Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

hey guys.......nasty weather sunday, left a nice coating of ice for me, and im sure mkp also. it was a great day to do nuffin!

been prayin for my siblings for abo9t a year now, and low and behold one of my sisters actually contacted me thru facebook sunday! lookin forward to calling her tonight...life is too short.

• Like 3

Yes, burr for sure.  Looking at a Baratza Encore or Virtuoso.  Both have great reviews.

Another option in the price range of the Encore is the Capresso 565 series of burr grinders.  A friend of mine has the Capresso 565.05 and seems to like it alot.

• Like 2

Well, I have to say that I just ground a one cup portion in my wife's Gaggia machine, and then brewed it exactly like I always do, via Chemex just to compare with my soon to be retired cheapo Melitta burr grinder.....  Big difference in smoothness and body.  Really good...I might just stick with that for a while.

• Like 1

Well, I have to say that I just ground a one cup portion in my wife's Gaggia machine, and then brewed it exactly like I always do, via Chemex just to compare with my soon to be retired cheapo Melitta burr grinder.....  Big difference in smoothness and body.  Really good...I might just stick with that for a while.

Sounds like a good plan.

• Like 1

So I have missed a few days helping dad out and all and we also had to move the motor home, I the wife and the boys are all happy new residents of North Carolina

snow and ice on the ground in Md. and its like 60+ degrees here in NC today  :D

Still no luck finding the wallet, but applied to renew the license on line so if that works out it should be of little consequence.................turns out pretty much everything else is more or less not needed............

Cheers guys

Joe 

• Like 6

So I have missed a few days helping dad out and all and we also had to move the motor home, I the wife and the boys are all happy new residents of North Carolina

snow and ice on the ground in Md. and its like 60+ degrees here in NC today  :D

Still no luck finding the wallet, but applied to renew the license on line so if that works out it should be of little consequence.................turns out pretty much everything else is more or less not needed............

Cheers guys

Joe 

By chance Did you look really well into the seats of every car/truck you have been in ? i mean look REALLY good.

Had to go back to a Uhaul joint one time to find mine.

• Like 1

There's a story on Yahoo's main page "12 Ways You're Making Your Coffee Wrong".  May want to look at it further later.

Our by laws require that we mention cables in this thread every 60 days so is anyone still using cables?  How about power cords?   Speaker wire?  Or are we all wireless now?

Looking at other threads I saw a table tuba....looked interesting.  Are those the folded horn subs?

Retirees.....it's Tuesday......go on back to bed.

Painting continues....like the color.

HK amp packed and ready to go to FedEx.  Going to double box with another FedEx box.  Remember the time I bought a TT from a Canadian named Vladimir who used wadded newspaper as packing :wacko:  

Cheers :emotion-44:Gents

• Like 5

Hey guys....

Just a quick goodmorning to ya all. 2nd cup in the to-go cup and off to the shop. Nothing new just still busy at the shop. Used car guys still on me.......again nothing new.

Joe, good luck to ya in NC. Still hope you find the wallet.....but it sounds like it's gone :-(

Wishing all a great day....

MKP :-)

• Like 5

• Moderators
I have missed a few days helping dad out and all and we also had to move the motor home, I the wife and the boys are all happy new residents of North Carolina snow and ice on the ground in Md. and its like 60+ degrees here in NC today

I would think the boys a wife will like a little break from the cold and ice, just be careful people may now think your from the South ? Might need to learn a few new words so you don't stand out as much ? :P

• Like 2

• Moderators

Looking at other threads I saw a table tuba....looked interesting. Are those the folded horn subs?

Yes.  Here's what they look like inside (from one of my builds).  You can finish them however you like.

TABLE TUBA

I remember that build, well done, that picture really helps explain the design. To me excluding the IB I think a folded horn is the next best design. 

• Like 3

There's a story on Yahoo's main page "12 Ways You're Making Your Coffee Wrong".  May want to look at it further later.

Our by laws require that we mention cables in this thread every 60 days so is anyone still using cables?  How about power cords?   Speaker wire?  Or are we all wireless now?

Looking at other threads I saw a table tuba....looked interesting.  Are those the folded horn subs?

Retirees.....it's Tuesday......go on back to bed.

Painting continues....like the color.

HK amp packed and ready to go to FedEx.  Going to double box with another FedEx box.  Remember the time I bought a TT from a Canadian named Vladimir who used wadded newspaper as packing :wacko:  

Cheers :emotion-44:Gents

Bylaws are bylaws, so here goes: CABLES!!

Great looking sub, Carl. Somehow I missed that thread previously.

Looks like we're in for a few more inches of snow later today. This is getting old, but it's only March and our water supplies should be in good shape for the summer.

Check back in a while. Have a good day guys.

Chuck

• Like 3

Morning Gang

Little slow getting started today, Tripped over Cable, coffee pot again.

Really need to convert that critter to 110V one of these days, however a 220V Perkolater cranks out a cup of Java fast :)

Tuesday, trash can to curb, this week i overstuffed it, ill just warp an old cord around the lid, worked last time.

And finely we all know what day it is =

post-57941-0-33640000-1425394160_thumb.p

• Like 5

Morning yet again

Plan of the day, Costco (Dire need for Brownie Bites) :smile:

Smart & Final, Cheese baby, by the Brick !  last two for months :emotion-21:

Machine shop, drop my Drillpress shaft for a machined taper so i can use my new chuck :wink:

Pub, wait for Costco to open, looks like a Polish Dog breakfast today :emotion-21:

post-57941-0-63480000-1425395926_thumb.j

• Like 4

• Moderators

You are definitely a creature of habit ! 

Your going to need some road trips in the future, to spend some serious $, cave shopping, think space, as to stay out of trouble. 

• Like 3

You are definitely a creature of habit ! 

Your going to need some road trips in the future, to spend some serious $, cave shopping, think space, as to stay out of trouble. 

Yes we do miss the road trips for speaker runs, however with the impending retirement of the wife coming up here short time, like  less than 60 days, Reno runs are planned, real estate search must happen, oh yeah, she wants a new car too.

post-57941-0-70380000-1425397279_thumb.j

• Like 6