121996 said:

Merry Christmas Mark!

Hope everything is OK, I haven't seen you around for a while

Mark

Thank you Mark.

Just dealing with the curve balls that life throws at ya.... but we are good..

MKP 

• Like 2

Good Sunday my peeps, hope all is good. 

today is a rainy and cool, got a fire going and a few watts going to the Chours I's and that's about all the excitement happening here...

6 hours ago, grasshopper said:

With the rain and cold, I got some unplanned activity. About the last thing I wanted to do in the sleet and rain ... dig up the septic tank. I kinda saw it coming. Hoping things would dry out enough to not need.

Boy is off today. Of things he might have planned, I bet backfilling the septic tank was not anywhere near the top on his list.

Oh Nooooo

I feel your pain.... Such crapp!!! our septic took a chit several back.... That dug into my pocket..

Good luck...

Later...

MKP

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE said:

Good Sunday my peeps, hope all is good. 

today is a rainy and cool, got a fire going and a few watts going to the Chours I's and that's about all the excitement happening here...

Good luck...

Later...

MKP

Same here, except the added layer of fun ... doing laundry!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Fun?? I've learned to ignore those beepin tunes the machines play.

I know they both quit a while ago. I've adopted a "Colombo" mentality with my clothes.

As long as they're clean... I'm good.

But how bad can blue jeans and t-shirts get?

Not bad at all when you're on weekend standard time!

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

I've adopted a "Colombo" mentality with my clothes.

As long as they're clean... I'm good.

Me too. Maybe a little "to the edge".

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

When you're up at five and busy since......

Lunchtime comes more quickly.

It didn't rise right, the corn meal said use by 10-19... I guess they really meant it. It's very good anyhow.

Ripe j a p s and sharp white cheddar with Eastern NC barbecue.

& of course half sweet Luzianne!

IMG-20191230-102345.jpg

• Like 4

On 12/29/2019 at 11:19 AM, babadono said:

Greetings to all from Peru. 

Hope the MIL does better, and have a good trip.

Haven't been here much either, had a friend and his wife here for a few days and have been a little busy, football and some music, it's been fun.  

Back to somewhat normal now, and some work.

• Like 3

Happily New Year's Eve

I might be awake to ring the new one in .. after a nap. I'm a real  party animal

Boy had guests out on the archery range and suffered an accident. Got poked by an arrow ... self-inflicted. Hang on ... it gets better. The nock end into his leg. Stabbed himself pulling arrows from a target. Tugged on one to dislodge it. It came .. too easy and his leg was in the way...

I asked him if he learned anything. Sympathy is not my strong suit where self-inflicted wound are concerned...

I see more thrill seekers getting into trouble.  Not much sympathy for them, either. I do have a question concerning them ... Who pays for their rescue/s?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

Happily New Year's Eve

I might be awake to ring the new one in .. after a nap. I'm a real  party animal

Boy had guests out on the archery range and suffered an accident. Got poked by an arrow ... self-inflicted. Hang on ... it gets better. The nock end into his leg. Stabbed himself pulling arrows from a target. Tugged on one to dislodge it. It came .. too easy and his leg was in the way...

I asked him if he learned anything. Sympathy is not my strong suit where self-inflicted wound are concerned...

I see more thrill seekers getting into trouble.  Not much sympathy for them, either. I do have a question concerning them ... Who pays for their rescue/s?

Same to you WillyBob!  It will be raining cardboard wrapper pieces in twelve hours here!

Ouch, some of those have some nasty hooks on the backs of the head, Hope he did the douse of alcohol and soap and water, punctures can take a while to heal.

As for the thrillseekers who don't have the ability to recognize their limits and the billing?  Glad that when I over extended my abilities on that 600 lb 150 hp bike I got luckyB). Pine needle covered asphalt on a 90 degree turn across from the Rockefeller Mansion in Daytona Hwy 40. That is embedded in my mind forever

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Mentioned to the wife that I am a crown scene of the Barbara Streisand/KrisKristopherson remake of A Star is Born... so she recorded it. While I was showing her the scene I was in, noticed a, what looks like an LS on the stage when KK has the motorcycle up there. The LF section, at least. No horns in the HF section.

were there other folded horn speakers?

• Like 2

Will be staying in tonight....works for me.  Bought shrimp and crab cakes for dinner and then an early night with a Jack Reacher novel.  Life in the slow lane!  LF likes to watch the fireworks/celebrations in other countries that get to midnight before us.

So happy New Years eve to the CC&C gents.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Will be staying in tonight.

No need going out on amateur night.

• Like 4