Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Morning gang,

Just started working on the 2nd cup. My wife and I are hanging at the house for a few hours. We got a guy coming over to give us a est for a bathroom up-grade. It's been a long time coming. I know we will need a new floor. So we'll see how much this is going to be. The only thing I will do is the teardown of the old.

Not to much ealse going on......well I have been working out a lot.....like five days aweek for 2 -3 hours....oh yea i'm hurting. I got a test this Saturday for my next level in Krav-Maga.......I think I'm going to have my a$$ handed to me, oh well we will see.

A good day to all take care

MKP :-)

Yea Earl pics of the Khorns please :-)

Edited by MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE
  • Like 4

Headed to 75 degrees today, 72 tomorrow, and then a 30 degree drop :wacko:

LF gave me her old iPhone to use.  Trying to figure out how to stream Spotify to my dac.  I can then free up my lap top.   Mike gave me some good pointers last night.  Again "cables" come in to play :)

Down to 181.8 this morning from a starting weight of 189.6.  Jake is gaining though.

Following Gary's work with interest.  A neat profession.

I'm starting to have suspicions that Earl is attempting to corner the market on used gear :o  Hey Earl I have two pot lids that I bang together that are pretty musical.  Want to buy them?

Coffee done much too early.

Cheers :emotion-44: Gents

• Like 4

Morning Gang

Spring Projects are lining up, or stacking up :wacko:

The ol F150 time has come, at 240K miles, trans main seal leak, i will clean it up a tad, Farmer will take it.

Was kind of nice having two trucks, when someone wanted to use my truck, they took the ford.

We will be in the 70+ for the next week, time to finish up the Boat project, major Cabling completed.

Pretty much just the Dash/Panic Button left to complete :emotion-21:

post-57941-0-02960000-1425479593_thumb.j

• Like 6

Sup gentlemen?

High of 76 today.  Front should blow through this afternoon (poss 45 mph winds) and 32 degrees tomorrow.  Like they say, if you don't like the weather in South East TX, just wait.

Last weekend I made the mistake of borrowing a co-workers robotic pool cleaner.  My wife absolutely loved it.  We had a Polaris installed when the pool was new and describing it as a POS would be a compliment.  We've been manually cleaning it since about the second year of ownership which takes almost an hour.  No more.  I ordered a robot this morning.  You just plug it in, drop it in the water, push one button and take it out when it's done.  It's incredible.  What a time saver.  They're pricey, but the time savings alone made it worth it.  I NEVER would have taken the plunge (HA!) if I hadn't borrowed and used one first.

• Like 6

had a pool for 20 years and i thought the best thing about having one was getting outside and manually cleaning it. great theapy

back and forth    back and forth   another beer    back and forth

Edited by Budman
  • Like 4

had a pool for 20 years and i thought the best thing about having one was getting outside and manually cleaning it. great theapy

I agree to a point.  I'd fire up the patio stereo and blast tunes while I cleaned.  It's no fun when it's nasty and cold out however.  It also takes me away from other projects.  I will say however that I'm one of the last hold outs on the block that does his own lawn.  Almost everyone else has a service.  I still enjoy pushing a (non self propelled) mower around the yard although I have no idea why I like the process.

• Like 2

I agree to a point.  I'd fire up the patio stereo and blast tunes while I cleaned.  It's no fun when it's nasty and cold out however.  It also takes me away from other projects.  I will say however that I'm one of the last hold outs on the block that does his own lawn.  Almost everyone else has a service.  I still enjoy pushing a (non self propelled) mower around the yard although I have no idea why I like the process.

:o  :o  :o

• Like 1

We're looking at more snow now but warmer later this week and next. We'll see. Not much else to report. Placed what I thought was a reasonable bid on a used Oppo 95 earlier this week on another website but the guy was so proud of his unit that he let my bid expire without bothering to respond. It never sold. Tsk, tsk. I was just looking to upgrade our 2 ch system and add some flexibility. The guy's price plus shipping plus paypal (and no warranty) were exorbitant.  Already have a 103 in the HT. Oh well.

Try to check back. Cheers guys.

• Like 2

The mower is quieter than the kids!

• Like 5

Good afternoon everyone...

Thanks for the photo link Earl, they look great! Do they sound much different then your others or are they not home yet? Keep up informed.

Chuck, thanks for the comment on the organ parts. So I continue ... Just finished assembling those components you saw in the earlier post...

Here, you can see the valve in the port, and the polished brass wire in its guide. The maple cap magnet is now mounted, has that little port in it...image.jpg1_108.jpg,

This is the underside, shows the actual coil windings (not the coiled lead wires) which are custom replacements made to the same spec as the originals from the 20ies !image.jpg2_26.jpg

Thanks again for your interest... I have one for Mark next ;0)

Edited by Tigerman
  • Like 4

• Moderators

Don't confuse me, is it burgers or chilly :P

I ask because that's how my chili starts out, I smoke them then cut them up. :)  I did once see a recipe for chili with coffee in it :lol: You got me thinking.........For burgers I like to add a couple of eggs and some good Italian breadcrumbs and other seasoning,  but my favorite is 40-50% hot sausage mixed in.......now I'm thinking about food... :(  

Edited by dtel
  • Like 3

Good morning friends.............. :emotion-44:

Chuck, I caught that like in that 'other' forum...   I know you wanted to discuss the music business at some point and we will :smile: ...

Time to get ready for work, and coffee awaits there... :emotion-21:  

..........Gary

• Like 5

We had a Polaris installed when the pool was new and describing it as a POS would be a compliment.

That's a FACT.  I can't believe they can keep a straight face and charge what they do for that piece of plastic junk. 

What did you get?

Dave