Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Monsoon Malibar...sounds yummy. :)

You...losing weight there at the fridge at 2 @m :)

Just remember there is the cabbage soup diet. 10-17 lbs. in 7 days. Some merit as to the claim that, it may be water that you loose. However, if you are at a barrier you cannot penetrate with other diet, psych up and do a week without cheating to see how much you loose.

Please take the word"diet" with a bit of caution. Do not on a whole subscribe to that position. Have done this diet a couple of times and lost. See how much you have to loose.

***Keeping it off for a month after is the real test.

Dolly Parton diet

Mayo Clinic diet

Cabbage Soup diet

Was going to yammer on for a bit more but, the more soup you eat, the more you tend to loose. Plenty online.

The cabbage thing would make me sick, but maybe that's the idea. Tried the Dolly Parton but my breasts were getting too large for a guy so I quit.

Happy Tuesday guys.

• Like 5

Monsoon Malibar...sounds yummy. :)

You...losing weight there at the fridge at 2 @m :)

Just remember there is the cabbage soup diet. 10-17 lbs. in 7 days. Some merit as to the claim that, it may be water that you loose. However, if you are at a barrier you cannot penetrate with other diet, psych up and do a week without cheating to see how much you loose.

Please take the word"diet" with a bit of caution. Do not on a whole subscribe to that position. Have done this diet a couple of times and lost. See how much you have to loose.

***Keeping it off for a month after is the real test.

Dolly Parton diet

Mayo Clinic diet

Cabbage Soup diet

Was going to yammer on for a bit more but, the more soup you eat, the more you tend to loose. Plenty online.

I went on the cabbage soup diet many years ago. While I lost weight it was awful. I cannot tolerate the smell or sight of cabbage now. This is a particularly bad problem on St. Patrick's Day.

• Like 4

Mornin all. Where are the rest of my C&C buds? Today's my big chance to show off my handyman skills by replacing our front door handle and latch since the old one crapped out. Should be a 20 minute job after obtaining the new stuff so I estimate I'll be done in 2.5 hours.

Forgot to mention that Baxter "graduated" from puppy obedience school this past Saturday. Hard to tell based on his performance at home. Practice, practice ....

Still feeling queasy over the mere suggestion of the cabbage soup diet and revolted over the prospect of the Dolly diet!!

Try to check back in a while. Cheers.

• Like 4

Congrats to Baxter from me and Jake!

Painting project done and it looks great.  The trim painted with white semi gloss really pops.  Hanging pictures, mirrors, and dusting furniture.

LF off to play tennis.  Coffee done but I'm feeling a third cup. 

Going to fix a large chuck roast with onions and carrots (hold the potatoes) for dinner.

Guitar practice and dieting going slow.

Cheers :emotion-44: Gents

• Like 5

You should check out Raspberry PI, from I what I can tell it does some what similar things that a Squeezebox could have.

I wouldn't think they would even be remotely similar in function but I'm not the most computer literate person here either.  The Duet is plug and play with pre-made apps and a remote with display and charging station.  The Pi is basically just a PC board, at least that's my impression.

Very true, I was just looking for what could be lower cost alternative.   I would think that the Pi could be set up to operate similar to what the Duet does, play music.

• Like 2

Morning gang

I was so busy installing my electronic package on the boat i forgot Taco Tuesday!

My Circuit(S) turned out to overdrive the input to the new Amp, so trouble shooting is the order of the day.

I guess i build chit too dam good, time to dig out some resistors to calm this device down.

Two pots consumed yesterday, nonstop, took a little time to eat/drink, boat is now covered due to Drizzle.

One day rain event, nothing planned, Coffee and stare at you guys for awile.

Painting looks great Chuck, that is a quality job.

post-57941-0-21420000-1426087810_thumb.j

Edited by minermark
  • Like 5

Any boat pic's on this forum?

Yes, just before i was finishing the package for install early Tuesday morn.

Quite a mess eh?

Works Too good though (a Temp Condition)  :)

This black box is installed between the Cd output and Amp input, so when the panic button is pushed it over rides the radio/cd with MY input program.

post-57941-0-88820000-1426088315_thumb.j

Edited by minermark
  • Like 6

Guitar practice and dieting going slow.

Hey Chuck--I bought my nine year old granddaughter a guitar for her birthday--I’ll give you the same advice that i gave her, “stick with it and by the time you get to high school you’ll be the cool chick.”  Feel free to disregard my advice. 

• Like 5

Morning guys,

Just got the grandkids on the bus. Working on 2nd cup. No shop today, taking a day off. Me and the wife going to Philly........China Town, oh yea. We are going with our indonesian friends. Will be lots of good eats today.

OK guys, gonna roll out......a good day to all.

MKP :-)

Going to Philly and not to the Italian Market?  Not to Pat's for a cheesesteak?  Shame on you!

• Like 1

Been raining here for the past 4 days or so.  Everything is squishy outside.  It sounds like the dog is walking on a soaked sponge as he meanders the back yard.  We've got some sunny and mid 70 days coming up.  Maybe I can paint some trim on the outside of the house today.

I'm about half way through a bag of Nicaraguan and have a 2 lb bag of Kona waiting.  I'm humming Carly Simons "Anticipation".

• Like 4