Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

I never got a thank you note for the toaster :wacko:

So YOU were the one who sent that Dam thing :o

Well it's obvious whoever you sent it to did not get it, must have been stolden off CeCs doorstep.

Also whoever did fire that Dam thing up last month is NOT using the adapter i built for it, remember the east coast and internet was blown away for the better part of 4 hours last month?

Only a matter of time till this thing shows up on someones countertop.

Next time your lights flicker, you know someone, somewhere is, well, Toast.

I'm certain oldtimer is involved somehow.

• Like 3

I never got a thank you note for the toaster :wacko:

So YOU were the one who sent that Dam thing :o

Well it's obvious whoever you sent it to did not get it, must have been stolden off CeCs doorstep.

Also whoever did fire that Dam thing up last month is NOT using the adapter i built for it, remember the east coast and internet was blown away for the better part of 4 hours last month?

Only a matter of time till this thing shows up on someones countertop.

Next time your lights flicker, you know someone, somewhere is, well, Toast.

I'm certain oldtimer is involved somehow.

Good thinking, i never gave a thought someone else being involved, maybe they installed a GPS tracker on this Toaster ?

• Like 3

Seems I'm easily distracted by shiny things! Was headed downstairs about four o'clock the other morning, security light flashed on and I managed to fall down the last five stairs. Laid there couple of minutes, moving one extremity at a time to make sure nothing was broken. Escaped with several nasty bruises. Scared the crap out of Elden and I both. First cup in hand....seems no one is an early riser around here

That almost happened to me before! Do be careful! Fishing from the porch? Ah, the life of Riley!

Some good work being done. Must have the right crew on the job! :)

• Like 3

Erin has always been up for road trips to anywhere, but driving 400+ miles for a motel & petting zoo kind of got old. Brilliant idea some years back! Hey babe, how-a-bout we go to Monterey this weekend? There is a guy on the CL that has the speakers for "Your System" you have always wanted. >Build hers FIRST !< hell sometimes when looking at the bank acct after a road trip, i wish i had someone around to ****** slap me.

Well, I guess to be fair, she did go on a 300 mile rounder with me to Jacksonville a couple of years ago for a CL deal.

Next time she starts rapping about work around here, I will take her for a ride along the coast, or farther. :) Hope she never reads this!

• Like 2

Erin has always been up for road trips to anywhere, but driving 400+ miles for a motel & petting zoo kind of got old. Brilliant idea some years back! Hey babe, how-a-bout we go to Monterey this weekend? There is a guy on the CL that has the speakers for "Your System" you have always wanted. >Build hers FIRST !< hell sometimes when looking at the bank acct after a road trip, i wish i had someone around to ****** slap me.

Well, I guess to be fair, she did go on a 300 mile rounder with me to Jacksonville a couple of years ago for a CL deal.

Next time she starts rapping about work around here, I will take her for a ride along the coast, or farther. :) Hope she never reads this!

Listen to her, ask her even, what she wants, then find it on the CL 300 miles away, total excuse for a great road trip.

• Like 4

• Moderators

Seems I'm easily distracted by shiny things! Was headed downstairs about four o'clock the other morning, security light flashed on and I managed to fall down the last five stairs. Laid there couple of minutes, moving one extremity at a time to make sure nothing was broken. Escaped with several nasty bruises. Scared the crap out of Elden and I both. First cup in hand....seems no one is an early riser around here

That almost happened to me before! Do be careful! Fishing from the porch? Ah, the life of Riley!

Seems Elden is a one man crew!!!

• Like 3

Seems Elden is a one man crew!!!

Dang, too bad I live so far away or, I would be his gopher! Good man dtel! :)

• Like 2

Listen to her, ask her even, what she wants, then find it on the CL 300 miles away, total excuse for a great road trip.

Good idea! She already has my Chorus 

Tell her her speaker(s) will "Come Alive" with this new Amp you found on the CL, there is just a little road trip involved babe.

I focus on what she wants first, i set her system up first (years ago), since i finished off the wifes system w/Khorns, anything/anywhere i want, her only response is when do we leave? my wife just makes it too easy for me.

Last senerio convinced me "I WILL BE MY OWN UNDOING"

I imagian a guy (me), goes up to the wife and says, hey babe, i found some speakers in St Louis, and i want them, it's only a 4300 mile road trip, it will take 12 days, cost 2K for speakers, $700 for trailer, and a couple grand for expenses.

The wife say's > When do we leave ?

• Like 3

Last senerio convinced me "I WILL BE MY OWN UNDOING" I imagian a guy (me), goes up to the wife and says, hey babe, i found some speakers in St Louis, and i want them, it's only a 4300 mile road trip, it will take 12 days, cost 2K for speakers, $700 for trailer, and a couple grand for expenses. The wife say's > When do we leave ?

You used to be in sales didn't you,lol :)

• Like 3

Last senerio convinced me "I WILL BE MY OWN UNDOING" I imagian a guy (me), goes up to the wife and says, hey babe, i found some speakers in St Louis, and i want them, it's only a 4300 mile road trip, it will take 12 days, cost 2K for speakers, $700 for trailer, and a couple grand for expenses. The wife say's > When do we leave ?

You used to be in sales didn't you,lol :)

That would be the one smart thing iv steered away from my whole life, i rarely even get my money back when selling something.

• Like 3

Did the right thing steering clear. There is an Onkyo that is too nice to ship so, yeah. When she gets back from Maine, she will be rested.

Roadtrip :) Have made some good deals on the weekend job off of CL, with my super's blessing. He has Bose so, he understands. :)  

That would be the one smart thing iv steered away from my whole life, i rarely even get my money back when selling something.
  • Like 2

They sell PEX here but a plumber friend told me that it was allowed by code.  Most builders here use CPVC. 

Allowed or not allowed?

CPVC is normally just used for hot water.

Not allowed, 

They use CPVC for hot and cold around here. 

• Like 3

Happy Tuesday, woke this morning and had to dismantle the boys ps3 and clean out all the dust (according to the net, dust can cause the ps3 to freeze) I am assuming heat builds up

Now the day is open for ??

Steve glad to hear your dental issue is somewhat resolved, a few years ago I had a bad tooth which turned out to be a whole other issue, long story short no more dentists for me as I have no teeth (I dont miss the nerve pain I can tell you that)

• Like 2