Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

Unfortunately, I have to note that today's quality of the pressings no longer has the level of the former quality. How often I have unpacked a current sealed LP, put on and heard after a few minutes the first crackle and scratch. Since even a record washing machine is of no use. It's damn annoying because vinyl has also become very expensive. On average, I pay almost 30 € for a current record.Of course, every now and then you catch a flawless new release.

• Like 1

Hahahaha I've got a promo copy from Hanna Barbara and it's nothing but "drop-ins."  Some funny sound effects on it.  Both sides are just random sounds and cuts from all the characters.  Now I'm gonna have to look for it.  Found it...  Prolly 1965 or so.

IMG-20220624-171659510.jpg

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

Hahahaha I've got a promo copy from Hanna Barbara and it's nothing but "drop-ins."  Some funny sound effects on it.  Both sides are just random sounds and cuts from all the characters.  Now I'm gonna have to look for it.  Found it...  Prolly 1965 or so.

IMG-20220624-171659510.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Got windoze back tonight and my music sound good again! Even George has been rocking.

Been hurtin' pretty much taking 500s one every four or five hrs lately, Hope I can make it `till Tues am.

Going with the 107 tonight, yea its been since mid afternoon since an aspirin. Imagine the two together would be a recipe for gastritis!

Put this on a while ago when I got rig halfway set up:

Ain't no boo- hoo-ing goin on round here but this just felt right!

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

Thanks for that George.  Was gonna look but the phone started ringing.  lolol  Sittin here laffin and shaking my head.  Mine is #744 😂

You´re welcome Dave. The thing behind it is this : When I see something old like this it makes me curious , just like a few days ago with @grasshopper´s  Mr Gallhager and Mr Shean poster . I always want to know what it's about.

• Like 2

was a very quiet AM.... Electricity was out for 3 hrs. Had to wait for breakfast. House is all electric. We did have water. Gas powered backup generators for the pump/s.

Mexican style breakfast. refried beans and scrambled egg burritos. Ready for a nap now.

I have sheet music for this. I pulled the Mel Blanc version for your enjoyment

• Like 3

this sheet music belonged to my grandmother. She was a factory girl. Ran around with some well known characters... George Gipp, Knute Rockne..... My sister has a letter from Gipp to her. She used to talk about speak-easies and gin joints. Saw a pic of her in her prime... she was a flapper

chuckling to myself... the wife seems [overly] concerned that I am enjoying her vacation too much. In reality... I am just maintaining. Simplifying some things to make it easier....

• Like 2

You might be in for trouble @grasshopper hang in there.

Oh yea crank up that water, you've got the backup. "Gots" to have the am coffee!

I think I have finally wrested control of win 11 at least for now. First I backed down to the beta channel, the old middle channel. Then the Windows Firewall Control has been bankrolled by a pretty big corporation it seems. Good for him, he's been doing this for a long time and it is stable now not like the Windows Firewall Notifier that was also around during the win xp CastleCops days. Using my license on just the Nod32 AV since their firewall is junk to me now.

*I do wish Kerio had not reneged on my Lifetime License for KPF. I guess since it was discontinued, made into something commercial and renamed my # just went up in smoke! 

New setup blocks the net when msft or anything messes with it :P

Edited by JohnJ
* KPF
  • Like 2

Good morning!

Almost like summer in the mid-west....cut the R/H in half. Been pretty darn nice.

Threw the wife off of "my enjoying her vacation too much". I was headachy yesterday and told her I wasn't feeling top notch.

What I didn't tell her...

...I made some brownies...

overindulged, making sure they were good.

Was up half the night and didn't sleep much for the other half. LOL

• Haha 2

Wonder if there were any pricey herbs in those brownies? Guess not that would cure a headache instead of giving you one!

Tooth ordeal wasn't an ordeal, it was uncomfortable yesterday. Think I was thinking of those two sideways impacted wisdom teeth I had out forty years ago..  that was painful!  I made coffee today, the minimum I can brew. But I did it twice to make up for going without yesterday! Ate a couple sandwiches on English Muffins instead of mac & cheese like yesterday also. 

If I could only quit taking that RX that "eats" the calcium out of my bone marrow...

Edited by JohnJ
  • Like 2

Yeah... the brownies were "fortified"

I didn't have a headache so much as was still dar dar.

It is cold... 82`. Been raining on and off since noon. 

Made another batch of beans. Gonna have to freeze some of them. I put too many in the pot and filled a 5qt pan when they soaked overnight. I had enough room to add water to cook them... but, that pan is FULL

• Like 2

"Whole bag" takes on a different dimension down here. I opened a #5 bag... and no, I didn't put them all in. #1 doesn't make much... so, I stepped it up a little... too much

Pinto beans, here, are like rice in HI... no self-respecting store would be w/o #20 bags of rice.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2