Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators

Well starting Sunday we will be gone for a week again, I know it makes no difference but I'm not ignoring anyone. Well I guess I am really ignoring everybody. :o  :D This is a fun trip South, no bathroom remodels involved like a couple of weeks ago. :emotion-21:  :emotion-19:  :emotion-46:  :emotion-29:

• Like 7

Sunny and 30 degrees headed to 60 midday.

Painter arrives at 9:00.

Coffee and breakfast done.  LF off to play tennis. Jake waiting to be walked.

Going to add a quote I found to my signature.  "I love to sing, and I love to drink scotch.  Most people would rather hear me drink scotch".

Cheers :emotion-44: Gents

• Like 7

Good morning friends.......

Just took this photo.....Sunny and 30 degrees here in the western side of the Bay State, freshly poured Star Bucks FR in the correct mugs, and still about 4' of snow pile on the deck....! Hopefully, the warm up we are all talking about will take that back over this next week (0:

Ok, 100% Canadian maple syrup on the range warming, veggie sausages in the oven, toast up the homemade pancakes from the batch made last weekend........more coffee, sounds good ;0))

Back on the side watching your posts... And listening to JL's suggestion.... nice!

........Garyimage.jpg1_112.jpg

Edited by Tigerman
  • Like 7

Morning folks, working on my first cup.  I will have to check out the Chet Baker later, thanks for sharing.  Chuck that sounds like a great signature, wish I thought of it first.  Gary thanks for posting pics, I know your probably tired of the snow.  But your photos of coffee and pancakes look so relaxing.  We are looking up to 60 degrees this morning.   I don't have a whole lot planned for today, but kind of busy in  since.  Well I'll check in later. 

• Like 6

Mornin' all. Busy Saturday ahead, including Baxter's final "exam" at dog school. Will likely need remedial work but we'll see. Great weather for a change and should hit the 60's today.

On the carb deal, I've been low carb and gluten free since around last May and have dropped a little over 50 lbs. Would probably cheat occasionally, but anything with wheat makes me feel like hell now so the breads, etc. don't even look good to me anymore. Think I'll stick with it.

Billybob, I'm not sure about "Abilene" but Hammonds were used in all sorts of rock 'n roll and country songs in the '50's,  '60's and beyond, although mostly in the background with guitar leads. When my guitar buddy and I play that's essentially what we do. A lot of folks just associate the instrument with blues and jazz but it goes way beyond that. (Think early Santana, Eagles, Grateful Dead, Allison Krause, etc. etc.).

Happy Saturday and cheers to all.

• Like 6

Hey there Chuck, we must never forget the Hammond organ in Janis Joplin tunes!   :o

When we did that multi-singers show last fall, I could not believe how much the Hammond was needed!  Had to learn the music of Janis to Rod Stewart, to SteppenWolf ...   Which is why I took the new Hammond and Leslie to that performance stage along with the two workstations for the Diamond stuff...  :D

Ok, glad you all liked this mornings photo....  Well, the LL.Bean outdoor thermo says it is 50 degrees in the sun........sounds good to me :)

.........Gary

Edited by Tigerman
  • Like 6

Good morning from the great northwest! Reading and coffee before the fam is up. Today marks a new number in the ten spot of my age. Turning the big 4-0 today! Some of you have been there done that, others are en route. Lots to be grateful for. Miss my dad today. I know many of you can relate but it is CRAZY how much more quickly time seems to pass the older you get! It offers a change in perspective like little else can. I'm crazy excited about the next 40! Cheers all! Thanks for sharing this hobby with me & teaching me so much and all with good company! ☕️

• Like 7

Happy Birthday akdave! :) and many more. At times I still miss my parents and 3 brothers. Fond memories and dreams keep their presence near me. Learned more about coffee and cables that I had reasoned had signed up for.

Would bother you with my brother's paper roll analogy about how fast life rolls by but, not today. Enjoy!!!

Edited by billybob
  • Like 7

Hey there Chuck, we must never forget the Hammond organ in Janis Joplin tunes!   :o

When we did that multi-singers show last fall, I could not believe how much the Hammond was needed!  Had to learn the music of Janis to Rod Stewart, to SteppenWolf ...   Which is why I took the new Hammond and Leslie to that performance stage along with the two workstations for the Diamond stuff...  :D

Ok, glad you all liked this mornings photo....  Well, the LL.Bean outdoor thermo says it is 50 degrees in the sun........sounds good to me :)

.........Gary

Great point, Gary. And .... Crosby, Stills & Nash and on and on. Chuck.

• Like 4