Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Venison is excellent, just cannot get that year round.

Just made and ate five quarts of venison chili last week...still have enough for another batch and more is coming to the freezer soon.

On the coffee side, I had a coupon for Community and it was also on sale.  Bottom line is a twelve ounce bag o beans (signature dark roast) $1.99.  Couldn't resist.

• Like 4

Morning Gang

Another day in the 70s i believe, really should mow that dam lawn.

Three days of doing as little as possible, i think im rested.

Iv been informed we out of the Mighty Bean, Well it's been a week since i hit the Pub on the Costco run so i better stop by and say hello.

And lets not forget what day it is........

post-57941-0-64080000-1424182587_thumb.p

• Like 6

Anybody celebrate Mardi Gras!

10978691_10203456002390681_8121728089248

If their weather is anything like ours, there'll be plenty of jackets worn.  The bad thing is that it's not conducive for some of the normal sights you'd see at bead throwing time. 

Mardi Gras, my quick story:

Years back we had a lady writer, she wanted to live on the main "Party" street, we all told her her sleep may suffer at times, she was hell bent on doing it anyway.

She purchased a Flat above one of the more popular Pubs, now she owns the building, been invited every year, sometime the wife says we "WILL" go. 

• Like 6

They have a MardiGras in Mobile in 71. Seven of us decided to stop there on way to New Orleans MardiGras. Walking in the rear, my heels were stepped on several times...just kept on walking. It was fun. <_< ...

Coming back from Kansas city during MardiGras72, I crashed on Canal street near the river across the street from two side by side bars. One was playing Janis on the jukebox and Steppenwolf coming out of the other door. Thought, this looks good. Woke up after daylight with a couple of people moving about. While rolling up my sleeping bag off of the sidewalk, saw a very large wharf rat in the fog near me just idling about. Thought, wow, that was close... :) ...first cup :emotion-44:

• Like 5

Just about Go time.

If i get to the Pub by 9, gives me some friendly time w/smithwicks for breakfast, wile waiting for Costco to open.

Once a week, is a good staple, cannot wait for a Polish Dog Breakfast :emotion-21:

The wife has NO problem with this as i tend to spend waay more than intended :emotion-21:

As long as i dont come home with a Bose sound bar, i figure im good to go.

(i see a Bose product in someone's basket almost every visit) i see many returns also.

• Like 6

Missed you guys this a.m. Nasty dentist visit for a temp crown. Still waiting on the novicaine (sp?) so I can eat. I think that's now a total of 5 or 6 crowns. Old age sucks in some respects.

We got 8 or 9 inches of snow yesterday, but no complaints.

Consider this a 'like' :rolleyes: on the Mardi Gras posts. Looks like fun and I love New Orleans. (Probably not too healthy for me, but fun). Think I'll go pout over the novicaine and check back later .....cheers to all.

• Like 3

Back from the run"

4 smiths :emotion-22:, Costco, one more smith :emotion-22:  (Pass out a few Brownies/Maddlins) :emotion-21:

Sooo, the lawn ? maybe ?

Oh hell, it's barely noon, Lagavulin on the bench staring at me.......hummmm

Fine Scotch and power equipment, what could go wrong :mellow2:

School kiddies like leaving me little suprises in the lawn, Bic lighters  :huh:

• Like 5

Lawn mowed :emotion-21:

Gorilla Glue dryin on the Boat :emotion-21:

Major Dickinsons Blend Beans purchased.

Lagavulin w/corona chaser :emotion-21:

Bison Tacos slated for the burner, if, if i dont pass out first, yes i know not my limit on the bottle (got to kill the last third)  :emotion-46:  :emotion-21:

Could go back under the dash of the watercraft, yet tunes are one push button away......hummm :emotion-19:

post-57941-0-77680000-1424211986_thumb.j

• Like 5

Morning gang, coffee going down smoothly.  Fixed the computer last night(I think).  I all so purchased a used hard drive off of CL for my media server 1.5 tg less than a year old for $40.00.  When I did I was talking to the fellow who I purchased it from, and he was telling me it may be some Maleware.  So soon as I got home I downloaded a free program, and found and deleted 65 threats.  I was up to 80 percent of my ram usage, and now down to 49 percent.  Everything seems to be running smoothly, but we will see in the next couple of weeks when I try to watch videos.  Well got to run, bills to pay, take it easy folks. 

• Like 5