Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Most I drank was in my early 20's. Five cups a day.

:o I drink more than that now, but I could see where that would be a lot with the energy of a 20 year old, it does not have that effect on me at 57, I drink coffee until I go to bed. :mellow:  :D

Oh no two cups a day for me.....anymore and I would be climbing the walls.........it gets me all "jacked-up". Now my wife can drink coffee at night and have no problem sleeping.

MKP :-)

• Like 5

How cold is it?

It's f**king cold!

(Finking)

Move on down here.....everybody else has.  LF lives in a gated community 20 miles away where all the homes have the owner's name and where they are from on a placard in the front yard.  I think I went by 23 houses before I saw someone from the south :mellow:  

• Like 6

Retirees it's Friday!

Cold here as is much of the east coast.  Windy and 30 degrees.

Breaking in the dac yesterday I played it loud and long until I hear a small pop and later a louder pop.  Noticed one power tube in the mono amps burning much brighter than the other three.  Replaced that tube and cut off the other amp.  Played fine and I noticed the top of the removed tube was smoked up inside.  The others were clear so having the giant size brain I do I surmised that this was the offending tube.  So now I have three quads of power tubes with one or two bad tubes in each quad.  I need one JJ KT-77, one Tesla EL34, and two EH6550 if anyone has spares they want to sell.

So I hooked the dac up to the Pioneer SX-950 and the lap top for now. 

Plans for the weekend guys?

Cheers :emotion-44:Gents

• Like 5

Ok for all you evening nappers out there and you know who you are, :o  here is some good news.

https://www.yahoo.com/health/go-on-take-a-nap-its-good-for-your-immune-110648301107.html

Who naps around here???.......Mark Mark...did you here that? lo lol

Morning gang.....

Man it is some kind of cold......the shop heaters will pumping today for sure. Working on the 2nd cup, will roll out after that.

Me and the wife got some cheesesteaks for dinner last night, man I like those things. We have not eatin out in quite some time....so they were really good.

Wishing you all a good day.....check-in later....

MKP :-)

• Like 5

Most I drank was in my early 20's. Five cups a day.

:o I drink more than that now, but I could see where that would be a lot with the energy of a 20 year old, it does not have that effect on me at 57, I drink coffee until I go to bed. :mellow:  :D

Cannot seem to get over 3 nowadays. I was always likely to not sleep with over 2 cups a day, especially with one in the afternoon,evening. Now I can sleep better on coffee.

I see now that I was a coffee drinker when younger, now I just plod along... :emotion-44:

Semiretired here still so, guess I will be doing my Sat/Sun job but...I don't want to think about it.

• Like 6

Retirees it's Friday!

Cold here as is much of the east coast.  Windy and 30 degrees.

Breaking in the dac yesterday I played it loud and long until I hear a small pop and later a louder pop.  Noticed one power tube in the mono amps burning much brighter than the other three.  Replaced that tube and cut off the other amp.  Played fine and I noticed the top of the removed tube was smoked up inside.  The others were clear so having the giant size brain I do I surmised that this was the offending tube.  So now I have three quads of power tubes with one or two bad tubes in each quad.  I need one JJ KT-77, one Tesla EL34, and two EH6550 if anyone has spares they want to sell.

So I hooked the dac up to the Pioneer SX-950 and the lap top for now. 

Plans for the weekend guys?

Cheers :emotion-44:Gents

http://www.vacuumtubes.com/

These guys are close to you, try them.

• Like 5

Happy Friday gang. Our weather has been spectacular all week, but fear not, they're talking about some snow early next week and March is traditionally our big snow month. We need it to fill the reservoirs and avoid restrictions from the 'water police' (polite term) in the summer.

Chuck, sorry about your tube issues. My tube knowledge is zip ... wish I could help.

Gotta get the Valentine's flowers and cards today. Planning on spending most of tomorrow with my lady.

Try to check back in a while. Cheers to all. Enjoy the day.

• Like 5