Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Evening "Nobody Here"

I'm here, surfing the net for a cheap camper to park on a lot down at a lake community.   

Search tempest ?

Duder just a thought, did you check in that same community and see if anyone is bailing out and would work a deal ?

• Like 2

Good morning friends.....

Up to start breakfast a little earlier this morning, but thought I would add a photo..... After yesterday's Hammond organ topic, I was listening and posting over in RTM, and the Leslie 'Half Moon' switches and the space left by pulling one out a number of years ago was bugging me.

So, got the tools out, mounted it where it should be, took a photo and then went to bed ;0)

Hammond organ is making these once again, and there is one on my NEW Hammond SK2 organ...

Ok, breakfast next and Pandora on the kitchen system.... Enjoy your morning guys....image.jpg1_105.jpg

Edited by Tigerman
  • Like 4

Evening "Nobody Here"

I'm here, surfing the net for a cheap camper to park on a lot down at a lake community.   

Search tempest ?

Duder just a thought, did you check in that same community and see if anyone is bailing out and would work a deal ?

I will when I go down there next weekend.  I found out that an acquaintance of ours actually has a camper down there they were thinking of selling.  So I will have to check into that, a friend of ours said they come up every so often as well. 

• Like 2

Morning gentlemen!

Coffee and breakfast finished.  Spinach pie and crisp bacon.

Painter on his way.  Festival on PBS so I miss This Old House this morning.  Been watching it for 35 years. 

Cheers :emotion-44: Gents

What is this spinach pie you speak of.  I love this old house, I just don't have a cable provider that airs it or at least that I know of. 

• Like 3

.........and here from the coffee station, our Starbuck's in the musically decorated mugs ((0;image.jpg1_106.jpg

We have that exact same coffee maker. Actually we're on our second. The first one would shut off at random times but we still got 6 or 7 years out of it.

• Like 2

Morning gang

Coffee was done and waiting, wife feeding some kind of critters out back :emotion-21:

The weather appears to be good for finishing up the watercraft :emotion-21:

Im trying to extend/enjoy the last of this Boat project, because another Farmer is wanting a 220 run out to his Barn/shop  :blink2:

post-57941-0-55500000-1425226700_thumb.j

Edited by minermark

I've got the same coffee maker.  If or when you break the glass carafe you can get a replacement one that is METAL and insulated that fits perfectly.  The only drawback is that it only holds 10 cups so be sure to not overfill the reservoir.   Once the pot is full I turn it off so the plate isn't constantly heating the coffee but it still stays warm for a couple of hours.  

Here it is: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0001IRRL6

This will fit the Cuisinart DCC-1200 coffee maker just fine (10 cups instead of 12 though).  This is a good maker!  No problems in almost 6 years now.  My wife uses it mostly now since I'm trying the "cold brew" method for a while.

.........and here from the coffee station, our Starbuck's in the musically decorated mugs ((0;image.jpg1_106.jpg

• Like 2

I've got the same coffee maker.  If or when you break the glass carafe you can get a replacement one that is METAL and insulated that fits perfectly.  The only drawback is that it only holds 10 cups so be sure to not overfill the reservoir.   Once the pot is full I turn it off so the plate isn't constantly heating the coffee but it still stays warm for a couple of hours.  

Here it is: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0001IRRL6

This will fit the Cuisinart DCC-1200 coffee maker just fine (10 cups instead of 12 though).  This is a good maker!  No problems in almost 6 years now.  My wife uses it mostly now since I'm trying the "cold brew" method for a while.

Not the first one of these iv seen people using, looks good, when Our Presto goes i will look into this unit.

• Like 1

Hello friends....    Mark, 220 !  Be careful :)   Weather looks great, but it will be another month or so before we see those numbers...

Yes, this has been a great unit, and I thank Muel for the research on the insulated carafe AND accessories, we are currently using the Milita  'bamboo' filters...  

I know this is a pretty common maker here on this forum.  I did notice the upgrade on somebody's version, and they decided to do away with the 'momentary' knob in the center and put a toggle switch instead.  I know you have to really grip it good and the spring load on it is pretty tough. 

We also have this one at our shop with the metal filter, and the boss bought TWO extra carafes just in case we BREAK another one :blink: ...  However, we have not used it in years, it just collects shop dust now... :(

Enjoy your day and coffee everyone.....  Cup #3 coming up

.......gw

• Like 3

Hello friends....    Mark, 220 !  Be careful :)   Weather looks great, but it will be another month or so before we see those numbers...

Yes, this has been a great unit, and I thank Muel for the research on the insulated carafe AND accessories, we are currently using the Milita  'bamboo' filters...  

I know this is a pretty common maker here on this forum.  I did notice the upgrade on somebody's version, and they decided to do away with the 'momentary' knob in the center and put a toggle switch instead.  I know you have to really grip it good and the spring load on it is pretty tough. 

We also have this one at our shop with the metal filter, and the boss bought TWO extra carafes just in case we BREAK another one :blink: ...  However, we have not used it in years, it just collects shop dust now... :(

Enjoy your day and coffee everyone.....  Cup #3 coming up

.......gw

220, 221 whatever it takes  :emotion-21: 

Been slamming panels for 30+ years, hardest part for me was going with Aluminum wire after all the years of copper.

Turns out, it seems to do just fine, before doing this for anyone else, i did my Cave when buying the current house, 140' run,

In 5 years, no surges either side,(cave or House) when running welder/stereo.

Im a believer in Alum now but just for a Panel main run ONLY.

• Like 3

Hello friends.... Mark, 220 ! Be careful :) Weather looks great, but it will be another month or so before we see those numbers...

Yes, this has been a great unit, and I thank Muel for the research on the insulated carafe AND accessories, we are currently using the Milita 'bamboo' filters...

I know this is a pretty common maker here on this forum. I did notice the upgrade on somebody's version, and they decided to do away with the 'momentary' knob in the center and put a toggle switch instead. I know you have to really grip it good and the spring load on it is pretty tough.

We also have this one at our shop with the metal filter, and the boss bought TWO extra carafes just in case we BREAK another one :blink: ... However, we have not used it in years, it just collects shop dust now... :(

Enjoy your day and coffee everyone..... Cup #3 coming up

.......gw

220, 221 whatever it takes :emotion-21:

Been slamming panels for 30+ years, hardest part for me was going with Aluminum wire after all the years of copper.

Turns out, it seems to do just fine, before doing this for anyone else, i did my Cave when buying the current house, 140' run,

I'm sure you know this, but what ever you do don't mix copper with aluminum. Especially on the same lug. Last house I was in, the previous owner did this for the a/c unit. Or house almost went up in flames do to a short caused by the fluctuations between the 2 metals.
  • Like 2

Eeek!  Duder !   Yes, I believe mains are alum. everything else in panel copper..  

I live in a large raised ranch, the studio and theater are at the far end opposite the mains.   The Furman in the effects rack will show fluctuations when the subwoofers start kickin' it up.  Go loud enough and you can see the lighting bounce a little too.....  well, that's how it is I guess on the long end of the wires :huh: ...  Meter sitting right at 118 V AC. at the moment...

• Like 2

Hello friends.... Mark, 220 ! Be careful :) Weather looks great, but it will be another month or so before we see those numbers...

Yes, this has been a great unit, and I thank Muel for the research on the insulated carafe AND accessories, we are currently using the Milita 'bamboo' filters...

I know this is a pretty common maker here on this forum. I did notice the upgrade on somebody's version, and they decided to do away with the 'momentary' knob in the center and put a toggle switch instead. I know you have to really grip it good and the spring load on it is pretty tough.

We also have this one at our shop with the metal filter, and the boss bought TWO extra carafes just in case we BREAK another one :blink: ... However, we have not used it in years, it just collects shop dust now... :(

Enjoy your day and coffee everyone..... Cup #3 coming up

.......gw

220, 221 whatever it takes :emotion-21:

I'm sure you know this, but what ever you do don't mix copper with aluminum. Especially on the same lug. Last house I was in, the previous owner did this for the a/c unit. Or house almost went up in flames do to a short caused by the fluctuations between the 2 metals.

Agree if one does not know proper splicing, there is a method of splicing using buttsplice, shrink, tape, and metal box, and cost a bit.

I figure load then kick up the Ga to the next size. not one call back in 30 years.

Edited by minermark
  • Like 4