Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

After noon guys.....this is the first chance I got to check-in, was out the house early this morning with coffee to go.

Crazy at the shop.....used car lot guys all over me to get there cars done.......they are "ok" guys......but sometimes they are a god dam pain in my a$$. I do have keep them in check occasionally.....lol lol

OK gotta go....back to the bay.....yea I'll be here late, check in later....

Oh.... Mark your a better man than me.....if that timer goes off on the coffee pot....it's done a fresh must be made.

MKP

• Like 3

Ok up 7 degrees, went from 6 to 13. Just came in from pulling a boom section out of a telehandler, yes coffee is in order.

0c52038b88fcdc8bb034a18d4913c0ab.jpg

Have been looking at hid conversion kits for my 01 Jeep Cherokee, since I received a fix it ticket last night for no head light. What does anyone know about Xenon.

Edited by duder1982
  • Like 4

After noon guys.....this is the first chance I got to check-in, was out the house early this morning with coffee to go.

Crazy at the shop.....used car lot guys all over me to get there cars done.......they are "ok" guys......but sometimes they are a god dam pain in my a$$. I do have keep them in check occasionally.....lol lol

Oh.... Mark your a better man than me.....if that timer goes off on the coffee pot....it's done a fresh must be made.

MKP

reminds me when I did work for some real estate agents......want it done yesterday....and for free!

• Like 4

Have been looking at hid conversion kits for my 01 Jeep Cherokee, since I received a fix it ticket last night for no head light. What does anyone know about Xenon.

Don't know man but, please do not use those crazy lights that blind me please.

Yea but I can see so much better with them. Maybe just a better halogen is in order
  • Like 3

Ok up 7 degrees, went from 6 to 13. Just came in from pulling a boom section out of a telehandler, yes coffee is in order.

0c52038b88fcdc8bb034a18d4913c0ab.jpg

Whatever you decide on, shop the Bay if for nothing more than info, HID require a sep/power supply, pain in a the azz.

And you sure dont want those stupid blue tinted ones that we all hate. i think those might be the HIDs, dont know, stick with Halogen, what the heck, it's already wired/fused for them.

• Like 6

Lol, yes those xenon lights are made for the devil, by the devil.

On another note, using my glare driving glasses, as seen on TV, they are still being worn now for a month. They help but, have reflections of light from headlights of their own. It is like it comes across the outer part of lense, passing by before your eyes in the night. Not perfect but, getting quite content wearing them now. Just minor annoyance as, you tend to forget about the reflections after wearing. Leave them in glovebox at work. Co-worker showed me another type of driving device. The same anti-glare resist with an extra sunshade to boot on one visor clipon, as seen on TV. :ph34r:  May get one of them too.

It's all good.

Edited by billybob
  • Like 5

What does anyone know about Xenon

What exactly do you want to know?  All the kits I've seen and used say "off road use only".  The reason is that they are not DOT certified to use as a replacement in a conventional (halogen) housing.  Due to their increased output they emit more diffracted light and are a hazard to drivers in the opposite lanes.  If you need to go HID, buy a housing specifically made for them which will contain a lens to aim the beam.  Double check if you'll have high and low beams included.

A cheaper alternative is to buy a pair of Sylvania Silver Star bulbs and a relay harness so your bulbs get voltage directly from the battery.

• Like 4

What does anyone know about Xenon

What exactly do you want to know?  All the kits I've seen and used say "off road use only".  The reason is that they are not DOT certified to use as a replacement in a conventional (halogen) housing.  Due to their increased output they emit more diffracted light and are a hazard to drivers in the opposite lanes.  If you need to go HID, buy a housing specifically made for them which will contain a lens to aim the beam.  Double check if you'll have high and low beams included.

A cheaper alternative is to buy a pair of Sylvania Silver Star bulbs and a relay harness so your bulbs get voltage directly from the battery.

+2

• Like 4

a housing specifically made for them which will contain a lens to aim the beam

This was the route I was going to go, as my Jeep has sealed head lights you know the old style.  Not the kind that you just replace the bulb, I was looking at something like this but when I called they said they didn't offer the open beam headlight kit.

• Like 3

This weather is very strange, spring is looking like it has made an early arrival.

The wife just made a pot of fresh cracked Dickinsons Blend, said something about a Netflix marathon :o

I see the "Moderator" crowd are having a rather long meeting this evening.

post-57941-0-77000000-1424309344_thumb.j

Edited by minermark
  • Like 5

MKP

reminds me when I did work for some real estate agents......want it done yesterday....and for free!

Angusruler,

That's why I started my own preservation company on my reo properties, darn vendors always having excuses................Actually, I started because I saw how much you guys made, and I had to pay up front for the banks, then got reimbursed from the banks after chasing them for 90 days or so.

• Like 3

shop the Bay

Found a kit on the bay similar to the one in the video, went with 6000k white which doesn't have the blue you speak of just brighter than the halogen.  Yes it has the special lenses with what they call the projector so its not pointing directly at the on coming drivers, along with hi/low beam. If I don't like it or its to much I can change the bulbs to more like 5000k or 4500k yellow which is more like the halogen.  The kits come with everything needed to convert, I will keep you all updated how it works.  Hopefully I can escape the fuzz unit they come in :ph34r: . 

• Like 5

have not seen Earl around for a few days, he may have lost power up state.

I thought I had seen him post in other threads but I could be wrong.

Well first cut down, getting ready to head out for the day.  Last night I transferred my media to my new hard drive, movies alone had taken around 2 hours.  I think its time for a processor update.  

• Like 4

23 degrees and sunny with a "nice" breeze.  Jake on his outside bed with a couple of blankets covering him head to toe.  He sleeps in at night but wants to be outside during the day.  We both had some cheese grits this morning but Jake passed on the coffee :blink:

Hoping the tubes for the amps get here today.

LF reports it was around minus 2 in Wheeling. 

Guitar progress is painfully slow.  Need Steve (BigStewMan) to come give me some pointers!

Hey Earl....where you is?

Cheers :emotion-44: Gents

• Like 6