Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Happy Friday gang. Busy but easy day. Switching back to the cable company as an ISP this morning. Phone company can't/won't give us enough juice in their DSL product to stream movies at the highest resolution in our HT and Netflix is often not even available. Feel a little bad since I am a phone industry retiree. We're keeping our TV provider (DirectTV) however.

Looks like we're in for a big snow weekend so we'll get the grocery run done today. As always, our crack weather forecasters are highly suspect in terms of accuracy but best not to take chances on needing a dog sled to get groceries tomorrow. Baxter just refuses to work that hard, even for groceries.

Will try to check back later.

• Like 5

Love that semi chrome, it can take aluminum to an almost chrome appearance, hate the fingerprints left behind after touching the finish  :angry: , always something to ruin the moment

I recall my one and only visit to the harley shop for maintenance, I went to pick up the bike and went off......................Mechanics left hand prints all over everything, took the bike straight home and did my own service work from then on, I was also unhappy with the 100+ charge for an oil change on a brand new bike bought at the shop that did the work

Morning guys.

Joe that's not good I hate that kind of crapp. When someone brings a car in my shop there will be NO dirt, finger prints or smudges left by me. Some of my customers own $50 Acura RL's and I tell ya one finger print left on there car and they will not be back.

Not to blow my own horn.....but my attention to detail is 2nd to none. I'm one of the cleanest mechanics you will ever find, I wash my hands so much I loose count.....if I get really dirty on a job I will change my cloths before I get back in the car. Anyway I don't mean to go off......but how many times have you had to pay for something and the person your dealing just doesn't give a chitt. Let me tell ya when this happens to me I have a secret weapon............it's called my wife.....lol lol.

Ok that's enough.....2nd cup down....rolling out to the shop, a good day to all.

MKP :-)

• Like 5

Met two other old geezers for breakfast at 8:00.  12 degrees and the restaurant was packed.  Saw the fountain at the Arboretum was frozen and took a couple of pics.  How cold is it?  If you pee outside you have to be backing up so it doesn't freeze to you :wacko:

Anyone know Spotify?  Trying to figure out how to delete a playlist and change the name of a playlist.

LF gone till Tuesday :(  :)

Plans for the weekend guys?

Time for cup three.

Cheers :emotion-44: Gents

post-17365-0-66920000-1424441461_thumb.j

post-17365-0-23000000-1424441482_thumb.j

• Like 9

HELLO FELLA'S

Early morning Had to deal with the counties money making scheme

Must get car emission tested, cost 14.00..........1 location in the county. (not required in the next county, so cross an imaginary line and the emissions must no longer be a threat) anyway if your car fails, they reschedule you and you go spend $$$, The fllyer LITERALLY STATES "If you fail a second time you can show the reciepts for repairs and IF YOU SPENT ENOUGH and you still dont pass you can have a waiver"  :pwk_bs:  I cry  :pwk_bs:

There is no other possible explanation the county saw an opportunity to extort some extra $$$$  from the citizens 

At least the car I was there with passed, The county employees treat you like a prisoner as well :angry:  I long for the day I can put Maryland in my rearview mirror, never to return

• Like 5

Met two other old geezers for breakfast at 8:00.  12 degrees and the restaurant was packed.  Saw the fountain at the Arboretum was frozen and took a couple of pics.  How cold is it?  If you pee outside you have to be backing up so it doesn't freeze to you :wacko:

Anyone know Spotify?  Trying to figure out how to delete a playlist and change the name of a playlist.

LF gone till Tuesday :(  :)

Plans for the weekend guys?

Time for cup three.

Cheers :emotion-44: Gents

come on !!! everybody knows that pee has salt in it. If you pee into a stainless steel sieve over a bucket (on a cold day) it's a simple way to separate the salt into the sieve and the water into the bucket.

• Like 4

Love that semi chrome, it can take aluminum to an almost chrome appearance, hate the fingerprints left behind after touching the finish  :angry: , always something to ruin the moment

I recall my one and only visit to the harley shop for maintenance, I went to pick up the bike and went off......................Mechanics left hand prints all over everything, took the bike straight home and did my own service work from then on, I was also unhappy with the 100+ charge for an oil change on a brand new bike bought at the shop that did the work

Morning guys.

Joe that's not good I hate that kind of crapp. When someone brings a car in my shop there will be NO dirt, finger prints or smudges left by me. Some of my customers own $50 Acura RL's and I tell ya one finger print left on there car and they will not be back.

Not to blow my own horn.....but my attention to detail is 2nd to none. I'm one of the cleanest mechanics you will ever find, I wash my hands so much I loose count.....if I get really dirty on a job I will change my cloths before I get back in the car. Anyway I don't mean to go off......but how many times have you had to pay for something and the person your dealing just doesn't give a chitt. Let me tell ya when this happens to me I have a secret weapon............it's called my wife.....lol lol.

Ok that's enough.....2nd cup down....rolling out to the shop, a good day to all.

the best customer is a return customer.

• Like 3

HELLO FELLA'S

Early morning Had to deal with the counties money making scheme

Must get car emission tested, cost 14.00..........1 location in the county. (not required in the next county, so cross an imaginary line and the emissions must no longer be a threat) anyway if your car fails, they reschedule you and you go spend $$$, The fllyer LITERALLY STATES "If you fail a second time you can show the reciepts for repairs and IF YOU SPENT ENOUGH and you still dont pass you can have a waiver"  :pwk_bs:  I cry  :pwk_bs:

There is no other possible explanation the county saw an opportunity to extort some extra $$$$  from the citizens 

At least the car I was there with passed, The county employees treat you like a prisoner as well :angry:  I long for the day I can put Maryland in my rearview mirror, never to return

I thought it was a state wide law in md......wrong again! required here in fredneck also.

• Like 3

Good evening,

Was heating a half a cup of leftover coffee on the stove and unintentionally scalded it. Drank it anyway, Had a nice nutty scalded taste to it.

Been moving some audio out of the proposed music room for Goodwill. Ran into more cables... :unsure:

31/2 cups and :emotion-44: not counting... :emotion-44:  :emotion-44: coffee sustaining activities.

• Like 6

Evening Gang, finished off the last cup of Joe an hour ago.

Long day on home projects, spring weather is nuts, hell i thought i had another month or two.

Listening to the news last night, i finely caught what this Port Strike is all about, the Union Guys dont like the Arbitrators !! hired by the companys.

Unoins are wearing out their need.

• Like 7

Long day on home projects, spring weather is nuts, hell i thought i had another month or two.

Listening to the news last night, i finely caught what this Port Strike is all about, the Union Guys dont like the Arbitrators !! hired by the companys.

I have a set of break kits, and 2 tires sitting on the dock. We a losing rents do to this strike. They need to figure out what they want and fast. My dad is a union fork truck driver. His medical is paid for, and he makes more than me per hour. I don't get how a fork truck driver makes more than a skilled labor, or a supervisor for that matter. Edited by duder1982
  • Like 5

I have a set of break kits, and 2 tires setting on the dock. We a losing rents do to this strike. They need to figure out what they want and fast. My dad is a union fork truck driver. His medical is paid for, and he makes more than me per hour. I don't get how a fork truck driver makes more than a skilled labor, or a supervisor for that matter.

Well it's interesting i heard that on the news last night and just posted it today, now i just heard on the news, Strike is Over :emotion-21:

• Like 6

Good evening guys,

Getting ready to roll out back to the house......yea I'm still at the shop. ......and I'll be back in here Sat & Sun. Just trying to get caught up. But I will taking Tue off, going to Philly...... China Town. Oh yea going to get me some good eats.

Check in a bit later when I'm chilling in bed.

Edited by MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE
  • Like 6

Well working on the first cup, breakfast down the hatch.  After another cup or 2, its off to the store to beat the crowd before the snow comes in.  Lots of other things planned for today, should be meeting up with etc after 3.  We will be heading down to a local who has a museum of goodies.  Hopefully the own is around to give us a tour.  

• Like 4