Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Good morning everyone......

I know this should be over in Fine Food, but I had to share at least the coffee theme...

Some ingredients (not all) for the morning omelet breakfast... Along with the freshly brewed Starbuck's French Roast... ;0)

Music is from Pandora / Roman Street Radio....

Enjoy your day everyone...... Roof raking today just before the next little storm...image.jpg1_79.jpg

• Like 4

Morning guys!  Nice photo Gary!

Hearing bits and pieces about bullet proof coffee so I decided to google it.  You add 2 tbs of unsalted, grass fed butter to 8-12 oz of coffee made with filtered water and blend it in a blender till frothy like a latte.  The site says try it once with nothing else for breakfast and it will be your best morning ever with boundless energy. 

It sounds yucky but I must try it for myself.....I need energy.  Don't use salted or regular butter as the fats are different.  So its off to the health food store for some grass fed, unsalted butter.

Cheers :emotion-44: Gents

• Like 6

Hearing bits and pieces about bullet proof coffee so I decided to google it.  You add 2 tbs of unsalted, grass fed butter to 8-12 oz of coffee made with filtered water and blend it in a blender till frothy like a latte.  The site says try it once with nothing else for breakfast and it will be your best morning ever with boundless energy. 

It sounds yucky but I must try it for myself.....I need energy.  Don't use salted or regular butter as the fats are different.  So its off to the health food store for some grass fed, unsalted butter.

Courious how this turns out, I need to find something for my wife to drink.  She likes chai latte, but its a little complicated to make around here in the morning. 

• Like 4

I have a serious question about coffee.

Am I the only one who always takes a big dump after drinking coffee or a crappuccino?  

I thought I was...until I googled it and found that coffee beans are actually a laxative for most people!?!

http://www.livestrong.com/article/476658-the-effects-of-eating-coffee-beans/

Sure, if you take your coffee THIS way.

• Like 3

Chuck, once again it looks like you have acquired skills I am lacking. Every damn time I try to 'feed' grass into our butter, I make a total mess!! How do you do it??

• Like 5

MKP :-)

Yes we took the Volvo in to get blower fan replaced at mechanic. After telling us when and how much, we stepped back in the car just to find a greasy footprint on the floormat from the mechanic's son, much to our chagrin. Know it is just a floormat but, there are in fact many people who would faint outright about their car. Found another mechanic down the street we still use. Your shop sounds first rate.

Yes, those used car guys are always hyper,lol... :emotion-44:

:wink:

Off to the task at hand this wekkend...on the road again :emotion-44:

• Like 5

Morning Gang

Happy Sat, i think, will know better after this first cup. (still thinkin about Chucks coffee) butter eh?

Great weather after the fog burns off.

Should/could work on the watercraft project. an interesting Note on this:

Part of my "Panic Button" project requires an audio device programmed w/recorded sound clip.

So i looked around and found this free software for recording/tailoring, holy cow, ask and you shall receive :emotion-21:

This software is Pro stuff, hell i need to read the instructions for a change, anyone interested in tailoring audio should look into this.

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

• Like 5

Good afternoon guys.

So we are getting a good snow storm today......really messed up my plans. Had to pick up my daughter from her work, I don't want her driving in this mess.

I'm going to get this truck in the shop then I'm out of here. I'll let the snow melt off the truck and I will work on it tomorrow.

Check in later....a good day to all.

• Like 5

Cool video about Hammond organs like the one Chuck has.

https://vimeo.com/119497708

Thank you so much. Excellent and accurate. The old Hammond B-3's and C-3's are slowly disappearing but guys like that understand them and are keeping a few around. There are new digitized versions from Hammond-Suzuki but they cost a fortune and are not the same as a genuine vintage tone wheel.

• Like 4

Cool video about Hammond organs like the one Chuck has.

https://vimeo.com/119497708

Thank you so much. Excellent and accurate. The old Hammond B-3's and C-3's are slowly disappearing but guys like that understand them and are keeping a few around. There are new digitized versions from Hammond-Suzuki but they cost a fortune and are not the same as a genuine vintage tone wheel.

I donate time for electronic/electrical emergency calls, and sometimes a weekend pullin new wire.

This is my local baby.

http://www.municipalorgans.net/?p=209

• Like 7

I donate time for electronic/electrical emergency calls

I left the light on in the hallway and don’t feel like getting up to turn it off -- does that qualify as an electrical emergency?  i know you wouldn’t have a problem finding my pad as it’s in your old stomping grounds! 

• Like 5

Good afternoon guys.

So we are getting a good snow storm today......really messed up my plans. Had to pick up my daughter from her work, I don't want her driving in this mess.

I'm going to get this truck in the shop then I'm out of here. I'll let the snow melt off the truck and I will work on it tomorrow.

yea when i went to bed last night, 2am, "they" said it was gonna start around 1pm........OOOOOOOPS......wrong again.....started around 9am!
  • Like 4

Good afternoon guys.

yea when i went to bed last night, 2am, "they" said it was gonna start around 1pm........OOOOOOOPS......wrong again.....started around 9am!

hasn’t started here yet.

• Like 4

Good afternoon guys.

hasn’t started here yet.

Colorado is getting it now but Cleveland is better now, until tomorrow.

• Like 5

Good morning everyone.....

Thanks guys for the Hammond and Estey pipe organ video links.... You will note that that pipe organ has the citation from the OHS..

My boss and company owner is the current president of the Organ Historical Society (0:

And that auditorium organ was built in our neighboring state (Vermont) !

Anyway, here is the winter wonderland and growing pile on the deck, lots from my roof raking as well.. Starbuck's in the mug, breakfast soon ;0)image.jpg1_87.jpg

• Like 4