Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Cup of the Dickinsons blend fresh cracked beans, before bed.

Been a hella evening, Pub dinner, Costco and two more pubs.

Madeleine's, Brownie Bites, and the Haagen Dazs, yep that should finish me off just fine.

Saw some lightning, zero rain, not one frigging drop.

• Like 5

Looks like I'm a bit late getting in on this thread, more like a blanket than a thread! 336 pages, Jez!

So yeah being off work Friday and Monday rank quite high; I retired in Nov. which ranks highest. Kept busy nearly every day with home projects that were put off and off and off. Now no hurry to get them done and have them lined up and some finished. Upstairs/ hallways painted - finished. Re-grout shower/ new shower doors - finished. Now working on a freshening of the finished basement worthy of my new KHorns. About half way complete. I'll post somes pics when ready. And amongst this are 3-4 mile daily walks when weather allows and riding my MC's whenever possible. My two drugs - hifi and bikes.

Coffee - all day, every day. French press most often, older GE percolater on the weekend and a Bialetti expresso maker for a quick launch. An in-expensive, stove top maker that's really slick and brews a damn nice 1/2 cup or so.

Well back to work, getting ready to shampoo the carpet, then install new baseboards and assemble new equipment rack.

Yep love my Bialetti moka pot too!

• Like 3

Sunny, windy, and a little cool.  Coffee done.....still using Mayorga brand beans from Costco.  No compelling reason to change...good taste and price.  Grind daily.

Lady friend off to play tennis.  My only chore is to go to the paint store for a couple of gallons of Kiwi Gold to paint the foyer.  Gold?  I know but it's not bad.  Will look good next to the dining room which is Cactus Flower.  Painter is coming Sunday and Monday his days off from the paint store.

May break out the chain saw and clean up some broken limbs from the ice storm.

Day 6 of all protein.  Beginning weight 189.6.  This morning 183.0.  Think I will transition to Atkins today which allows salads.

Cheers :emotion-44: Gents

• Like 6

Mornin' guys. 2 cups down. Cold but sunny today right now but more weather is on the way for Denver. The traffic heading to the ski areas makes I-70 look like a parking lot. The southwest corner of the state is getting absolutely blasted with snow measured in feet. That doesn't always happen, but it's not a rarity either.

This will be Baxter's last 'official' day of dog school. We will probably skip graduation next week since we really need more time to work with him. The challenge this spring will be training him to stay out of the flower gardens, We have the tools for training, but the snow has made it impossible to work with him outdoors.

Have a great Saturday. Try to check back.

• Like 4

Morning gang

A wee bit on the nippy side right now, 48 and im going for long sleeves.

62 with possible thunderstorms, yeah like that's going to happen.

Watercraft is covered, first cup is tasting mighty fine.

Nothing planned today, waiting on Panic Button parts from the Bay.

My calender is now confirmed as to plans made last summer, no chance of Hope gathering this year.

I will be in Arz dropping $32K for two eighteen wheelers and an 8 man "Airworthy Crew", two week time frame.

one plane to fly and one to ship to Nevada, then back to clean the :emotion-21:  (Sold) :emotion-21: hanger. 

• Like 4

The challenge this spring will be training him to stay out of the flower gardens

I would like to find a way to get Ginger from barking at the dogs next door.  When she does she digs and makes a big mess.  

Still working on the first cup, had Dunken doughnuts for breakfast.  Now the wife is talking grocery store :angry:  oh well at least I will get it done and over for the week. 

• Like 4

Good morning friends....

Just took this with Chuck in mind, some Starbuck's and vintage Hammond and Leslie 'to go' ....

This instrument was bought by the folks brand new in '67 and has followed me to my third home. Chuck, the 'key click' filter removed and the 145 has some Goff updates.. This old girl screams when pushed (0;

Sunny here, perfect day for roof raking the neighbors home while they are away in FL. for 2 months ...

Enjoy the day everyone (0:image.jpg1_98.jpg

• Like 7

Good morning JL.   This is the E100..(walnut finish / contemporary style like an A-100)......would the sister be the E-300 (church model)?  That model lacked the percussion, brush and cymbal crash effects.. 

When I took lessons at the Hammond dealer (for 4 years!) I would LOVE it when the teacher would have the lesson on an H-100 !  I would try to use those added 10th and llth drawbars, and of course, she would push them right back in on me :o (as they were not to be used....I figured the high pitches drove her nuts ^_^ )

Earl, you are right, it is a 'Wood Technologies' stand, normally I use it to hold the remote lighting controls, but, I did not want to set the tasty morning beverage anywhere near the fine finish....it is generally prohibited in our firm as well, although, organists do it all the time, and we find stains and ruined finishes more often then not on the consoles :wacko: !

All for the moment, thanks for the likes and comments as ever :)

......Gary

Edited by Tigerman
  • Like 5

Good morning JL.   This is the E100..(walnut finish / contemporary style like an A-100)......would the sister be the E-300 (church model)?  That model lacked the percussion, brush and cymbal crash effects.. 

When I took lessons at the Hammond dealer (for 4 years!) I would LOVE it when the teacher would have the lesson on an H-100 !  I would try to use those added 10th and llth drawbars, and of course, she would push them right back in on me :o (as they were not to be used....I figured the high pitches drove her nuts ^_^ )

Earl, you are right, it is a 'Wood Technologies' stand, normally I use it to hold the remote lighting controls, but, I did not want to set the tasty morning beverage anywhere near the fine finish....it is generally prohibited in our firm as well, although, organists do it all the time, and we find stains and ruined finishes more often then not on the consoles :wacko: !

All for the moment, thanks for the likes and comments as ever :)

......Gary

Thanks, Gary. In addition to whatever Goff mods were made to the Leslie, the organ has 2 half moons for connection to 2 Leslies!! Cool. Anytime one can bypass the internal speaker on a Hammond to connect to an external Leslie is cause for celebration. Appreciate the pic.

• Like 4

Finished my last cup of "the morning,"  a dark roast Sumatran I made in my smallest Italian pressure pot.  Yum. 

Didn't get out of bed until 1100 when my faithful dog came in an stuck her nose in my face as my son and I didn't get home until nearly midnight last night from Galveston.  Got to cross seeing Hal Holbrook perform "Mark Twain Tonight" off my bucket list.  Probably just in time as he is 90 and it's his 61rst year of doing it.  The performance was at the Grand 1894 Opera House, and, of course, precisely the setting Mark himself would have performed in.  I can tell you that, as I expected, it was NOT a performance, but Mark Twain himself.  Unbelievable.  I shed a tear as he shuffled off the stage and the lights went down, and thought a prayer of gratitude that I had the opportunity to experience this.  Earth shall not see his like again...

I have two 6 eye Columbia mono LPs of him doing this 50 years ago I've treasured.  My son dozed a little in the second hour, but really enjoyed most of it. 

Dave

• Like 3

Thanks for that Chuck B)

The Leslie controller is all the way to the left, there used to be a second one in the mid space, and the one to the right is the usual 'main-ensemble-echo' ....   But yes, you are right.   Now, there is a mod that can change the percussion to that of the older models (A_B_C's).  I was really thinking of doing that, but with switches on the rear so that all can be easily reversed.

One of the important mods I installed is Goff's treble driver.  Never need to worry about creating that 'kazoo' effect again!  :)

Mark, how was that breakfast ?   It will be another experiment tomorrow morning with RICE flour pancakes here.  I find that to be a real challenge, but my dad has that off to a tee, something I need to fine tune a bit more for better results ;)

Ok, off to roof rake some more........(the neighbors house that is......)

........Gary

• Like 5

Afternoon guys,

Coffee all done a few hours ago. I drug my trailer to the shop today. Plan wa to get it ready for the trip to north Philly tomorrow, was going to pick-up a Wheelhorse tractor. But we are getting some weather and wife does not want to risk it. The guy is cool, he is saving it for me.

Anyway I'll hang here at the shop for few more hours......clean the place up some. OK gang I'll check-in later...

MKP :-)

• Like 4

Afternoon my friends...

Ok JL ...  Yes, I had one of those 'harp' sustain transistors go as well.   I have a FULL sustain board from an H-100 at our shop, so plenty there to scoff from.   OH, the amp.  When this one was BRAND NEW, it was only a couple months into daily practice and use, and something would short out and then you could here the wax in a transformer burning up!!!

The service man from Hammond at the time mentioned something about the rectifier tube and the terminals under the chassis at the socket were arcing and shorting!  :o   So, he did what ever at the time and that ended that, lucky NO damage to the transformer.   Then, we had him stop by again to install a headphone jack so I could practice silently.   Many years back, I removed all that wiring and the leaf switch that went with it.    Installed the Leslie kit.......that is all...

To this day, the organ runs flawlessly (even though these 100 series organs were considered TOTAL 'dogs', and working on them is even worse.   But, the sound they make, makes up for all of that.  They are also a HAIR off A-440 when you run them along an older model with the sync AC motors.  Something I discovered one day when I had a number of Hammonds in the livingroom I could notes on two of them and there would be a slow 'celeste' going on between them.  Probably something no one ever knew or cared about.

Sorry for the long post....   Had to get that all in a few paragraphs :)

.....Gary

• Like 4

I bought mine for $100.00 and played it for 3 years. I then sold it to the next lucky person for that same $100.00. A hell of a lot of organ for a measly hundred bucks IMHO. Bonafied tone wheel and all it is. Mine has some of that key slop which I know you're familiar with and it's apparently a big job to fix. Anyway, fun while it lasted LOL.

Oh, and mine was setup for the Leslie. Had the controls just under the lower keys. Never got one for it though. :wacko:

Edited by JL Sargent
  • Like 3

Evening "Nobody Here"

This is one of the few times in my lifestyle i get to pay for 8 hr Naps, Coffee @ 7Pm, yeah baby :emotion-21:

Likely end up engineering a new project shopping the bay for parts and biotching about delivery for the next week :wacko2:

Retirement is good  :emotion-21: 

• Like 3