Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Love that semi chrome, it can take aluminum to an almost chrome appearance, hate the fingerprints left behind after touching the finish  :angry: , always something to ruin the moment

I recall my one and only visit to the harley shop for maintenance, I went to pick up the bike and went off......................Mechanics left hand prints all over everything, took the bike straight home and did my own service work from then on, I was also unhappy with the 100+ charge for an oil change on a brand new bike bought at the shop that did the work

• Like 5

After noon guys.....this is the first chance I got to check-in, was out the house early this morning with coffee to go.

Crazy at the shop.....used car lot guys all over me to get there cars done.......they are "ok" guys......but sometimes they are a god dam pain in my a$$. I do have keep them in check occasionally.....lol lol

OK gotta go....back to the bay.....yea I'll be here late, check in later....

Oh.... Mark your a better man than me.....if that timer goes off on the coffee pot....it's done a fresh must be made.

MKP

reminds me when I did work for some real estate agents......want it done yesterday....and for free!

Angusruler,

That's why I started my own preservation company on my reo properties, darn vendors always having excuses................Actually, I started because I saw how much you guys made, and I had to pay up front for the banks, then got reimbursed from the banks after chasing them for 90 days or so.

yea, I kept my company small...ME....every once in a while I called in some 1099 help.

I was VERY lucky, out of all the customers I had, I only had to go to court once, and the absolutely brilliant her honor saw it my way! no 30/60/90 day crap......1/3 up front, 1/3 midway, and 1/3 when I was done.

I did some work for a preservation comp once and worked on some historic houses, very challenging and satisfying work......when they started calling wash d.c rowhouses "historic," I said see ya!

• Like 4

After noon guys.....this is the first chance I got to check-in, was out the house early this morning with coffee to go.

Crazy at the shop.....used car lot guys all over me to get there cars done.......they are "ok" guys......but sometimes they are a god dam pain in my a$$. I do have keep them in check occasionally.....lol lol

OK gotta go....back to the bay.....yea I'll be here late, check in later....

Oh.... Mark your a better man than me.....if that timer goes off on the coffee pot....it's done a fresh must be made.

MKP

reminds me when I did work for some real estate agents......want it done yesterday....and for free!

Angusruler,

That's why I started my own preservation company on my reo properties, darn vendors always having excuses................Actually, I started because I saw how much you guys made, and I had to pay up front for the banks, then got reimbursed from the banks after chasing them for 90 days or so.

yea, I kept my company small...ME....every once in a while I called in some 1099 help.

I was VERY lucky, out of all the customers I had, I only had to go to court once, and the absolutely brilliant her honor saw it my way! no 30/60/90 day crap......1/3 up front, 1/3 midway, and 1/3 when I was done.

I did some work for a preservation comp once and worked on some historic houses, very challenging and satisfying work......when they started calling wash d.c rowhouses "historic," I said see ya!

Same here with preservation, me and my wife. Occassionally get 1099 help, but no one wants to work full time and be dependable.

I had 5 companies I signed up to for preservation work, and had to back off due to not being able to handle the work load, which was due to workers not showing up.

The companies I work with now are large national companies that sub the work out to me, so it's better where I also don't have to chase the banks for the money.

• Like 5

hate to say it...but the only dependable workers I ever had were my son and immigrants mostly from el Salvador. nice guys and worked their asses off. when I "used" them I always bought lunch. it was like I was buying them a new car or something......always very appreciative.

• Like 4

hate to say it...but the only dependable workers I ever had were my son and immigrants mostly from el Salvador. nice guys and worked their asses off. when I "used" them I always bought lunch. it was like I was buying them a new car or something......always very appreciative.

yep we got em in my neck also, hang in front of Home Depot day laborers.We call em guanachos as a "term of endearment". They work harder than anyone else I've ever had work with me.

Just perked up a fresh pot of the Dickinsons Blend, will be playin and learning audio clipping/Wave/MP3 Bites that i need for the boat project.

Got home after a great flyin day, 4Hrs round trip w/lunch on the coast (Ft Bragg).

So i get home and dig into the boat Dash woodwork, having a beer, notice a fairly new honda pull up across the street, hummm, dont see that to often, no biggie i keep my eye on it, just about that time another car pulls up behind him, guy comes out, gun,radio the full Cop belt, guy in first car jumps in with cop, they take off, car is still there as of now.

Im thinkin Bait Car?

• Like 5