Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

After catching up on the post since I last checked in I must say I'm impressed with the talented and interesting folks here in our coffee klatch.  Many stories to tell.  Here is my recent story.

I have an old (82) Dutch friend who is a retired psychiatrist.  I worked with him for a few years when I was a case manager at the local mental health center.  Rolf and his wife Maryke use to visit with me and my wife from time to time and tell us about their life in Holland when Holland was occupied by the Germans.  Property was confiscated and many died of hunger.  A very traumatic time. 

Maryke developed pancreatic cancer and in her last days she use to call to see if she could come over to listen to Josh Groban or Andrea Bocelli on my system.  We always said yes. She passed away 7 years ago. 

Anyway I'm getting to my point.  Rolf has always been eccentric and a bit of an odd bird.  Friday I was in my bedroom making a new playlist on Spotify with music blaring at the other end of the house.  I walked down to the music room, laptop in hand and as I entered the doorway I caught a glimpse out of the corner of my eye, of someone on my sofa.  I was so startled I almost threw the lap top at.....you guessed it.....Rolf sitting in the sweet spot.  I guess I need to start locking my doors!

He came by again yesterday and brought a record he had just bought.  A new vinyl copy of Graceland by Paul Simon. I cleaned it and played it for him.  He left it with me since he doesn't have a music system.   

So that was my excitement. 

A birthday party for two friends one 65 one 80 last night.  Blew the diet big time.  Back at it tomorrow.

Long winded.....sorry!

Cheers :emotion-44: Gentlemen

Cool Music room story, I would tell Rolf gimme a call when you want to listen to something, (handing him phone number).

Finding someone on your Sofa, state by state by laws:

Oregon : Hey dude you wanna get stoned ?

California : Hey dude here is all the cash iv got and my car keys.

Nevada : BANG !

• Like 7

Hey there Mark, now THAT made me laugh out loud :D  :lol:  !

Chuck, is the trim and ceiling finished, and the walls yet to be done?   For some reason, my trim work is always done last so I can putter and take my time with details, since the usual 'cutting in' is messy and usually my first step, then the ceiling of course...

.......ok, off to be productive, day flying by!

• Like 4

Morning Gang

Little sore from mowin lawns, the guy across the street is selling his house, so i made him an offer, a different bottle of singe malt every month and ill maintain his greenery.

Marine project coming along just fine, waiting for an (offdelay) timer from Bulgaria, for $9 bucks shipped, im NOT building one.

Weather, well iv got Skeeters @3am in the Cave, nuf said.

Got the wife in the Cave yesterday and cranked Anna Von Hausswolf, she WILL be buying everything made from this Anna.

Do have yet another Tune i came across the other day and will post at the end of this Blog, catchy, and a new Music forum im not privy to. "PunkGrass", listed under "Country Music".

Crank this one guys, see if it Grabs Ya.

Need to fetch that Second cup.......Cheers

Edited by minermark
  • Like 6

A near perfect day here....70 degrees and sunny.  Made some cheese grits for breakfast.  Washed the car at 11:00 am in shorts and no shirt (forget it Earl I won't send you a photo).  Met LF at Blue Surf restaurant for lunch.  She had a mahi sandwich with mango salsa and I had mahi tacos with mango and radish salsa.  Came home and we both spent an hour on the porch working on the tans. Rest a bit and then catch sunset on the historic Cape Fear River.  Not a bad day.

• Like 6

Sounds like a good day Chuck!, and good food too :)

Mark, I watched that video, interesting concept.........and got a kick out of the 'mud dauber' climbing up the curtain :o !

.........Gary

• Like 4

Afternoon  yet again Gang

In-da-cave cranking tunes watchin Nascar w/sound off :emotion-21:

Dam it's warm too 70S+ :)

First cup tasting great, Duggans enhanced.

A little easy Cable work on the agenda, rerun/repull one cctv run, i think some critter has been knawing on it over the winter, ran a Bird-nest-cam last November, works good, Doves this year.

Edited by minermark
  • Like 6

Hey there Mark, is your avatar from the Martian movie (same actor)...   Just wondering...

Yeah, I had a late last cup from the morning brew around 5pm. here..........very late for me, but tasted great after a reheat in the micro :huh:

Dinner and WINE right around the corner here....  ;)

Edited by Tigerman
  • Like 3

Hey there Mark, is your avatar from the Martian movie (same actor)...   Just wondering...

Yeah, I had a late last cup from the morning brew around 5pm. here..........very late for me, but tasted great after a reheat in the micro :huh:

Dinner and WINE right around the corner here....  ;)

It's a Clip of Lloyd from "The one that flew over the cuckoos nest"

My Demeanor/Lifestyle/Outlook would dial right in on Murphy and have been accused of it more than once.

This, i have NO problem with  :emotion-21:   

• Like 7

You know what i DON’T like about coffee … it means I’m on my way to work.

​Gary … enjoy your heat wave.  I had to travel about 30 miles to the east yesterday to an area we call the Inland Empire (it has other not so nice names as well); but, it hit 90 degrees.  Didn’t notice the heat so much because i was focusing on how long it took to get there … it took over TWO hours  in the bumper to bumper traffic.

Edited by BigStewMan
  • Like 7

You know what i DON’T like about coffee … it means I’m on my way to work.

​Gary … enjoy your heat wave.  I had to travel about 30 miles to the east yesterday to an area we call the Inland Empire (it has other not so nice names as well); but, it hit 90 degrees.  Didn’t notice the heat so much because i was focusing on how long it took to get there … it took over TWO hours  in the bumper to bumper traffic.

Ah yes, i remember those days of hours in traffic, and traveling to one of the Many armpits of SoCal.

This reminds me to be thankfull for NOT sitting in traffic for the last 23 years. move north youngman, wile your still young.

It's 3am so maybe ill go make a pot of the good stuff.

• Like 6

Morning guys been very busy setting up here in NC, Weather has been nice

was working on repairing my awning (dad bent one of the rafter arms B-4 we left maryland) when heard a BLAST jumped and looked in the direction of the sound see a mist under the motor home first thought damn there went an airbag, next thought could have been the hydraulic line to the jack. Get around and have a look and can see about a 2" hole in the sidewall of the inner tire (dual rear wheels) Never had or heard of  tire blowing like that just setting there but I am sure glad it did not blow out on the road

spent part of yesterday putting up a cloths line, figure such nice weather might as well hang the clothes for free as apposed to paying the elec. Co. to dry them, Hoping to put it to the test today

also got all the windows washed on the motorhome yesterday " I can see clearly now"

Well off to grind some beans for the first cup, while the wife drops the boys at school (both seem to like the new school :emotion-21: )

Joe

• Like 4

Mornin all. Looks like I missed a bunch yesterday. Spent the day on chores, visiting with kids, listening to some vintage vinyl and cooking some ribeyes over mesquite. Also saw the new Hunger Games/Mockingjay movie on the HT. Pretty good if you get a chance to see it.

Nice paint job, Chuck. Just got an estimate on our place and it's half the amount the first guy quoted. We know the second guy and he does good work, so I gave him the work. Will update on this later.

Check back in a bit.....Cheers to all.

• Like 5