Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Winning Lottery tickets sold in Texas, and North Carolina.  Where are my friends from those states, did they win.  Oh Tarheel buddy ole pale, you by chance didn't win a 1/3rd of the power ball did you.  If so I hope your remember your friends over here on the Klipsch forum. 

• Like 5

Morning guys....

Well I didn't win the power balll.......so I still owe, off to work I go.....

Still lots of work at the shop. Getting ready to walk the grandkids to the bus stop. Then I will roll out to the shop.

I'm going to fix my 2nd cup for me and the wife.

Check in later, have a good day to all......

MKP :-)

• Like 7

I got 3 pounds of beans in the mail yesterday.  Gotta finish this stupid can of grocery store stuff before I can start grinding them up.  2 pounds of Kona await also.  I guess I could have worse problems.  If anyone wants some really good beans, roasted right before the order goes out, look up Lola Savana out of Houston.  Shipping was 10 dollars for 3 lbs and the coffee was $7/lb.  Hard to beat it.

Happy Thursday, today is my Friday as I'm off tomorrow.  3 day weekend!!

• Like 7

Gary I'm painting the room a Golden Cactus Flower.....trying to not be as conservative as previous attempts.  The large foyer will be Golden Kiwi.....a bit lighter.  The gold tone will pick up the fine line in the fabric of the dining room chairs.

Used a Sherwin Williams visualizer program to see how it would look.  It will be a change from the boring color on the walls now.

Wish me luck!

One week and $417 later.......

post-17365-0-66840000-1423751116_thumb.j

post-17365-0-36160000-1423751142_thumb.j

post-17365-0-66960000-1423751164_thumb.j

• Like 8

First room of the painting project done.  Sanding drywall created lots of dust.  LF and I spent yesterday cleaning.  She washed all dishes, leaded crystal, candle sticks.  I vacuumed and mopped twice, changed intake filters, and changed out receptacle to bright white color.  This morning I cleaned and rehung pictures.  Next week I get the painter started on the foyer and hallway :wacko:

The DAC arrived yesterday and I was too tired to mess with it but my curiosity got the better of me so I hooked it up.  Played some premium Spotify for a couple of hours.  Sounds pretty good.  Got to go find a coaxial cable to hook it up to the CDP.  LF is taking the old DAC to the post office to send to Chuck in CO.  Threw in an extra cable so he can go right to work with it.

Nice casa Earl! 

Cheers :emotion-44: Gents

• Like 5

The wife is happy, im not into wine myself

What is that lavaulin then that you drink sometime if not wine...Mark?

Guinness, Stella, Smithwicks, Corona, DosXX, Dhalwinnie, Lagavulin, and sample other single Malts now and then  :emotion-21: 

As you can see, NO Domestics means very little Chemicals if any.

• Like 5

I got 3 pounds of beans in the mail yesterday.  Gotta finish this stupid can of grocery store stuff before I can start grinding them up.  2 pounds of Kona await also.  I guess I could have worse problems.  If anyone wants some really good beans, roasted right before the order goes out, look up Lola Savana out of Houston.  Shipping was 10 dollars for 3 lbs and the coffee was $7/lb.  Hard to beat it.

Happy Thursday, today is my Friday as I'm off tomorrow.  3 day weekend!!

That IS a good deal :emotion-21:

• Like 6

What kind of walnuts?  We have about 50 - 150 lbs of black walnuts a year after husking.  The kids pick them up and we haul them down to the feed store where they remove the fruit and pay the kids around 10 - 15 bucks or so for their trouble.  Lot of labor for the money but it saves me from a bumpy ride on the riding mower and it teaches them a bit about work.

I saved a bag for toasting last year but shelling was such a disaster I quit and fed the rest to the squirrels. They must have appreciated that the fruit had been removed and the nuts had been nicely toasted in their shells because they were all gone by the next day.

Do not know what they are, ill ask the wife/farmers.

• Like 6

Lagavulin, and sample other single Malts now and then :emotion-21:

Mark supports the good folks here :)

lagavulin-0042.jpg

Was there in 82, this one of the few places i remember going in, but NOT coming out, woke up in my Flat and everyone had a different version of what happened. sample i did :wacko:

• Like 6