Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Morning, the few that are left

71 today, lawn still needs a cut, spect i better do it today a little sprinkle predicted for the weekend.

Problem with Chads "Experiment" is no one knows this subforum exists except forum members, when it take multiple clicks to get somewhere, most will not do it.

Looking at the post made here in the last 48 hrs clearly show that.

Altough C&C thread may not be a fit for "Recent Audio" it kept it on the radar.

Coffee #2 coming up, have a nice day.  

• Like 6

• Moderators

I guess it would be double, I do it mostly to add more flavor and to get some of the grease out of it, instead of going in the pot.Thought about it and took a couple of pork shoulders (butts) out the freezer to do this weekend, I haven't done any in a while being it takes about 12 hours.

Knowing nothing about pipe organs just looking at those pictures posted sure make it interesting, I probably need to go the Cathedral in N.O. and hear one, although it looks small for the size of the church ?

http://www.neworleanschurches.com/stlouiscath/stlouiscath.htm

Bud, New Orleans is one of the finest places in the US for an organ crawl.  That link will provide you more pomp and pipes than you can handle.  Some of them date to the early 19th century.  St. Louis organ "small?"  118 ranks, 7621 pipes.  100 years in the making.  It's adequate. 

Dave

Well that proves I know nothing about pipe organs, it just looked small, could be because the church is big and the organ is on the upper rear balcony and a little hard to see if your just visiting to look around. 

• Like 3

• Moderators

, I haven't done any in a while being it takes about 12 hours.

I just did one on Sunday, it took 17 hours.  It was so cold out side I had to transfer it my electric roaster towards the end of the night.  It did finish until 5 am the next morning.  

That's what's scared me off of smoking a pork butt .... 12 hours, 17 hours, etc. ... and I do a fair amount of smoking with ribs, chicken, etc. Have you ever done a quicker job of maybe 5 or 6 hours and then transferred to the oven? I guess the results would not be as good.

A few butts ago one was not done at midnight so I brought them in and put them in the oven to finish, couldn't tell the difference really.

After 10-12 hours on the smoker the smoke part was done they just need to get up to temp to melt off the extra fat which is fine in the oven. They say after 140 degrees meat can not take any more smoke flavor, about all it does is help with the bark on the outside but after that many hours on the smoker the bark is already there. 

I cook them to about 200-205 internal temp, I tried less, more grease and harder to pull, and more they start to dry out.

Edited by dtel
  • Like 4

• Moderators

I just threw in my two cents about this NOT being here, and all of the sudden it is ?

You have the POWER!

Oh no don't tell him that, it could be scary, even the crazy Vet next door to him is worried now  :o I would love to have mark as a neighbor but it might be scary at times, especially if he moved out in the desert with more freedom where he could be set free to play. :blink:  :D    

• Like 4

I just threw in my two cents about this NOT being here, and all of the sudden it is ?

You have the POWER!

Oh no don't tell him that, it could be scary, even the crazy Vet next door to him is worried now  :o I would love to have mark as a neighbor but it might be scary at times, especially if he moved out in the desert with more freedom where he could be set free to play. :blink:  :D    

Yes, well, i did end up buying the second stack just like the ones i have now, NOT modded w/K400s yet, and they are in a hanger in Reno at this time, because if they were here, id be IN JAIL.

• Like 5

, I haven't done any in a while being it takes about 12 hours.

I just did one on Sunday, it took 17 hours.  It was so cold out side I had to transfer it my electric roaster towards the end of the night.  It did finish until 5 am the next morning.  

That's what's scared me off of smoking a pork butt .... 12 hours, 17 hours, etc. ... and I do a fair amount of smoking with ribs, chicken, etc. Have you ever done a quicker job of maybe 5 or 6 hours and then transferred to the oven? I guess the results would not be as good.

Yes a lot of people do that, when I cook for a party and want the food fresh and ready I time it to when its done an hour prior.  In order for me to make sure its going to be done, I start early in the morning like between mid night and 3 am.  I will smoke for a good 2-3 hours then stick it in my roaster, which isn't to far off from a oven.  I have friends that do use an oven, but wrap it in foil first.  When I go to competitions they refer to Traegers as easy bake ovens(sorry JL I know you like your pellet feeder).  But yes there is a difference in taste between smoking for 17 hours strait on my wood smokers vs 2-3 hours in the wood, and 15 in the oven.  Not a bad taste, just not the same. 

• Like 3

• Moderators

You have the POWER!

Yes, well, i did end up buying the second stack just like the ones i have now, NOT modded w/K400s yet, and they are in a hanger in Reno at this time, because if they were here, id be IN JAIL.

Just think, 2 for mains and 2 for rears while outdoors with a projector for movies would be awesome !

You would be either the hero of the neighborhood or in jail, depends on the neighbors, or lack of neighbors ?

• Like 2

The LF's family (sisters and nieces) and my dog Jake.  I can't seem to find the old photo after I took it off. 

Happy Lounge is back were it belongs. Thanks to all who helped :)

Hope your turn table issues are resolved soon.  Like Dave I eyeballed mine and then listened.  Made an adjustment or two and left it alone.  See you are getting lots of help.  That was a good post from dwilawyer.

Edited by Tarheel
  • Like 2

The LF's family (sisters and nieces) and my dog Jake.  I can't seem to find the old photo after I took it off. 

Happy Lounge is back were it belongs. Thanks to all that helped :)

Hope your turn table issues are resolved soon.  Like Dave I eyeballed mine and then listened.  Made an adjustment or two and left it alone.  See you are getting lots of help.  That was a good post from dwilawyer.

So how are the sisters? (For my single friends...)

• Like 1

Good afternoon gang

Up from Nap #2, the lawn is calling me and so is a BM, forgot i bought mix last week.

1/2 Gal of great Vodka sitting there waiting also.

Need to install cup holder on mower  :emotion-21:

This was a "Soundboard Cake" for my Roadie Bud, we are still eating on this a week later,

We all chipped in a total $400 for this critter.

P.S. him and his GF did this to the cake in an hour, all we have left is the top part :ohmy:

post-57941-0-26740000-1424986849_thumb.j

Edited by minermark
  • Like 5