Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Mornin' all. Running late ... seriously slept in this morning.

Me too...-10 degrees...up to feed the woodburning stoves, take a leak, back to bed and now just finished biscuits & gravy an on my last cup o' joe.   One of those days I think I could have stayed in bed and dozed in & out all day.

• Like 6

Mornin' all. Running late ... seriously slept in this morning.

Me too...-10 degrees...up to feed the woodburning stoves, take a leak, back to bed and now just finished biscuits & gravy an on my last cup o' joe.   One of those days I think I could have stayed in bed and dozed in & out all day.

That sounds like my norm Monday/Tuesday  :emotion-21:

Just got up from morning Nap.

Cold coffee/Duggans/Brownies :emotion-21: 

• Like 7

Good afternoon my friends / coffee lovers................. :emotion-44:

We had MORE snow last night and today, lots of wind and blowing white outs !  Still have to run the snowblower, but waiting for a little calm.   Was going to roof rake a bit too.   Well, morning coffee still around at this late hour, sipping and working on upgrades to a 2004 Dell PC.   Cloning in a NEW 1TB drive...  It is good to have a spare just in case, no ?

Thanks for the comments on the preamp work.   I got to send the rest to you in the finished stage.   It was tested last night, but something was amiss.  The volume control still did not seem right.   First chance I got after breakfast, I looked at my photos from a few weeks back when I started that project.

HA!  Silly me, one wire was reversed on the right channel pot !!    So, did the quick fix and channels are all balanced now.  I need to look into cleaning up the AC in the system now.   Got ground loop issues that need to be addressed.

Ok, enjoy your day everyone...............more later.....

..........gw

• Like 4

Cold and clear this morning.  May do a little volunteer work at the library.

Spent Saturday night with sister and bro-in-law in Myrtle Beach.  Cold and windy though some folks were walking on the beach...some barefoot. Figured they must be Canadian. 

Ordered new replacement tubes from tubedepot for two quads of power tubes (KT-77 and 6550).

Coffee done and Jake walked.

Stay warm and as always.....

Cheers :emotion-44: Gents

• Like 6

Hey guys....

Yea Monday.............................

Working on 2nd cup and getting ready to roll out. Man it was/is some kind of cold,those shop heaters will be working overtime today.

Looks like we are going to get some snow here, the weather man is saying 4" to 6" here. We will see.

OK gang gotta roll check in later.

MKP :-)

• Like 4

made a meatloaf with ground beef, Italian sausage and a bunch of other stuff

Would like a recipe for a good meatloaf, I am doing another bbq comp in a few weeks, and this time will plan to cook something for myself.  As last time, I didn't have enough to eat through out the day.

• Like 5

Would like a recipe for a good meatloaf, I am doing another bbq comp in a few weeks, and this time will plan to cook something for myself.  As last time, I didn't have enough to eat through out the day.

Wish I could give you an actual recipe, but I sorta cook by feel when it comes to meatloaf. Anyway, I use 2 lbs of 80/20 ground beef, 1 lb of hot Italian sausage, 2 eggs, a liberal dose of garlic powder or minced garlic, a sprinkling of kosher salt, a liberal dose of black coarsely ground pepper, chopped onion or onion powder to taste, a splash of a savory (not sweet) bbq sauce, and a splash of half and half. Mix thoroughly by hand (washed!) in a large mixing bowl then transfer and form into a loaf on a baking pan with edges. Place strips of bacon length-wise across the top and sides of the loaf.  Bake at about 375 for 50 minutes to about 120 degrees internal temp (instant read thermometer). Switch oven temp to Broil and pour bbq sauce over the loaf. Bake about 5 more minutes to get the bacon crisped and the bbq sauce jelled. Remove from oven and let it rest for about 10 minutes.

In our oven, this results in a medium rare to medium meatloaf. Adjust baking times if you want it more well done, etc.

When rested, move the loaf from the pan to another pan or a double layer of foil for slicing. The original pan will have a bunch of grease. I use a large, wide spatula to transfer the meatloaf to the second pan or foil.

I always use 80/20 ground beef from the butcher case cause it's fresher and I really dislike the consistency of the stuff that comes in plastic tubes. You can use leaner beef if you want, but it lacks the flavor of the 80/20. (Bobby Flay always recommends 80/20. :P ). A lot of folks use dried bread crumbs but we've cut them out due to gluten free diets. Up to you. Make any adjustments you need to based on your oven. Some seem to cook hotter than others.

Edited by ChuckAb3
  • Like 5

Easy, change only the Meat, we use Bison, Ground and for sale everywhere, we have been using this instead of ground beef for the better part of 20+ years.

Bison, Buffalo, is bad azz, and waaay better fer ya :emotion-21:

• Like 5

Thank for posting that recipe Chuck.  Like the hot Italian sausage addition.  Will try it some day.  Never been a big meatloaf fan.  Not that I don't like it, just typically seems bland & dry.

Word of wisdom..."Never let your meat loaf"!

Bison, Buffalo, is bad azz, and waaay better fer ya  :emotion-21:     YES sir Mark...& venison!

• Like 3

Thank for posting that recipe Chuck.  Like the hot Italian sausage addition.  Will try it some day.  Never been a big meatloaf fan.  Not that I don't like it, just typically seems bland & dry.

Word of wisdom..."Never let your meat loaf"!

Bison, Buffalo, is bad azz, and waaay better fer ya  :emotion-21:     YES sir Mark...& venison!

Venison is excellent, just cannot get that year round.

• Like 6

due to gluten free diets

Is that by force, or by choice.  I asked as my wife found out she was allergic to wheat, though not necessarily  gluten but going gluten free just makes it easier.

By choice. I was just way overweight and gluten free goes well with low carb. If you try the recipe, I've revised it a couple of times since I keep forgetting stuff.

• Like 5